FORAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaleyMax

2 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Malpas will be staying..

Plan B

Get Malpas in with a few games to go see so he can see what he has to work with next season after they get rid of Richie.

I for one don't want to see Malpas in charge off the club that would be too much of a step back. We need to look forward and get a fresh manager in who has played/managed at different levels (e.g Paul Hartley).

• Agree 1

Foran has to go and we must appoint a manager with proven experience who will be able put together a squad capable and ready from the first game to make a concerted challenge for the league.  Ritchie was a hero of mine as a player but he should never have been appointed as manager and I don't have any confidence that things would improve next season under his control. 

• Agree 3

In keeping with the ICT tradition of doing something a bit radical, I'm really warming to the Darren Dods idea. He has successfully steered Brechin through League 1 and will be managing at our level next season anyway.

I watched most of the game on Alba yesterday and they actually play football, something most of us struggle to remember  :laugh:

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, ictfcsince94 said:

If it's the same board at the helm, we can speculate all we want - Richie will be the manager next season.

Oh we can speculate all we want and we can also not buy season tickets nor spend our hard earned at the gate either if we the supporters are not taken seriously by the board. Supporters just won't go to games next season if there is no change, has to be seen to be some movement forward.

• Agree 1

Anyone else remember reading this...

Richie Foran commented: “This is a great opportunity and one I am going to relish. My intention will be to preserve continuity at the club while bringing a new freshness and playing style.”

“Joining Caley Thistle seven years ago has proved a marvellous decision. Thanks to coming to the Highlands I now have a lovely wife, two lovely children and have had the most enjoyable part of my playing career.”

“But I will now give up playing to fully focus on making a success of my new job. I want to push to bring further success to Caley Thistle, a special club in a special community.”

Richie added: “I want to play exciting, attacking football which entertains the supporters.”

“I’ve identified areas in our play that I think I can improve, and I’ve identified what kind of players we need to bring in to improve our team.”

“My target is to further strengthen the unity between supporters, directors, management and players – when we signal that we’re all on the same wavelength, that makes a huge difference.”

“I’ve been fortunate, as club captain, to have an excellent relationship with the fans and I hope  we can all move on with a scenario where everyone is focused on helping the team go forward.”

He added: “I would like to most sincerely thank the chairman and his fellow directors, for showing such faith in giving me this opportunity.”

“My aim going forward is to justify their choice and give the supporters something to cheer about.”

Richie concluded: “There will be no wild predictions from me, I’ll now be getting on with the job quietly.  I’m working on recruitment so that we’re ready to work hard when the squad returns for pre-season training.”

Can't even be bothered to pick through it all but...:crazy:

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

I couldn't care what you think pal I'm sick and tired of people like yourself forans a bully and a sponger get him of the payroll now! And I'll tell ya what pal slag me of in person instead of over a forum see what a hard Man you are

, . F ' . , f . S m . There you go. I've even put all eleven of them in the correct order for you. All you need to do is to put them in the correct places and then head off to your anger management class!

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

Oh we can speculate all we want and we can also not buy season tickets nor spend our hard earned at the gate either if we the supporters are not taken seriously by the board. Supporters just won't go to games next season if there is no change, has to be seen to be some movement forward.

Watch snafu I was slated for this a while ago.

• Disagree 2

6 hours ago, TheMantis said:

In keeping with the ICT tradition of doing something a bit radical, I'm really warming to the Darren Dods idea. He has successfully steered Brechin through League 1 and will be managing at our level next season anyway.

I watched most of the game on Alba yesterday and they actually play football, something most of us struggle to remember  :laugh:

I agree with Mantis. Darren Dods now has managerial experience, his team has been successful on limited resources and, by all accounts, play entertaining and exciting football. He knows the club, he knows the area, he would be affordable.

Surely a better relatively low cost option than sticking with the failed low cost option already in place.

Dods wouldn't be a bad pick from finishing in 4 th place and getting promoted on penalties but I think Paul Hartley did well with Alloa at the same stage of his career and still didn't get the job. 

Our current manager got 3 wins from the last 5 and looks like we would have stayed up if we just had a few more games to play, if the biggest clubs will be Falkirk, ICT and Hamilton? then winning the league is possible and if not then there's another chance via the playoffs.

There will be a cost element to keeping Richie and one  of getting rid of him. The Board have a difficult decision to make. As Directors, they are obliged to operate a going concern. A key part of that decision making will be checking which regular first teamers would want to leave if Richie stayed. If players like Laing and Fisher want to stay on and fight for Richie that would suggest the Board and Richie mihght be able to turn things around. Kenny for all his efforts might need to move on if the Board has a new leader. The Board now come into their own to re-build.

