FORAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaleyMax

IF/When Richie leaves the club, I genuinely don't know who we could realistically replace him with? I can't think we would pay compensation for Jack Ross of St Mirren. We could do no wrong in getting Paul Hartley if he fancied it! 

3 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

IF/When Richie leaves the club, I genuinely don't know who we could realistically replace him with? I can't think we would pay compensation for Jack Ross of St Mirren. We could do no wrong in getting Paul Hartley if he fancied it! 

Machiiiiiiiiine!

May get completely shot down for this but here goes ... in any walk of life one learns most when one is given a baptism of fire  ... RF mentioned learning much more from this than a comfortable top six experience ... certainly a costly, painful on-the-job manager training for the fans/club to experience but ... could he be a much better manager next season for this and should he maybe be given the opportunity to start the season?

The results have ended better, he loves the club, is tenacious and we have no £ for attracting a sexy alternative.

Release the dogs ...

:wink:

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

That's what i call wishful thinking. There is no evidence he has learnt much at all, given he had a whole season, and his attitude to the players seems vindictive and undermining. Would you really trust him to build a new squad and attract some  quality players? If he stays he'll be gone by November as we look the unthinkable in the eye. And we will have wasted time and even more money, and be stuck with a mismatched, demoralised squad.

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, cif73 said:

May get completely shot down for this but here goes ... in any walk of life one learns most when one is given a baptism of fire  ... RF mentioned learning much more from this than a comfortable top six experience ... certainly a costly, painful on-the-job manager training for the fans/club to experience but ... could he be a much better manager next season for this and should he maybe be given the opportunity to start the season?

The results have ended better, he loves the club, is tenacious and we have no £ for attracting a sexy alternative.

Release the dogs ...

No way, not for me. Him and the Board are the reason we're in this mess!  He's learnt nothing, his post match interviews are excruciating, and his team selections are just random (even yesterday we started with Fisher playing left wing!). 

It's no coincidence that results have improved in recent weeks only since the introduction of Malpas.

It's a shame as he was a great player for us but, please, he must go!

• Agree 3

46 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Release the dogs ...

I find your post incredibly insensitive & tasteless! You obviously find that getting our club being relegated and the consequences for e.g. loss of jobs and revenue entertaining in some way. Richie and his ego is all that seems to matter to him. He was  offered plenty of advice from inside the club from the beginning, but being the BIG man he refused and wanted to do it his way. 

You seem to disagree with ICT Legend Barry Wilson who said "You do not reward failure"

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

47 minutes ago, CaleyMax said:

I find your post incredibly insensitive & tasteless! You obviously find that getting our club being relegated and the consequences for e.g. loss of jobs and revenue entertaining in some way. Richie and his ego is all that seems to matter to him. He was  offered plenty of advice from inside the club from the beginning, but being the BIG man he refused and wanted to do it his way. 

You seem to disagree with ICT Legend Barry Wilson who said "You do not reward failure"

You think i find our situation entertaining? How dare you! ... I care deeply about the club ... one of the few to brave the trip to Dens despite a busy work schedule ... and followed ardently since its entry into the Scottish League ... bemused by your claim alleging insensitivity on my part given your ridiculous personal attack on me here  (shocking!!) and the widespread insensivity to a club legend on here who has certainly disappointed yes but is effectively a fan himself ... sounds like he had issues behind the scenes to deal with which we probably shouldn't automatically rule out as having no grounds in fact.

I appreciate only too well the spectre of job losses and it pains me but I also understand what the accounts say ... that we don't as a club live comfortably from year to year ... anything but! There is no big rock candy mountain from cup runs or player sales so our manager alternatives are sadly very limited.

Edited by cif73
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I get where you are coming from cif. 

In football we have seen many brilliant managers who started on a very rocky road and have learnt from their mistakes and gone on to be a success .  Some have often come within a game of dismissal, such as Fergie!

However, I don't think that Ritchie has what it takes to become a manager and as for his bad apples comment you can help yourself to the following list which I think applies to that remark:- Staggering; stupid; hurtful; harmful; unwise; unhelpful; puzzling (very) & naive. And the list could go on......

