FORAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaleyMax

It always interests me how football seems to operate in some parallel universe to the rest of us. In this case, assuming the above hearsay has some substance, surely there are grounds for dismissal thorugh disciplinary procedures? Bullying, harrassment, bringing the cub into disrepute are three possible options. Ask the question whether a manager in your line of work would get away with similar behaviour.

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, PerfICT said:

It always interests me how football seems to operate in some parallel universe to the rest of us. In this case, assuming the above hearsay has some substance, surely there are grounds for dismissal thorugh disciplinary procedures? Bullying, harrassment, bringing the cub into disrepute are three possible options. Ask the question whether a manager in your line of work would get away with similar behaviour.

Football is one of the only professions where you can end up with a promotion after failing at your job! 

Now that we have a new chairman are things going to change? ,I don't think so. Finlayson has been a director for a number of years, and could have challenged the way we were going, but as far as I know has not done so. In fact I have not heard of him until now. What we need is a fresh face businessman, maybe with a few quid to spare to re invent our club. Sometimes I wish we had stayed in the Highland League, and we could have still won the Scottish Cup.

9 minutes ago, finmack said:

Now that we have a new chairman are things going to change? ,I don't think so. Finlayson has been a director for a number of years, and could have challenged the way we were going, but as far as I know has not done so. In fact I have not heard of him until now. What we need is a fresh face businessman, maybe with a few quid to spare to re invent our club. Sometimes I wish we had stayed in the Highland League, and we could have still won the Scottish Cup.

To keep the fans onside I think his first job is to convince the manager he should go.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, finmack said:

We were never in the Highland League.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, finmack said:

Seriously???. I don't know if the new Chairman will be good or bad but want to hear more from him before judging him. Too many posters seem to think this is the beginning of the end of ICT which it most certainly is not. Agree however that the managerial position must be sorted out asap.

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, finmack said:

Question to you. Do you want Foran to Stay?

Foran has proved to be a disappointment as a manager, his public pronouncements are ill judged to say the least and he is showing no signs of recognising his short comings or addressing them. I think the core of the squad we are likely to retain are good enough to challenge for promotion back to the Premiership but I don't think that Foran has what it takes to lead us there.

On that basis, I am reluctantly of the view that Foran should go. However, whether he is retained or let go, that decision has to be made in the next few days. The current uncertainty cannot drag on any longer. If he is to be retained for next season then the board should say so definitively. If not, he needs to be gone by Friday so that a new manager can start preparing for the coming season as soon as possible.

Went to school with him and played golf regularly with him at Torvean (nice swing) until I was about 16 or 17   A nice guy back then a huge moody blues fan hopefully he will steady the ship and lead us back up again. His brother is a nice guy as well 

7 minutes ago, jagster said:

Went to school with him and played golf regularly with him at Torvean (nice swing) until I was about 16 or 17   A nice guy back then a huge moody blues fan hopefully he will steady the ship and lead us back up again. His brother is a nice guy as well 

Oh no he will be out on the golf course with Foran :doh:

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, jagster said:

In that case, we should be on the threshold of yet another dream :smile:

"Richie Foran will remain in charge at Inverness Caley Thistle, despite several board members being keen on a change of manager following relegation " (Daily Express, print edition)

Not the footy gossip I was looking for on BBC website. Hoping that it's the express getting it wrong.

10 minutes ago, rebelwithoutaclue said:

"Richie Foran will remain in charge at Inverness Caley Thistle, despite several board members being keen on a change of manager following relegation " (Daily Express, print edition)

Not the footy gossip I was looking for on BBC website. Hoping that it's the express getting it wrong.

I'm also hoping  it's the Express making a mistake. Did a double take at checking the calendar to make sure it wasn't April the 1st!

Yes, the silence since the new chairman's appointment is as 'loud' as before.  Very disappointing.  I feel that the longer it continues, the more likely that Foran will stay.  Surely the time for action by the new man at the top was within a day or two of his appointment.  As others have said, Foran continuing may affect ST sales, and I'm sure the recruitment of new players.  Can't for the life of me figure out why Richie has not been booted.  Must be down to the potential compensation package which his ridiculous 4 year contract attracts.

• Agree 4

Four year contract was an og in my view. As much as RF is (was) a good player and nice bloke he is not, at this stage in his managerial career, any feckin good. I fail to see how he could attract talent or motivate players to join ICT. I fear we will be relying on the very basics of local talent - fine if you're in L2 or HL - but not good enough if we want to bounce straight back up in to the PL. To keep RF on smacks at a lack of ambition and desire to me. We're going to be in the Championship (or lower) for a good while I reckon. Hope to goodness I'm wrong but I see no signs of me changing my mind just yet. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, rebelwithoutaclue said:

If  true, that's very worrying on at least two counts; 1 - sticking with RF, and 2 - we have a divided Board! 

Ok we keep richie and punt rice. 

This is the same guy  that was part of the team that got lang. Mcart. Mcnaughton mackay mackay king mulreany to come in. 

The teams recruitment has not been terrible. The coaching ,application of tactics and inflexibility to listen to advice has been major issue.

Of more concern is his overbearing ego poor man management and isolation and blame of players. Fisher, ofw,esson,warren comes to mind. 

Maybe malpas can influence this poor management behaviours and coach richie to improve. 

I am amazed if he stays though. Any other job his lack of responsibility  and bullying of fisher etc would have got him sacked. 

• Agree 2