CaleyMax

FORAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

320 posts in this topic

M. Ward - sounds like a hospital !! - Welcome but your picky suggests that you look as old as me !! No chance that we will ever go into liquidation. Fraid that there could be a surprise revelation that should have been communicated a lot earlier. Undoubtedly when we go down. Most people will welcome it - lets just say that we may well be going up next year. May keep this post as a future signature

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richie Foran might have failed as first team manager, but to call him a fraud or a wage thief is harsh beyond belief. If the man is guilty of anything, it's accepting whatever contracts the club has offered him over the years (as a player, then manager). He can't be faulted for that. Your first loyalty is to your family - not your football club. If resigning means a financial sacrifice on his part, he'd be crazy to do so, and I don't blame him for holding on as long as possible. Ultimately he's just an employee doing a job to the best of his ability. If a new first team coach is required, it's up to his bosses to act - either cancel his contract and pay him every penny he's due, or negotiate and re-deploy him to a diminished but secure long term role (rather like Charlie Christie getting his Centenary Club job back). I thought the board was supposed to be full of business brains? If RIchie cannot be sacked for financial reasons, surely between them they can offer him a decent job worth 'walking away' for?  

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is my view that the present situation has gone way beyond the sacking of our manager and has now become quite incredulous with the silence defeaning. The must be something going on or we would have heard something by now which sounds paradoxical but possibly true. 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

Richie Foran might have failed as first team manager, but to call him a fraud or a wage thief is harsh

Is it though? He like several players in our squad have picked up very generous salaries - if you consider Foran injured for 2 years and now failed managered, Doran out for 2 years and MacNaughton practically injured all year - now while some will say that nobody chooses to get injured  - what have they done in the background. What did Foran do for his 2 years, he may have done some coaching badges but as the man earmarked to take over from Hughes where was his involvement in the coaching during this time, I accept Hughes left soon than expected by Foran should have been better prepared by this time and had more experience. For certain individuals we get poor levels of return IMO. 

Like the Foran situation the fault with all this lies with the board making poor choices and offering contracts either through desperation or sentiment.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Is it though? He like several players in our squad have picked up very generous salaries - if you consider Foran injured for 2 years and now failed managered, Doran out for 2 years and MacNaughton practically injured all year - now while some will say that nobody chooses to get injured  - what have they done in the background. What did Foran do for his 2 years, he may have done some coaching badges but as the man earmarked to take over from Hughes where was his involvement in the coaching during this time, I accept Hughes left soon than expected by Foran should have been better prepared by this time and had more experience. For certain individuals we get poor levels of return IMO. 

Like the Foran situation the fault with all this lies with the board making poor choices and offering contracts either through desperation or sentiment.

Tbf both Foran and Mcnaughton have been seen helping with the dev league players when injured. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Tbf both Foran and Mcnaughton have been seen helping with the dev league players when injured. 

Considering how bad we are in the Development league over the last few seasons they aren't bringing anything better to the party than the stagnant coaching team we already have. While we are all focused just now on the first team plight, the performances of the development team are shockingly bad (infact worse) we find ourselves lagging far behind Championship teams who should have lower budgets than us for youth & development teams, yet we cant get it right. This is emphasised by the fact our first team performers can be complacent and knowingly under-perform as  we have no depth at our club. Yet another embarrassment which will come back next season to haunt us when we haven't got enough quality at the club to get promoted. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard Richie on the radio. He clearly has no intention of resigning. Shame, because I really admired him as a player and I thought he had the interests of the club at heart, but he's decided to lead us into the abyss. Will somebody somewhere take the decision out of his hands and then also accept responsibility for this horror show?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a post that is. 

*stands up and starts to clap*

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

No chance that we will ever go into liquidation. 

Wonder if Rangers fans ever thought this back in the day. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That about sums it up. Sadly. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can close CTO down now Scotty. ICTChris has nailed it. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone heard anything about RF being on rolling 12 months that can continue for 4 years and that the feeling is to see how he gets on until Christmas/New Year in Championship? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Considering how bad we are in the Development league over the last few seasons they aren't bringing anything better to the party than the stagnant coaching team we already have. While we are all focused just now on the first team plight, the performances of the development team are shockingly bad (infact worse) we find ourselves lagging far behind Championship teams who should have lower budgets than us for youth & development teams, yet we cant get it right. This is emphasised by the fact our first team performers can be complacent and knowingly under-perform as  we have no depth at our club. Yet another embarrassment which will come back next season to haunt us when we haven't got enough quality at the club to get promoted. 

But thats totally different to practically accusing them as being wage thieves when injured. What other duties did you want to see them doing out of interest? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cif73 said:

Anyone heard anything about RF being on rolling 12 months that can continue for 4 years and that the feeling is to see how he gets on until Christmas/New Year in Championship? 

Which frigging Christmas/New Year are we talking about?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Was in a city centre establishment today and saw a couple of the players. 

Overheard one of them say it was Esson to blame for first goal. Not so sure it was entirely his fault. I think the on loan future 'Celtic ball boy' McCart was equally to blame myself.

Staff member later told me that none of the players frequenting that establishment like 'Foran the Failure'. 

My thoughts were 'no **** Sherlock'!!  I told the staff member it aint only the players that don't like him now. 

Edited by Caman
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, old caley girl said:

But thats totally different to practically accusing them as being wage thieves when injured. What other duties did you want to see them doing out of interest? 