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I get where you are coming from cif. 

In football we have seen many brilliant managers who started on a very rocky road and have learnt from their mistakes and gone on to be a success .  Some have often come within a game of dismissal, such as Fergie!

However, I don't think that Ritchie has what it takes to become a manager and as for his bad apples comment you can help yourself to the following list which I think applies to that remark:- Staggering; stupid; hurtful; harmful; unwise; unhelpful; puzzling (very) & naive. And the list could go on......

Alright, fair enough. Yes Foran certainly isn't Fergie. A fair point though... before Aberdeen, Fergus was sacked by St Mirren. After Aberdeen, he was famously a game away from the sack before beating Nott Forest on way to 1990 FA Cup. After that, the rest is history.

Regarding player criticism in the media, it maybe shouldn't happen but yesterday emotions probably running high. Foran is by no means the first. Since you mention Fergie, he slaughtered the Aberdeen team saying he was ashamed of their performance in the post-match interview after 1983 Scottish Cup Final extra-time 1-0 victory over Rangers. I'd say the players had a right to be tired ... just days earlier they had beaten Real Madrid after extra time to win a European trophy. This is probably for another thread ... sorry. 

25 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Alright, fair enough. Yes Foran certainly isn't Fergie. A fair point though... before Aberdeen, Fergus was sacked by St Mirren. After Aberdeen, he was famously a game away from the sack before beating Nott Forest on way to 1990 FA Cup. After that, the rest is history.

Regarding player criticism in the media, it maybe shouldn't happen but yesterday emotions probably running high. Foran is by no means the first. Since you mention Fergie, he slaughtered the Aberdeen team saying he was ashamed of their performance in the post-match interview after 1983 Scottish Cup Final extra-time 1-0 victory over Rangers. I'd say the players had a right to be tired ... just days earlier they had beaten Real Madrid after extra time to win a European trophy. This is probably for another thread ... sorry. 

Sorry cif I think I know what you are driving at but I cannot get onboard with it regarding RF.

Unless ur Zinedine Zidane and walk straight in at R Madrid, anyone's 1st year in management is going to be tough. 

I have not not seen a single positive to draw from this season that would give me any hope of making a swift return next year. Every aspect of his management re tactics/formations/line ups stated in previous post would give me major cause for concern if he is sat on our bench come the first day of next season. 

• Agree 2

If Foran loved this club as much as he says  he would have resigned months ago. His quote that he fully intends to be here next season is astonishing! Obviously needs the huge salary to maintain his lifestyle so fek his beloved club. Do the honourable thing and resign now and limit the damage to your reputation.

Same goes for the directors.

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 2

Fergie was sacked by Saint Mirren as he had serruptitiously agreed a contract with Aberdeen.

Slating your players after you've won a European trophy is the Master of Psychology telling his players that you are only as good as your last game. It's quite different to saying that we're relegated because of players who, presumably, were not even playing!

8 hours ago, ICTRoughi said:

Absolutely not. Hartley is not a good manager and fail to see why some people rate him so highly.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, cif73 said:

You think i find our situation entertaining? How dare you! ... I care deeply about the club ... one of the few to brave the trip to Dens despite a busy work schedule ... and followed ardently since its entry into the Scottish League ... bemused by your claim alleging insensitivity on my part given your ridiculous personal attack on me here  (shocking!!) and the widespread insensivity to a club legend on here who has certainly disappointed yes but is effectively a fan himself ... sounds like he had issues behind the scenes to deal with which we probably shouldn't automatically rule out as having no grounds in fact.

I appreciate only too well the spectre of job losses and it pains me but I also understand what the accounts say ... that we don't as a club live comfortably from year to year ... anything but! There is no big rock candy mountain from cup runs or player sales so our manager alternatives are sadly very limited.

You write "I care deeply about the club (as most ICT fans do, your point).....one of the few (Me too, oh and 140 other ICT fans) to brave a trip to Dens (it's Dundee not the Gaza strip) despite a busy work schedule (what like most people).

Then later "your ridiculous personal attack on  me here shocking!!" Behave yourself it was not a personal attack, I said your post was insensitive & tasteless, I did not say YOU were insensitive or tasteless!. But calling me ridiculous is personal but don't worry I won't be calling the lawyers just yet!!!

And imagine having an opinion and expressing it on a forum, what was I thinking!. To have the audacity to criticize a club legend (Foran) am I bad or what.             Please  please please take off your rose tinted spectacles and live in the present!

Michael Stuart on Sportscene tonight summed up Foran pretty well tonight. If you missed it it's worth a look. Michael Stewart says it how it is!         

Edited by CaleyMax
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

36 minutes ago, CaleyMax said:

You write "I care deeply about the club (as most ICT fans do, your point).....one of the few (Me too, oh and 140 other ICT fans) to brave a trip to Dens (it's Dundee not the Gaza strip) despite a busy work schedule (what like most people).

Then later "your ridiculous personal attack on  me here shocking!!" Behave yourself it was not a personal attack, I said your post was insensitive & tasteless, I did not say YOU were insensitive or tasteless!. But calling me ridiculous is personal but don't worry I won't be calling the lawyers just yet!!!

And imagine having an opinion and expressing it on a forum, what was I thinking!. To have the audacity to criticize a club legend (Foran) am I bad or what.             Please  please please take off your rose tinted spectacles and live in the present!

Michael Stuart on Sportscene tonight summed up Foran pretty well tonight. If you missed it it's worth a look. Michael Stewart says it how it is!         

Read your initial reply to my post. You suggested that I must find relegation and financial loss "entertaining" ... hence my response indicating that I actually care for the club. I was not forming opinions of others, I was defending myself.

Would you like the "entertaining" comment said of yourself purely for expressing a different opinion? Would you consider it personal? 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

50 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Absolutely not. Hartley is not a good manager and fail to see why some people rate him so highly.

Probably due to successive promotions with Alloa at the expense of bigger clubs whilst on a shoestring budget that mean rebuilding the whole team, then getting Dundee promoted the next year, followed by a top six finish the following year.

That's pretty good to me.

Who's your choice that can beat that?

• Agree 1

I supported 'the golden one' Richie Foran for as long as I could stand this rotten season always with hope and a cheery smile in the belief that he could turn it around. The 3-0 nil slapping by Hamilton was the last straw, that was it for me, now I just want to murder puppies and burn churches.

9 hours ago, ICTRoughi said:

I'm going for a left field appointment and guess it won't be any of the usual suspects that are being bandied about just now.

On 13/05/2017 at 7:12 PM, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Whilst many of us would have wanted Foran to leave weeks or even months ago, I think your last few words about Foran are totally uncalled for and not worthy of a member of this forum.  Also, is it just me or do any others feel that writing a rant like that with no correct punctuation is at best laziness, or at worst , an indication of illiteracy?

I couldn't care what you think pal I'm sick and tired of people like yourself forans a bully and a sponger get him of the payroll now! And I'll tell ya what pal slag me of in person instead of over a forum see what a hard Man you are

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 8

16 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I supported 'the golden one' Richie Foran for as long as I could stand this rotten season always with hope and a cheery smile in the belief that he could turn it around. The 3-0 nil slapping by Hamilton was the last straw, that was it for me, now I just want to murder puppies and burn churches.

I'm going for a left field appointment and guess it won't be any of the usual suspects that are being bandied about just now.

If it's the same board at the helm, we can speculate all we want - Richie will be the manager next season.

9 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

I couldn't care what you think pal I'm sick and tired of people like yourself forans a bully and a sponger get him of the payroll now! And I'll tell ya what pal slag me of in person instead of over a forum see what a hard Man you are

Eh Alan, maybe you need to lay off the roids! You're calling out someone for a fight? Really? Get a f****n grip! 

Edited by TheMantis
Profanity...
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Maybe put a shirt on first eh!

• Agree 6