Scotty

How good does it feel to come home from a game without being beaten. Totally deserved the win   As IBM jokingly said it might kickstart our season

Still too late I'd imagine as we'd still have to beat everyone and hope for favours from others 

anyhow time for a beer and listen to the other games :ictscarf:

Good to win but we were woeful in the 2nd half. Let Hamilton boss the game and push us back to our own box for most of it then wasted chances on the break. I think it's just delaying the inevitable and we can't keep a clean sheet. Play like that against Killie next week and we'll get humped. Andrew Dallas (from Lanarkshire?) also had a nightmare in the 2nd half.

A solid win that should have been much more emphatic. First half we were very good, but sat off too much in the second half. Even still, we defended extremely well. I like the look of Louis Laing. I was at the Motherwell game a couple weeks ago and although we were poor as a unit at the back, Laing looked strong and composed. We should try and keep hold of him no matter what devision we're in.

It was definitely a battling performance and Draper and Tansey epitomised that, but even with the win the odds are firmly stacked against us. We'll need to improve again if we're to take the points at Killi. 

That could have been 6 or 7. May be harsh but perhaps we were lucky that Vigurs was struck down with illness. I will keep the voodoo doll. Chop and change again. I bet that not many argued against the starting X1 apart from Anier. Let's pray for Tinkerville and its off to Killie next Saturday. Johndo the Unknown corpse. 

Dundee have beaten Killie, but County have done us a favour by beating Motherwell. Looks like our only hope is catching Motherwell or Hamilton. Both would be nice.

1 hour ago, lightwelter said:

A solid win that should have been much more emphatic. First half we were very good, but sat off too much in the second half. Even still, we defended extremely well. I like the look of Louis Laing. I was at the Motherwell game a couple weeks ago and although we were poor as a unit at the back, Laing looked strong and composed. We should try and keep hold of him no matter what devision we're in.

It was definitely a battling performance and Draper and Tansey epitomised that, but even with the win the odds are firmly stacked against us. We'll need to improve again if we're to take the points at Killi. 

Laing isn't great with crosses into the box though. Often on back foot, poor positioning so he can't head clear. Caught out again today that way with the Hamilton goal.

That's a bit better.  Could have had a barrowload of goals in first half.  Hope it doesn't get down to GD.

Obviously we're still favourites for the drop, but, the fat lady has not yet sung....

It could still come down to a grand stand finale v Motherwell.  

But first we need at least 4 points before we play them, and then it could be interesting

Hope springs eternal...

Good performance first half and really should have been out of sight, poor finishing after some great chances created.

2nd half we were back to our usual sitting back and admiring the scenery, but a win is good after waiting so long for one.

3 hours ago, jagster said:

How good does it feel to come home from a game without being beaten. Totally deserved the win   As IBM jokingly said it might kickstart our season

Still too late I'd imagine as we'd still have to beat everyone and hope for favours from others 

anyhow time for a beer and listen to the other games :ictscarf:

Jagster I wasn't joking :wink:

• Agree 1

A good team win but Foran still does not really get it!

Stalwart player performance for the most part but the half-time instructions were clearly to defend, defend, defend!

A managerial mess as usual.

We survived,

but only just!!

Foran must go!

Edited by neksor
mis-spelling
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Kylef said:

Dundee have beaten Killie, but County have done us a favour by beating Motherwell. Looks like our only hope is catching Motherwell or Hamilton. Both would be nice.

Something will have to give at the Lanarkshire derby next week but that is only significant if we can manage to beat Killie. To have any chance Ross Draper must start.

• Agree 1

Terrific performance today. Men against boys. They couldn't handle our aggressive pressing and running power. Could easily have been 5-0 up at half time. 

Funny that our most attacking lineup of the season was seconds away from a clean sheet - Hamilton on the backfoot and rattled for most of the game. Just goes to show, sometimes the best form of defence is attack.

Anier on the right flank was a masterstroke, who knew the mediocre striker we signed in January is actually a top class winger? He looked like an international player today. Hope he gets a run in that position. 

Looks like we found a system that got the best out of our players today. Shades of Mike Basset England manager - we ditch the 'modern' system and go '4-4-bloody-2' for the win. 

Same again next week please lads!

