FORAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaleyMax

7 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Just a quick comment about Richie's team selections. When they are bad enough they can have some devastating psychological  impacts that can also lead to daily depression, even deep, unquenchable anger. It's the constant pain and depression factors that are the hardest to overcome.

In the early days, just after the gubbing happens, just getting about within a small area , such as a home, is a constant struggle. Also being used to collecting eniugh points these gubbings can bring you down to a different level of challenge. " Why us?" is a question we ask on more than one occasion .Irrational, of course, but your mental and physical systems are altered because the effects of a gubbing restricts you in many different ways, reminding you of your teams vulnerability and new frailty. In this circumstance, just getting dressed and preparing to go out is difficult and the thought of going "all the way down": to the club is a major thought, even a worry.

When you are there (at the club, say), for sure the pain is likely to increase because you know what's coming and the question is .." Is Richie inspiring anyone at all, and how long can I stand the cold and the drizzle, etc, etc? Oh well. next time I will stay at home and rest...etc.

Some of these surrenders by our players have been really daunting and some DO take a very long time to heal and we worry they can re-occur at any future time.  And that's a buried  fear that  can nag at you even as time goes on. You think you are finally over the hump and one sloppy pass back can just ruin your day.

I think most of us would much rather be in the pub instead of hanging around waiting for a miracle to happen to  make our day.

Scarlet Pimple this wee tweak is what you should have said surely?

You make a fair point about injuries if they are major (breaks, etc) but you really need to stop molly coddling the players. Remember Richie needs real men :laugh:

Can't believe Richie's still in post and still looking for nasty guys to "man up". Sometimes it may be better to stop talking.:shrug:

If, as many people suggest, Foran is on a rolling 12 month contract, perhaps we could serve notice now so that when our poor league position in the Championship leads to him getting sacked in the autumn, there's only a few months compensation left to be paid. :smile:

10 hours ago, Yngwie said:

If, as many people suggest, Foran is on a rolling 12 month contract, perhaps we could serve notice now so that when our poor league position in the Championship leads to him getting sacked in the autumn, there's only a few months compensation left to be paid. :smile:

Maybe its a 4 year contract with a rolling additional 12 months.

Rebel Without a Clue

Why,  you ARE a very naughty man!  You've hacked my post just above yours and almost made it unrecognisable to me. That's' almost plagiarism. And we can't have that on 'ere. mate. You gave me a real turn, I have to say that . I was thinking...did I really write that, was I drunk or what?.Or just really tired after a long hard day watching telly.:wink:

Oh well, it takes all kinds to make a world.

54 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Foran back in....https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/ex-dundee-boss-paul-hartley-may-take-caley/   This should motivate us against Killie!!

'Foran the Failure' must go, that is still for sure.

But Hartley, not for me thanks. 

Neil McCann is doing well at Dundee, what's his uncle Terry doing these days? :ictscarf:

Edited by Guest

IF Foran was to go, I'd not be too upset having a look at Russell Latapy as the new manager. 

He's been looking for a number 1 slot for a bit and it could be argued that we had by far our most successful season ever when he was around with Yogi. Who knows, maybe his time to shine.

As another "rookie" manager it might be seen as a bit of risk. But you don't get anywhere if you don't occasionally risk your neck. 

Either way next year we need a bit of a squad clear out. We'll likely lose Meekings. But we have to consider who is worth keeping. 

If, and realistically it's almost certain, we are a championship team next term I'd like to see the midfield built around Polworth. Give him his chance to shine. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

IF Foran was to go, I'd not be too upset having a look at Russell Latapy as the new manager. 

He's been looking for a number 1 slot for a bit and it could be argued that we had by far our most successful season ever when he was around with Yogi. Who knows, maybe his time to shine.

As another "rookie" manager it might be seen as a bit of risk. But you don't get anywhere if you don't occasionally risk your neck. 

Either way next year we need a bit of a squad clear out. We'll likely lose Meekings. But we have to consider who is worth keeping. 

If, and realistically it's almost certain, we are a championship team next term I'd like to see the midfield built around Polworth. Give him his chance to shine. 

No just no!!! 

• Agree 3

Hartley wouldn't be a bad shout, He was close last time, and crucially is available, so could get on with the rebuild straightaway. Otherwise we could spend months trawling candidates. A lot more convincing than Foran, which is all I care about at this stage, and a decent record in getting clubs promoted.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Like Caman, I just don't see why Paul Hartley is being touted for ICT. I don't think he is a great manager, his record is not great and he is not the man I would want to replace RF.

Really?  3 successive promotions.  2 with Alloa, 1 with Dundee.  Then took Dundee into the top 6 in their first season back in the Premiership.  Take out the last 7 games and he has a fantastic record.

• Agree 2

Amazing how Russell Latapy seems to have become this coaching guru in the eyes of many since he left.  Speak to folk who came into contact with him and they'll tell you his influence on the team was next to nothing, hence why he was removed from his position.

• Agree 2

Just heard the latest shambles of an interview with RF. Apparently, Saturday's win was "just at the right time". No it wasn't - the right time was 3 months or more ago and then we wouldn't be staring down the barrel. Sure, it gives a glimmer of hope, was in the nick of time or kept us alive, but it was not at just the right time.

On 2017-4-28 at 9:23 PM, CaleyMax said:

He has no idea about Football, he is the weakest link GTF

Sorry if I'm repeating myself but GTF FORAN ! (Oh and that's not Get To Fort William fc)

Edited by CaleyMax
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ICT94Scott said:

Relegation will be confirmed on Tuesday at Dens. Wednesday morning, I'm expecting a statement from the board re Foran future. 

Presumably it can be written now and they can just press the "send" button when the full time whistle goes.

7 minutes ago, ICT94Scott said:

Relegation will be confirmed on Tuesday at Dens. 

Game is actually on Wednesday!

But we could still get relegated on Tuesday without kicking a ball if Hamilton beat County.

Edited by Yngwie

No more messing around with untested nobody's like sick note foran for the championship don't want to rot away down there for to long bring in Hartley or try for peter Houston or even butcher again bet most fans would take back the shinnies or Rooney so why not big tez! Foran out see ya on the bin lorries Richie maybe ya can manage that full sick pay to ya sponger

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 15