19 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

There will be a cost element to keeping Richie and one  of getting rid of him. The Board have a difficult decision to make. As Directors, they are obliged to operate a going concern. A key part of that decision making will be checking which regular first teamers would want to leave if Richie stayed. If players like Laing and Fisher want to stay on and fight for Richie that would suggest the Board and Richie mihght be able to turn things around. Kenny for all his efforts might need to move on if the Board has a new leader. The Board now come into their own to re-build.

Tbh I don't think you'll find many players wanting to stay if Foran continues and they have the option to find another club..this could be a very difficult summer if we have a new manager. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Tbh I don't think you'll find many players wanting to stay if Foran continues and they have the option to find another club..this could be a very difficult summer if we have a new manager. 

Could be an even more difficult Summer and season ahead if we stick with the one we've got.

• Agree 1

Well, if you were a board member doing your job you would, if you haven't already (which would be the forward looking strategy), be making discreet enquiries with players and coaching staff to gauge what, if any, support there is for Foran. If the consensus is negative, and would entail losing players who might stay otherwise, then you have to report that to the board and take a decision with that in mind. If the consensus is overwhelming, then Foran's position is untenable. Of course it is also your responsibility to ensure financial stability so you have to balance that with the costs of letting him go. However, if the long term goal of getting back to the SPL is achieved more quickly without him then the short term loss is balanced by the gain of getting back up. Nobody can guarantee that, of course, but you have to look at the balance of probabilities. You might also consider that if a manager like Hughes was sacked for his disruptive attitude, then the same principle might apply here, given that car crash interview.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, caleyboy said:

If a high proportion of players likely to be offered contracts, indicated to the Board their support for Richie, then the position he is in, could be recovered. However, that is one of the catch 22 problems the Board have. I suspect most of the players have been pretty loyal to Richie despite the relegation. He seems to think he still has the support of the majority. However, this is about trust and players who want to stay may not feel too comfortable speaking direct to Directors. We can but hope that they take their time and reach the best conclusion. That said, players have bills to pay and they will not want to wait too long for a positive outcome. Very few of us would have stomached the insecurity of being a professional footballer.

6 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

If a high proportion of players likely to be offered contracts, indicated to the Board their support for Richie, then the position he is in, could be recovered. However, that is one of the catch 22 problems the Board have. I suspect most of the players have been pretty loyal to Richie despite the relegation. He seems to think he still has the support of the majority. However, this is about trust and players who want to stay may not feel too comfortable speaking direct to Directors. We can but hope that they take their time and reach the best conclusion. That said, players have bills to pay and they will not want to wait too long for a positive outcome. Very few of us would have stomached the insecurity of being a professional footballer.

Actually, I suspect a great number of us would have loved the ability to be privileged to play football for a living, job security or not. They are very fortunate young men.

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

I see Davie Moyes, the Richie Foran of the English Premier, has walked. Amazing he lasted as long as he did as well. Maybe Richie can be his assistant in his next club job, in Yemen or wherever.

Or maybe he should take note and do exactly the same. I also read that he has not asked for any compo. Respect.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

Or maybe he should take note and do exactly the same. I also read that he has not asked for any compo. Respect.

Aye but I bet Moyes had compo from his six year man u deal to fall back on. Much like RF will have from his ICT 4 year deal after his next sacking :sad:

The concern from me is that unless us fans are fully bought into what the club propose to do next year, attendances will suffer as a result. We need to be excited and positive about starting next season and under the current set up i and others certainly are not. 

If Richie had been intending to resign, I suspect he would have done it by now.  I remember at the time of his appointment, many posters questioned the wisdom of granting a 4 year contract to a rookie manager.  That I suspect is the problem the Board (or what is left of it) now has to surmount. Buying out his contract or agreeing an alternative compensation package is going to be costly.  Money we don't have I suspect.

5 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

If Richie had been intending to resign, I suspect he would have done it by now.  I remember at the time of his appointment, many posters questioned the wisdom of granting a 4 year contract to a rookie manager.  That I suspect is the problem the Board (or what is left of it) now has to surmount. Buying out his contract or agreeing an alternative compensation package is going to be costly.  Money we don't have I suspect.

If there is a good probability that the Board is considering terminating Richie's appointment, one would expect a formal written legal analysis of the implications. 

21 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

If there is a good probability that the Board is considering terminating Richie's appointment, one would expect a formal written legal analysis of the implications. 

Those implications ought to have been considered at the time the contract was negotiated and signed or, if for any reason it wasn't, surely must have been explored fully in January. The time has come to take action.