Dundee v ICT (must win game)

tm4tj

Foran said something interesting post-match (he usually does, but for the wrong reasons!)

Said that we'd had a lot of injury problems this season and a couple of other player issues

Intriguing.

Great to win and give us some hope, and another performance we could have done with on umpteen occasions earlier in the season to get us well clear of relegation. I'm also amazed that we kept a clean sheet and won in that vanilla and black kit!

I'm another one who will miss the Motherwell game - visiting seriously ill mother in Edinburgh. I was coming up the A9 from there tonight and about 5.30 passed the supporters' bus heading south at Blair Atholl, wishing I could have joined them in Dundee.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, ictchris said:

We will lose this game, absolutely no doubt about it.

All thsi stuff about how much it means, huge game, fight for it.  It's meaningless.  We aren't good enough.  We continually present the opposition with goals and can't score goals ourselves.

Great bit of reverse psychology! :clapoverhead:

2 wins in a row at end of season, it was the start of the season last time we did that. 

Think Neil McCann will have Dee more up for the Accies game. Think Motherwell would prefer Hamilton in the league rather than us, Derby games etc, so dont be thinking Motherwell will have downed tools on Saturday. 

We have got to be at it for 95 minutes or so

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Image may contain: crowd

SING YOUR HEARTS OUT FER THE BOYS

The singing was absolutely brilliant tonight ... and what a team performance ... gritty, professional, beautiful passing at times ... Why only now?:cry:

• Agree 5

Well on the positive side , we've dodged two bullets in 24 hours. Another win on Saturday and you never know...................

Even then. another 180 minutes before we know where we will be playing next season.

Oh, for a stress free end to the season.

Yup and why leave a performance like that until the 37th feckin (league) match????

Must be some time since we kept a clean sheet,,,,,,,,can't be bothered checking.

If it was in our hands only, I would be at the match on Saturday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but it's along way to go when other events could well dash any hope of a reprieve.

Will be at the play offs though!!

Ffs ICT! Why do you do this to us? Another false dawn? More hope in vain? Can we actually do this....?!

hell yes!

that 1st half was classy, sexy football! More of that on Saturday please!!

COME ON THE CALEY THISTLE!! Eh?! 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, cif73 said:

The singing was absolutely brilliant tonight ... and what a team performance ... gritty, professional, beautiful passing at times ... Why only now?:cry:

Was proud to be there tonight and witness the fighting spirit.

Bring on Motherwell!!

I'm off to bed now knackered. Hope I wake up before lunchtime on Saturday!!:ictscarf::ictscarf:

Think positive and we will. Isn't it  amazing what a couple of wins will achieve in boosting  team spirit and extra energy output.

Looks like this team has been invigorated to have greater confidence in themselves. Could be a miraculous ending to the season.

:clapoverhead:

By some distance, that was the best performance i've seen from us this season.  In attempting to fit our best midfielders into the team, Richie's wound up chopping and changing the shape all season but he might finally have landed on a formation that gets the best out of them. Vigurs sat behind Tansey and Draper and was the heart of some excellent passing moves - his ball through for Fisher's goal was delightful. Polworth isn't a natural wide player, but he put in a hell of a shift and is obviously more reliable defensively than Cole or Mulraney. Same team on Saturday, surely.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, The Long Man said:

that is class. Wonder where we would be if he had not been frozen out most of the season. Maybe he'll save us, just to add to the irony.

Yup. The decision not to play him for a large part of the season looks silly at best. 

16 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Cracking goal.

But not for the first time, a simple header missed the target. Head shaped like a new pound coin!

True. Mind you if he could score the simple chances too, he'd probably be playing for Real Madrid!

• Agree 2

We have now exceeded Dundee Utd's dismal points tally of 28 last season.

Whilst we think Foran has done a bad job, and he has, they mentioned last night on Radio Scotland that if you construct a league table from when Cathro joined Hearts in early December, we would be bottom (obviously) but Hearts would be just a point ahead of us!

As said above by Caley Stan, easily our best performance of the season.  Changing things again was interesting and Richie went for a 4-4-2 with a narrow midfield, which we've done before but without much success.  This time though, it worked a treat.  Keeping the game narrow, compacting the midfield allowed us to dominate with the ball as we had lots of options to keep possession and get the ball up to the strikers and without the ball, as we had players to assert pressure on Dundee.  

Collectively the midfield were all excellent, working hard and using the ball well when they had it.  Vigurs was the standout though, an immense performance in the anchor role.  He maintained possession and broke forward when he had to, probably the best game he's had since signing for us.  Laing and Warren also had good games, dealing with everything that Dundee could give us - not a lot but we've not exactly been freezing teams out this season.

Mckay had a great game up front and Fisher took his goal well - Fisher works hard though and is a target for crosses, which gives us another option. 

The one downside is that Dundee were dire and I could easily see Hamilton turning them over on Saturday.  Hopefully Vincent and Ross knock their pans in trying to get the win for us.

• Agree 2

I think we should all calm down, Motherwell have a good squad and I am surprised that they found themselves in this situation, that said, I am surprised that we are in this situation given the squad we have, I think Willie Miller said the same thing last night. Even if we beat Motherwell which I am not convinced about we still have to get past Falkirk which will not be easy. Strangely enough, I said to my wife many months ago that it would be ironic if Falkirk put us down, we seem to have been fatefully involved with them in crucial matches over the years. Here's hoping. By the way did anyone notice Barry Wilson's comments last night that he felt it might be better for ICT to go down, he felt the club needed rebuilding from the ground up and that survival would only mask that need. Any thoughts?

Oh, and Anier was shocking! Can't or won't jump for a ball. Won nothing in the air. Pressed less than players who'd been knocking their pan in for the whole match! I'd rather see Ebbe given a run out when the other guys run out of gas. He showed some glimmer of something in our 5-1 drubbing by Tic in the cup, and has been putting goals away aplenty in the Dev league

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic