Scotty

51 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Very very enlightening listening to Charlie Christie on the radio.........he's not holding back !!

Charlie Christie spoke common sense on the radio.

Time is up for Foran. But that is only one of the problems at the core of our club. We have a team with 'old' and inept players. I can only single out Fisher and Polworth as worth keeping. 

I don't think we will have much say in who we are keeping as most are out of contract or on loan.

I can't see Fisher staying especially if Ritchie remains in charge.

Relegation will likely see us having to start from scratch which is a huge worry!!!

• Agree 1

That was a sore one, but sums up our season.

I thought we started ok, but the comedic first goal was a disaster that kicked the stuffing out of the team and drained all confidence.

From then, there was only one team in it, and credit to Boyce for the second.

Raven was culpable at the third and Polworth at the fourth, so three gifts to our rivals.

Apparently Mulraney was lucky a head butt wasn't seen, but if the TV showed it, presumably he will be punished.

I try to be positive, but can't be tonight. It is hard to see how we can get to 11th now. Three big games in the last few weeks, no points and 11 goals conceded, and three red cards! 

I will be there next Saturday, possibly my last home game in the top flight for some time, as I can't get to the game on the 20th. Next week really is a "must win".

I just hope Hamilton and Dundee lose tomorrow to give me a straw to clutch at!

Just checked the stats, Boyce has scored 9 against us this season.

Jf only we had someone who could have scored 20 plus, who knows?

That said, maybe we have, but with such poor service, it never happened.

41 minutes ago, TomCaleyJag said:

I missed this as I was watching on BT Sport.. Summarise for me?

There was a lot to take in and Barry Wilson was chipping in too so between them both they touched on .squad size too big, no opportunities for U20's, players wages structure, lack of proper scouting network, concern in youth for about job security, players signed without someone looking at them, an SPL club selling merchandise out of a portakabin, no crowd bounce despite cup win, Foran saying he  "needs men" - Charlie rubbishing that and saying we need committed footballers. "Defending is the easy bit of the game". RF wanting a team of 11 RF's. Lack of a team shape, trying to play with a no 10 using players who aren't no10's. Losing the dressing room. Not investing transfer windfalls. What was going wrong tactically on the night. Comparison with slicker club operation at County. Some fans having unrealistic expectations. Recognition of Roy McGregor and plea for ICTFC benefactor to step forward. I sensed he was as angry as the rest of us.  There was just no doubting his passion for club and disappointment. Really was a must listen. 

• Agree 11

With all of Charlie's knowledge, passion and skills why is he not more instrumental inside the club in moving us forward? He is the only one i have heard who talks sense, has a vision and understands the game - in a way no director has ever uttered. Put him on the board, or make him director of football, or whatever title you want, but give him some clout inside the club, especially when it comes to choosing the next manager this summer, and building a new squad. otherwise we are only going one way - further down the divisions.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

I owe a lot of fellow posters a profound apology. You argued that there should be change in January to save our season and our Premiership status, I argued that Foran had potential and should be given time to put things right.

I am so very sorry, you were all right and I was entirely wrong. Foran is getting worse as the season goes on rather than better, It's quite clear now that he can't coach, he is no tactician and he can't inspire and that he is never going to be capable of doing these things.

His attempt this evening to heap blame on the players rather than take any responsibility himself was contemptible. The players are good enough for mid table. The manager has proved that he is not good enough for the Highland League.

The fight for Premiership survival is lost. Nevertheless, we can't drift for the rest of the season. Foran needs to be gone by Monday either of his own volition or at the hands of the increasingly discredited board. This season is lost and was a complete shambles. We need now to get someone who can manage in to start preparing for life in the Championship to give us any chance at all of recovery.

• Agree 11

The club is a shambles. From top to bottom change is needed across all levels - Board, coaching, players. I have lived across the UK and in every place I have lived I've followed and supported the local team - that was until I came to Inverness. The product being sold being the stadium, the team, the vision is non existent. The engagement with the city is really poor - I coached school level for 6 years and there was virtually no engagement of any sort from the club, in fact a senior member at the club actively disengaged with the coaches. Fans are treated badly, the Board - well if they operated like that in a business world they would be sacked or bankrupt. ICT has massive potential but only with a young, fresh forward looking positive board. 

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, Kingsmills said:

I owe a lot of fellow posters a profound apology. You argued that there should be change in January to save our season and our Premiership status, I argued that Foran had potential and should be given time to put things right.

