Hamilton v Motherwell

Obviously we have to beat Killie next Saturday.

Given we are 4 points (although more like 5 with our goal difference) behind the above two teams, I am undecided about what I want the result of the above to be next Saturday. 

Draw - I think this may be the best result?

Hamilton win - maybe better than a Motherwell win as we can't do anymore against Hamilton now this season, but we could still beat Motherwell on 20th May. We should have hammered Hamilton yesterday as every goal against them would have been double so to speak, goal difference wise.

Motherwell win - see above

:ictscarf::ictscarf:

11 hours ago, Caman said:

Obviously we have to beat Killie next Saturday.

Given we are 4 points (although more like 5 with our goal difference) behind the above two teams, I am undecided about what I want the result of the above to be next Saturday. 

Draw - I think this may be the best result?

Hamilton win - maybe better than a Motherwell win as we can't do anymore against Hamilton now this season, but we could still beat Motherwell on 20th May. We should have hammered Hamilton yesterday as every goal against them would have been double so to speak, goal difference wise.

Motherwell win - see above

:ictscarf::ictscarf:

don't dismiss the goal difference, particularly with respect to Motherwell, Caman. At the moment, we are 4 goals worse off than Motherwell. For goal difference to become important in the final match, well need to have at least one result better than Motherwell - likely scenario (though not certain, of course) is that the GD will then be down to 3. If we need to win the game against Motherwell to go level on points, a 2 goal margin would do it. If we've already got level on points with Motherwell, I'd wager that we'd either be level on goal difference (maybe goals scored as well!!) or possibly even better than theirs.

As for what the "best" result for us is - it depends how greedy you want to get. If you're happy with a shot at 11th and taking our chances in the play-off, than a win for Hamilton (heavy, if possible) is definitely best.

If you still hold onto the fantasy that 10th is possible, then a draw has to be the best result.

Isn't it ironic that our fate might lie as much in our own hands as in County's? We really need them to whip Hamilton the night before we're away at Dundee. Killie could also do us a favour against Motherwell that night. We'll know what we have to do at dundee before we kick off....

• Agree 1

Given the permutations I think a win for either might be the best result for us. Defeat for Motherwell would mean they have to beat Kilmarnock or face a last day decider against us in which GD wouldn't matter assuming of course that we pick up 3 points in one of our two games before that match. Defeat for Hamilton would probably mean they have to win their last game against Dundee, don't think they will get anything at County. These perms assume of course that we win two games one against Motherwell. I think both Hamilton and Motherwell would take a draw now meaning they probably only need one more point each to make the playoff or safety.

Quite simple, 37 points and let the rest take care of itself.

Being a huge 7 points behind the rest, I would imagine there was zero pressure on the team. 

Now there's a huge 4 points behind the next team they may as well play the same way as last Saturday.

i punched in all various results to excel for bottom 4 and we can still win all 3 and go down if motherwell beat hamilton.

on the other hand we can win all 3 and still finish 9th with well, dundee and hamilton tied on 36pts.

• Agree 1