You seem to accept that sitting around taking a wage and not actually contributing back is acceptable? In the case of Foran, where was he on match days when injured - not in the technical area with JH learning from him, either up in hospitality or absent. Its fine to say 'involved' with the development squad, but how much they aren't taking on prominent roles, are they working with the youth teams - the messages from CC suggest not - what about community development & involvement, commercial activities or working with their SFA qualifications. Fact is at a small club we should expect our senior players to give more when injured especially those who must be considered top earners as they must realise that by not giving any significant returns its unsustainable for the club. Often we don't even see these guys at the games - nothing stopping them being around the stadium on match days interacting with the fans - they could even be in the shop or foyer to chat with fans, pics with kids or even sign shirts & merch - this is meant to be a community club and right now there's a lot more that can be done to bridge that gap.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

You seem to accept that sitting around taking a wage and not actually contributing back is acceptable? In the case of Foran, where was he on match days when injured - not in the technical area with JH learning from him, either up in hospitality or absent. Its fine to say 'involved' with the development squad, but how much they aren't taking on prominent roles, are they working with the youth teams - the messages from CC suggest not - what about community development & involvement, commercial activities or working with their SFA qualifications. Fact is at a small club we should expect our senior players to give more when injured especially those who must be considered top earners as they must realise that by not giving any significant returns its unsustainable for the club. Often we don't even see these guys at the games - nothing stopping them being around the stadium on match days interacting with the fans - they could even be in the shop or foyer to chat with fans, pics with kids or even sign shirts & merch - this is meant to be a community club and right now there's a lot more that can be done to bridge that gap.

As you say you dont know what their involvement is? Im not sure why you are making this a big deal? Weve got bigger problems than injured players taking sick leave! From what I hear from parents of youth players at the club the senior players do help out injured or not. It is also not their fault they are injured! 

As for Foran maybe John Hughes didnt want him in dugout? We dont know so you are providing a lack of evidence as to what role players take within the club , when not visible to us? 

On the matchday point I agree but I doubt they were ever asked re the potential activities mentioned bar maybe hospitality. 

 

Edited by old caley girl
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

As you say you dont know what their involvement is? Im not sure why you are making this a big deal? Weve got bigger problems than injured players taking sick leave! From what I hear from parents of youth players at the club the senior players do help out injured or not. It is also not their fault they are injured! 

As for Foran maybe John Hughes didnt want him in dugout? We dont know so you are providing a lack of evidence as to what role players take within the club , when not visible to us? 

On the matchday point I agree but I doubt they were ever asked re the potential activities mentioned bar maybe hospitality. 

 

I agree. It seems, sadly for him and even more sadly for the club, Foran, despite his best efforts, is turning out to be a very poor manager and it is probably better for there to be a parting of the ways.

However, as OCG says, that is no reason to suggest that he was 'stealing wages' from the club when he was out injured through no fault of his own and desperate to play.

There are more than enough issues surrounding the club to be concerned about right now without inventing new and spurious ones.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

In the case of Foran, where was he on match days when injured - not in the technical area with JH learning from him, either up in hospitality or absent.

Foran went into the stand and sat with the fans, chatted to them, posed for photographs and signed programmes for supporters.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Caman said:

Staff member later told me that none of the players frequenting that establishment like 'Foran the Failure'. 

Ouch. Can't really argue with it, though. If this is an indication of Foran's relationship with the players, then no wonder he peppers his terrible post match interviews with digs at them not being 'real men' and other barbs. It makes his position ever more untenable - would you rather try and keep our best players, or see them run for the exits whilst we keep foran to sign some 'real men', who we will then be stuck with after he inevitably goes?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, old caley girl said:

As for Foran maybe John Hughes didnt want him in dugout? We dont know so you are providing a lack of evidence as to what role players take within the club , when not visible to us? 

There is also the small matter of the rules ..... you cant just let anyone into the technical area ... 6 people max ... so that would have been Manager, Assistant, a couple of coaches, and likely doctor and kit person. 

Quote

Not later than 60 minutes before the start of a leg of a match, each Club will hand to the Referee and to its opponents a duplicate of the Team Lines for that club for the relevant leg. The Team Line shall contain accurate and complete details of the numbers, full player names in relation to not more than eighteen players, together with full names of the technical personnel to be seated within the technical area (subject to a maximum of six such technical personnel). The Team Line must be completed in block capitals, and signed by the club secretary or other accredited official. Upon such signature, such Team Line shall be deemed to be complete and binding on the Club concerned.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick comment about injuries. When they are bad enough they can have some devastating psychological  impacts that can also lead to daily depression, even deep, unquenchable anger. It's the constant pain and depression factors that are the hardest to overcome.

In the early days, just after the injury happens, just getting about within a small area , such as a home, is a constant struggle. Also being a usually very fit person these injuries can bring you down to a different level of challenge. " Why me?" is a question one asks on more than one occasion .Irrational, of course, but your mental and physical systems are altered because the effects of a bad injury restricts you in many different ways, ,reminding you of your vulnerability and new frailty. In this circumstance, just getting dressed and preparing to go out is difficult and the thought of going "all the way down": to the club is a major thought, even a worry.

When you are there (at the club, say), for sure the pain is likely to increase because you are moving around and the question is .." Am I inspiring anyone at all, and how long can I stand the cold and the drizzle, etc, etc? Oh well. next time I will stay at home and rest...etc.

Some of these injuries to our players have been really daunting and some DO take a very long time to heal and can re-occur at any future time.  And that's a buried  fear that  can nag at you even as time goes on. You think you are finally oiver the hump and one fall can just ruin your day.

Please go easy on injured players .I think most of them would much rather be  back on the park, playing for their team and their wage instead of hanging around waiting for a miracle to happen to  make their day.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RiG said:

Foran went into the stand and sat with the fans, chatted to them, posed for photographs and signed programmes for supporters.

Aye pretty much every game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.