I am so very sorry, you were all right and I was entirely wrong. Foran is getting worse as the season goes on rather than better, It's quite clear now that he can't coach, he is no tactician and he can't inspire and that he is never going to be capable of doing these things.

His attempt this evening to heap blame on the players rather than take any responsibility himself was contemptible. The players are good enough for mid table. The manager has proved that he is not good enough for the Highland League.

The fight for Premiership survival is lost. Nevertheless, we can't drift for the rest of the season. Foran needs to be gone by Monday either of his own volition or at the hands of the increasingly discredited board. This season is lost and was a complete shambles. We need now to get someone who can manage in to start preparing for life in the Championship to give us any chance at all of recovery.

Therein lies the problem that has become increasingly apparent : no fight.

Agree that by whatever means RF has to be gone by Monday morning at the very, very latest. Just hope we get organised and bounce back like we did the last time we went down.

6 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

As I never give anybody a Red Dot whatever -  Please accept this.

Image result for red dot

8 minutes ago, davybob said:

The club is a shambles. From top to bottom change is needed across all levels - Board, coaching, players. I have lived across the UK and in every place I have lived I've followed and supported the local team - that was until I came to Inverness. The product being sold being the stadium, the team, the vision is non existent. The engagement with the city is really poor - I coached school level for 6 years and there was virtually no engagement of any sort from the club, in fact a senior member at the club actively disengaged with the coaches. Fans are treated badly, the Board - well if they operated like that in a business world they would be sacked or bankrupt. ICT has massive potential but only with a young, fresh forward looking positive board. 

Absolutely bang on, we the supporters have been taken for granted by the board for long enough. The set up is a shambles from the very bottom to the very top. 

Tonight was an all time low in Dingwall , not just the result but the feeling that in all aspects they are streets ahead of us .

Hate to say it but can only see them getting stronger in our absence from the SPL and we need serious change so Cameron and co do the right thing and go now.

Whether it be the time a player won the club lottery or when Graeme Bennet's son was the mascot for the Celtic game in 2002, the club's always been very jobs for the boys.  It seemed to die away a bit when Butcher came, but now it's back with a vengeance.  I remember being horrified after we won the Scottish Cup after someone said that winning the cup alone should be enough to market the club to the town.  Absolute rubbish.  The club's done nothing to reach out to it's supporters.  There's been no desire to truly engage with the local area on a big scale (plenty of time to commentate on Twitter about Eurovision though) while some of the players walk around the town like they're Cristiano Ronaldo.  Put on top of that a rubbish stadium with horrid facilities (the toilets don't even have seats for god's sake!).

Inverness doesn't love the club...and the club doesn't care for Inverness.

• Agree 2

What a shambles.  I couldn't watch the game live as I had a commitment I couldn't get out of, so I recorded it. Just watched first half with my whisky glass covering my eyes for a lot of it. Gave up then and flicked to BBC to see the full time score.  Not surprised that it got even worse..

Nothing more to add. Feel sure that with this manager, no matter how much the squad might be improved, we will struggle again in the championship.  I said months ago that we should bin Ritchie, get new blood in and prepare for lower league football.   Even more important now that a new man is appointed quickly to give him some time in the summer to try and get some organisation and dicsipline into a new squad.

Thanks anyway ICT for giving me a few years of top flight football, and of course, the brilliant cup win, and even a  taste of European football,  none of which I could even of dreamt of, when growing up in Inverness after second World War, and watching Caley play at Telford Street for a tanner (2.5pence in todays money) ,in the glory days of the early 50s.

Hopefully, I'll still make it up north occasionally for the odd game to meet up with old friends, especially if we manage a decent cup run from time to time.

Never made the game tonght due to prior engagement. Feared the worst but even my abject pessimism failed to predict the utter shambles which transpired.  

Enough is enough. Time for a change of direction at all levels. The incumbents have nothing to offer. We need a radical overhaul of all levels from kids to first team. On current form we will be fighting relegation from Championship next season. Unbelievable to contrast with where we were a mere two years ago. A massive missed opportunity from our non-existent board. Sad. 

• Agree 1

When I made postings in November and December last year about how I felt we were sinking into the mire and feared the worst I was lambasted by quite a few folk on this forum and told to stop being so negative. Now when you read nearly every posting on tonight's game these seem to vindicate my "alleged" ramblings. Nevertheless I have continued to go to matches in the hope that we might turn the corner. No chance though after witnessing tonight's debacle, not helped again by not getting the rub of the green from yet another referee.

