FORAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaleyMax

If Foran stays, it shows no ambition by the board, and the club will be run by a bunch of numpties. The silence from the board shows nothing but contempt for the supporters.

Edited by finmack
supporters instead of support

27 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

Ok we keep richie and punt rice. 

This is the same guy  that was part of the team that got lang. Mcart. Mcnaughton mackay mackay king mulreany to come in. 

The teams recruitment has not been terrible. The coaching ,application of tactics and inflexibility to listen to advice has been major issue.

Of more concern is his overbearing ego poor man management and isolation and blame of players. Fisher, ofw,esson,warren comes to mind. 

Maybe malpas can influence this poor management behaviours and coach richie to improve. 

I am amazed if he stays though. Any other job his lack of responsibility  and bullying of fisher etc would have got him sacked. 

I'm not normally a 'sack the manager at 1st sign of trouble' sort of person, but given RF's issues,as another poster summarised very well (tactics, mam management,etc), think he should go. However, think the board may be going with the quoted solution....

I will renew my season ticket, as I'll follow ICT wherever we end up, but it hardly inspires confidence! Would even rather have MM as manager & RF as assistant (not ideal at all)! Could he improve? Big ask, asking us to have faith in a manager who is largely responsible for the mess we are in..

Heres a question...has RF done all his coaching badges? Just asking, as maybe he could learn something, if he hasn't...

Also, he needs to stay away from a microphone..

15 minutes ago, finmack said:

If Foran stays, it shows no ambition by the board, and the club will be run by a bunch of numpties. The silence from the board shows nothing but contempt for the supporters.

As much as I want to disagree with this, I can't!!

I'm hoping that the continuing silence from the board re our managerial situation is purely because the board is in a state of flux...if there is some fresh investment from the Muirfield Mills lot, we need to spend it on a new manager....

Or there may be negotiations with individuals taking place that cannot result in a public statement of any kind until fully resolved.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Robert said:

Or there may be negotiations with individuals taking place that cannot result in a public statement of any kind until fully resolved.

Very likely scenario, as if RF is walking, who could blame him for seeking a decent severance - he does have a family to support/mortgage,etc. Maybe BR walking as well...?

3 hours ago, Robert said:

I agree as the new Chairman, Board members etc have only been in place for a few days. Whilst time is of the essence we also don't want rushed, knee jerk reactions either. Patience is required, albeit the clock is ticking and I am sure 'progress' is being sought and made to rid us of our imcompetent and arrogant 'Manager' and keep/retain certain players. Also, assessing and ensuring as many office jobs, community coaches etc are kept in employment. :ictscarf:

Edited by Guest

You would think after a whole week of meetings the board & new chairman could have released a statement about Richie's future. The only positive I had after being relegated was that common sense would prevail and Foran would be replaced asap. Yet nothing so far!

Reading most of the posts on here suggests that there are more reasons why it is time for Foran to go, the only sticking point is his contract/compensation package.

If Foran stay's I can't see any positives. After watching every game this season it became apparent early on for everyone to see that the appointment was a catastrophic blunder!

Don't think I can watch another season if he remains manager. And it pains me to say I will probably not be renewing my season ticket. 

I believe both the players & ICT fans deserve better!

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

It is obviously out of our hands what the board eventually decide to do about Richie, however surely we should be letting the board know that many of the fans do not want him to stay on as manager? Fans chanting "Sack the board" should have been "Sack Richie! Fans pay their hard-earned cash to attend games, sponsor players, buy merchandise, sit on committees in their own time, etc. so surely we have the right to influence the board due to the frustration and disappointment that Richie has not been up to the job. He clearly does not have the skills at the present time to be in a management position, looking at an article written by sport psychologist Martin Perry and "the perfect manager" it is clear that Richie does not possess the top ten key skills -

• Innovation
  • Vision
  • Leadership
  • Communication
  • Principle
  • Organisation
  • Respect
  • Strategy
  • Storytelling.

Unsure as to how we let the board know but any suggestions........?

