Team for Hamilton

WYNESS101

Esson

Raven             Warren             Laing         McNaughton

Brad Mckay      Draper            Tansey             Mulraney

Billy Mckay

Fisher

The starting 11 moving forward now needs to be those that are here next season and we have a future with, out of contract and loan players need dropped. Its time to look at building going forwards. Most have failed to deliver this season but the likes of Tansey & Billy deserve a few mins to see the fans off between now and the end of the campaign but others like Cole, King, Mulraney etc its bye bye.

Might also be worth RF letting the team decide what formation and positions to play - he clearly isn't able to get it right. Otherwise I expect the usual lottery draw of formation and line up.

• Agree 2

Agree with much of bdu98196's comments, although I think Mulraney has another year with us?

For me, it's:

Fon Williams or Esson (no odds - both capable of at least one crazy error per game)

Raven (might be able to convince to stay) Laing (could be convinced to stay?) Warren (poor season but is on our books for next year) McNaughton (experienced and might be convinced to stay)

Draper (dip in form recently, but can't be happy with being dropped for Vigurs) Tansey (swansong)

Mulraney (fairly sure has another year) Fisher (deserves every minute he gets) King (nobody else for this position - Cole doesn't deserve it for his crazy red card)

Mckay (on a hiding to nothing with poor service)

Foran's box of chocolate's selection could be:

Fon Williams

McNaughton (left for right swap worked well at County) McCart Laing Warren (3 centre back success story)  Mckay (for his stunning display against Kilmarnock)

King (must be better on the right than the left) Vigurs (capt - chosen for work ethic) Cole (for the obligatory red card for petulence)

Boden Anier (done nothing since arrival)

Edit: how could I have forgotten Anier for Foran's pick??

The sad thing is that this really could happen.

Edited by PerfICT

Without going totally off topic, McNaughton should not be kept - high wage, injury liability, with the experience of Warren, Tremarco, Draper Raven all still around his wage would be better spent on younger players we could try build around for the future.

• Agree 1

Raven made two bad errors against County. I would therefore think Horner or Mckay would be a more mobile and competent replacement. If we want warriors against Hamilton, Gary is our best hope. Gary is not a loser by choice. Laing was very mobile and went forward when he had the chance to do so against County. McNaughton is class and massively experienced. Laing and McNaughton are warriors.

We need Draper and Tansey in midfield probably with Vigurs. Draper and Tansey can play as warriors. Up front it has to be Mckay and Fisher but Mulraney for all of his pace is a whinger and not a warrior. Hence Anier is the answer. Fisher ia a warrior, Billy is a little tiger and Anier is the closest we have to a Viking.

As for goal keeper, a lot depends on whether Fon Williams is injured. McCart's pass back to Esson was pretty robust and to his right side. Beyond that, Esson was not at fault for the goals. Esson is a warrior. 

In recent games we have had three stupid sendings off - Cole was absolutely stupid, Gary should have been constrained in his tunnel protest although there was little to gain, and Polworth was caught sleeping and proceeded to ice the cake for County. If the club and supporters really want a chance of survival we have to do well against Hamilton. It we gift Hamilton a win and Motherwell draw or win, Saturday the 6th of May 2017 will be Championship reality unless you have a maths or physics background.

He has indeed been a terrible signing, and he won't be cheap either. McKay has turned out to be a huge waste of money too, not because of any lack of ability or effort, but because the way Foran has us playing makes little use of his attributes.

Interesting that this pair of international strikers are being relegated from this league 2 seasons in a row. I look forward to County panic-signing them next January.

• Agree 2

Our main problem is chop and change and a complete lack of consistency. We have basically been picking teams game to game. And after the Tinkerville embarrassment that is going to happen again. In trying to read into the Foran psyche I think that he will dump Raven but will keep Vigurs. I also think that he will play 1 up front and play Fisher instead of wee Billy. I also suspect that he will bring back Fon Williams and Warren. In most instances I would have welcomed the return of Warren but not this season. I can also see him considering Anier. Perhaps the Mispass Messiah will whisper in his ear and save the day.

?

?                    ?                       ?                  ?

?                   Vigurs                     ?

?                        ?

?

Richie's team selection :cry::cry:

• Agree 2

Pensioner (war veteran)

Raven (Warrior)                   Warren (struggling Warrior)            MCcart (Celtic Ball Boy/Bag)             McNaughton (Worrier)

King (Ballet Dancer)                   Vigurs (sloth)               Red Card Cole (tourist/sloth)

Tansey  (ex Warrior)                       Draper (Warrior)

Fisher (Warrior)

Subs - W Mckay (warrior), B Mckay (can't decide), Horner (Horner), Boden (Boden), (Hoban) (boy), Mulraney (Ballet Dancer), Kenny Cameron (non communicator)

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, jagster said:

?

?                    ?                       ?                  ?

?                   Vigurs                     ?

?                        ?

?

Richie's team selection :cry::cry:

...and this could be the squad for next season after the summer exodus.

• Agree 1