I was also listening to Barry Wilson and Charlie Christie on Radio Scotland whilst driving back early from Dungwall. Yes, I was one of the several who left immediately after the fourth goal. Up until this season I had never left a game before the final whistle. I must have left at least five times this year alone and tonight was the earliest, with 30 minutes to go. Some folk around us left when the second goal went in and headed for The Mallard.

Charlie touched on a number of matters post match that suggested there are more deep seated issues, which I also heard strong rumours about two weeks ago. With poor home attendances and not kicking on after our Cup win, youth and Under 20s players not being offered new contracts, a large senior squad with a high wage bill and retaining a manager because the Board can't afford to sack him, all points to a club in serious financial trouble. Yet we have been told the Club has been in the black for a few seasons now?

If the rumours I heard from more than one source are true (and I desperately hope not), then we don't just face dropping into The Championship, but League 2 for next season, just like that dark force of evil from Govan. This would be very very grave indeed and I fear we might never recover from it.

5 hours ago, Row S said:

If the rumours I heard from more than one source are true (and I desperately hope not), then we don't just face dropping into The Championship, but League 2 for next season, just like that dark force of evil from Govan. This would be very very grave indeed and I fear we might never recover from it.

Reference to the Govan cheats indicates that you are hinting at liquidation rather than administration?

My guess is that the gains from Ryan Christie's sale and the cup victory simply fed the annual £250k or more baseline running loss of this club, turning the apparent very small profits over the past few years. Some might have preferred investment in players, infrastructure and youth. I think we can expect a big red number in the next ICT accounts, given this season's poor attendances, loss of prize money and poor cup runs + no player sales. I doubt it will be enough for liquidation, but will certainly ring alarm bells. No cash simply ties the club in knots, with no flexibility to react to situations and always having to take the cheap option - evidence, Richie Foran's knee-jerk  appointment and persistence as manager. There is no excuse for the 4 year contract - that was just pure madness.

The board will be kicking themselves now for not forcing Hughes to sell Tansey to Aberdeen last year. Yes, he's been a good player for the club, but ultimately we're still going down this year and he's still going to Aberdeen, so the only effect is that we're £200k worse off. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Tough times are certainly ahead and will require a fresh approach and new investment otherwise it will be part-time football.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, PerfICT said:

The board will be kicking themselves now for not forcing Hughes to sell Tansey to Aberdeen last year. Yes, he's been a good player for the club, but ultimately we're still going down this year and he's still going to Aberdeen, so the only effect is that we're £200k worse off. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

With the benefit of hindsight, the board's first mistake was in not letting Hughes speak to united, and that was compounded by not taking the money for Tansey. So when it all went wrong with Hughes, the cheap option of Foran was probably the only way. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

With the benefit of hindsight, the board's first mistake was in not letting Hughes speak to united, and that was compounded by not taking the money for Tansey. So when it all went wrong with Hughes, the cheap option of Foran was probably the only way. 

However, the failure of the board to act when it became clear that Foran wasn't up to the task on his own was criminal. 

10 hours ago, dave26 said:

I can't (or can I) believe Ritchie has come out and said we just need 4 wins / 12 points - he has lost the plot as have the Board!

I'm not sure what else he could say - he won't want to be seen as chucking it. And he's right, 12 points would probably get us a least a play off. 

However, I'd be very interested to know how he thinks he he can go from 4 wins in 34 to 4 out 4.

• Agree 1

As I've stated in the past, I'm not so bothered by pyro but that throwing on of a smoke bomb onto the park towards the end of the first half was ridiculous.  We had an attack and then got a corner out of it.  We were 2-0 down and for once had some momentum on our side and a goal from the corner could've changed the whole game.  Yet just the corner is about to be taken some moron throws a smokebomb onto the park disrupting the game for a good minute or so, sapping our momentum away.  If the club can identify who that was, they should ban them for gross stupidity.

• Agree 2

What can i honestly say about last night....... Absolute shambles a huge disgrace to the fans foran has to go and go now!!! 

If we don't change anything now we are heading for further relegations. Championship will be hugely hard. We aren't the pride of the Highlands now we are the embarrassments of the Highlands. 

On aspects of these so called rumours? Richie lost the dressing room weeks ago after a incident at half time don't remember what game it was but it was shocking to even hear about. 

Sad but people will lose jobs and budget will be drastically reduced. 

• Agree 2

• Scotty unpinned and unfeatured this topic