• Agree 1

The board already know the fans feelings regarding Foran, they do look at this forum, so anything that is said on here is read by most board members.

The other thing fans can do is contact the club direct by e-mail to air their views regarding this awful situation we find ourselves in.

19 minutes ago, christib said:

Unsure as to how we let the board know but any suggestions........?

The supporters group have been good at sorting this in the past, maybe they could organise something?

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Shorty said:

The supporters group have been good at sorting this in the past, maybe they could organise something?

I messaged the club on behalf of the Caley Jags Together to try and make contact with our new chairman, I'm awaiting a reply.  I know they had IT issues on Friday so hoping to get a response tomorrow.

1 hour ago, highlandexile said:

I messaged the club on behalf of the Caley Jags Together to try and make contact with our new chairman, I'm awaiting a reply.  I know they had IT issues on Friday so hoping to get a response tomorrow.

How many members does that represent?

2 hours ago, Shorty said:

How many members does that represent?

Over 700 members of the supporters trust and over 1,300 followers on facebook.

But I would definitely say that individuals should also contact the club direct, the more the better to get the true feelings of the fans over to the board.

• Agree 2

Well the longer the board remain silent the more likely that Foran will remain in post. I do believe he requires a strong and experienced number two if we have any chance of bouncing straight back. Daniel had Mr Miyagi , Luke Skywalker had Yoda but who will guide Foran and  ICT, back to the Premier League ???? 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, CaleyMax said:

You would think after a whole week of meetings the board & new chairman could have released a statement about Richie's future. The only positive I had after being relegated was that common sense would prevail and Foran would be replaced asap. Yet nothing so far!

Reading most of the posts on here suggests that there are more reasons why it is time for Foran to go, the only sticking point is his contract/compensation package.

If Foran stay's I can't see any positives. After watching every game this season it became apparent early on for everyone to see that the appointment was a catastrophic blunder!

Don't think I can watch another season if he remains manager. And it pains me to say I will probably not be renewing my season ticket. 

I believe both the players & ICT fans deserve better!

I wouldn't disagree with this at all, although I'll still be a mug & renew my season ticket - even if we appointed the 7 year old lad who applied for the job last year...

As said previously, there is so much negativity surrounding RF just now, think his position is now untenable (as if it wasn't anyway, after 'bad apple-gate').

12 hours ago, Caley1885 said:

Well the longer the board remain silent the more likely that Foran will remain in post. I do believe he requires a strong and experienced number two if we have any chance of bouncing straight back. Daniel had Mr Miyagi , Luke Skywalker had Yoda but who will guide Foran and  ICT, back to the Premier League ???? 

I wonder if the board have decided they can't afford to fund a Premiership side and have decided to bubble along the bottom of the Championship for a couple of years to pay off debts....not sure if that's a model that really works, and given the outlay we have on transfers and wages as it is, I wonder what funding a Championship side looks like! What are the likely differences in attendances going to be, sure Celtic and Ranger draw a decent crowd, but even the Ross County matches saw attendances dropping off

4 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

I wonder if the board have decided they can't afford to fund a Premiership side and have decided to bubble along the bottom of the Championship for a couple of years to pay off debts....not sure if that's a model that really works, and given the outlay we have on transfers and wages as it is, I wonder what funding a Championship side looks like! What are the likely differences in attendances going to be, sure Celtic and Ranger draw a decent crowd, but even the Ross County matches saw attendances dropping off

Hope this isn't the case as sure the premiership offers more of a financial benefit (TV cash, for starters) & I wouldn't think the fans would stand for such a lack of ambition!

From Bucharest to Brechin in 2 years indeed....

1 hour ago, Eagle4Caley said:

From what we are told we are supposed to be debt free

30 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

From what we are told we are supposed to be debt free

Yeah,that's my understanding as well - there's a statement from Richard Smith (former director) on another thread in which he says (words to the effect of) we shouldn't worry about the club finances & that the gifting of the north & south stands from Tulloch is worth about £250k per annum to the club. I'm just saying this off the top of my head, would need to read it again to confirm this.