Edited by AlexJones

That penalty that some felt should have been awarded against us today (haven't yet seen the video , will do so this afternoon. I was in bed at 4 a.m this morning and the alarm under my pillow never went off, well, do you think the ref had been told to  "ignore the next penalty against ICT" because the one against them recently was not correct since the ball never crossed our goal  line?

Just a thought....

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Credit where credits due. We deserved the win today and played some really good stuff. We defended well, sometimes desperately but it did the job. I've been a big critic of Ritchie but today he must deserve some praise. It was a bold selection and it worked for him. When we lose- the manager and players are slated on here, let's give them a bit of credit when we win and play well. We needed to win our last four games and you can't do that unless you win the first. Let's all get behind Ritchie and the players and pull of the great escape.......after all, sometimes miracles do happen.

• Agree 5

Utterly amazing to think that even if we lose next week, we're still in the game because Ham and Mot play each other and can't both win! We only have to be within 3 points of Mot come the last day of the season and it's all down to a one-off, pistols at dawn affair. I have no idea how, but this could easily go to the wire, whereas I thought we were well and truly buried after last week. Don't you just love and hate football.

• Agree 7

Really enjoyed he first half. With the decent chances missed, it could have been 6-1 at the break. It's a long time since we dreated so many 'must score" chances, how did we miss them all?

I think nerves kicked second half and we sat too deep, but who cares: we won and it's been a long time coming!

I'm an optimist, but still doubt we will stay up. If we beat Killie, we need a draw in the Lanarkshire derby next week. If we don't win, I think a Hamilton win is best to give us a chance of 11th. Time will tell!

On the park, Laing and Warren did fine, Draper and Tansey were solid. Anier had his best game, whereas Fisher was not as potent as we have seen him.

We won, we need d that, bug I got home feeling we still have too much to do. I hope I'm wrong!

Anyone know what caused the argument between Esson and Tansey? Where I was, I thnk I heard Edson should that something Tansey did could have caused a f...in broken ankle. Any ideas?

We went about the first half like we knew it was last chance, but once the break came, I think it became a look at what we could lose, so the nerves kicked in. We should have been completely and utterly out of sight, knocking down our goal difference. Hamilton penalty? should have been, but maybe thats the rub of the green we have been missing.

So we live for another two games at least. Dont know what result we need from Accies Well next week, probably a draw, as that keeps the pressure on both of them, as our goal difference means they both have the advantage like an extra point. We need a win from the next two away games as a minimum, having one away win all season it seems unlikely, but that first half today seemed unlikely too.

They showed there fight today, and we have to show the same in both the Killie and Dungdee games. Richie. we need to be positive throughout. Hopefully they will both feel safe from the drop when we play them, which could be to our advantage....

Still think we will be renewing our rivalry with Livi, the Buddies, Bairns etc

Was comfortable with the fact that we were going down until today, argh!!

Top marks for effort all round, players did all they could to protect Esson and battled throughout the park.  Haven't seen any replays at all but looked a stonewall penalty for Hamilton thanks to mix up with Warren and Esson.  Very much off the hook there.

Created - and missed - more chances in first half than we have thus far in total in 2017 surely.  A few times where Fisher either didn't show enough urgency or just lacked in mobility/pace could have cost us.  Easily best performance from Anier, how's it taken so long for him to be played there?

Think we were all somewhat underwhelmed with the signing of Laing but I think he's a great find, to me he's easily the most consistent and reliable of our centre backs in last few months.  Mulreanay should have been off earlier and what on earth happened with subs near end of match? Brad struggling badly and Mcnaughton set to replace him. Then King waiting to come on but called back at last minute for Mcnaughton to come on after all - time-wasting by Foran, waiting for Mulreanay to be further away before subbed? 

Oh and the Accies number 18 made a right t!t of himself in front of the cameras for all to see with his mortally injured routine.  too comical to even boo him.

As for Esson saying Tansey could have broken an effing ankle - my friend told me at time that the words used were effing a**hole Haha!

• Agree 1

Watched on TV : should have had 5 or 6 at least. Some woeful (embarrassing) attempts at finishing and such a soft goal to concede at the end.

Two winnable away games coming up but we have to be more clinical when chances come along.

There is still a pulse.............just.

Still convinced RF is not the man.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic