Scotty

33 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Just out if interest, why did we go into a must-win game yesterday without a full bench?  I presume Vigurs was injured but was Dean Ebbe not available?

'Foran the Failure' probably can't count as well as can't manage a football team etc. I think Vigurs was suspended as didn't he get booked in County disaster? 

2 hours ago, Caman said:

'Foran the Failure' probably can't count as well as can't manage a football team etc. I think Vigurs was suspended as didn't he get booked in County disaster? 

Vigurs caught a virus

Obviously it was good to win but there were still glaring deficiencies in that team.  Hamilton were utterly abysmal in the first half and in particular were all over the place defensively.  We should've scored more goals against a side like that and shouldn't have to rely on a penalty to win - it was the correct decision but a lot of referees wouldn't have given it.  In the second half we sat too deep and were really dominated by Accies.  There were also several really poor defensive moments in the game - in the first half we let the ball ricochet about the box following some soft set-pieces which allowed Accies chances.  Better teams and better strikers would have scored.  Also, Henri Anier worked hard but he has to be one of the worst players we've ever had.  If he was slightly capable we'd have scored more goals.  It's not quibbling either - if we'd won 4-0 that would be very important in terms of goal difference.

On the plus side we did win, that's good.  We did the more basic things in defence better and looked OK going forward - Mulreany had a good game and is growing into being a first team player.  Draper and Tansey in the middle are a no-brainer, if anyone can explain why Draper wasn't in the team for the derby then please share.

• Agree 3

On 07/05/2017 at 10:40 PM, Renegade said:

Just out if interest, why did we go into a must-win game yesterday without a full bench?  I presume Vigurs was injured but was Dean Ebbe not available?

We did have seven subs: Hoban, McNaughton, McCart, Horner, King, Cole and Boden.

Interesting watching them at half time: McCart was doing a serious warm up with the others having a kick about. Not sure if that is a McCart thing or what he has been taught at Celtic.

• Agree 1

Richie is upbeat  but Martin Canning is sure canning the referee and many others for their bias against Hamilton and giving them penalty awards at the drop of a hat for much of the season

And here was me thinking that it was just ICT who have been  the butt of referees' bad, or deliberately biased  decisions. He just stopped short of swearing, kicking turf :crazy: and naming names....... let's hope I picked up the right video.!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39830949

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic