Well it was a up hill battle battle from the start. The board, remaining players and management need to take a long hard look at themselves over the summer. Still i don't regret flying over for this day. Got to be there for the bad times if you can do the good ones. I'll follow the club to any division. Still hurting today and will for a while but we must start rebuilding now

• Agree 3

If it hadn't been for events at New Douglas Park, that would have been an enjoyable game. First half was quiet, but better quality than many this season. Motherwell certainly made a game of it. A great 10 minutes to go 3-0 up: great strike from Tansey and Fisher got a couple...as he deserved for his effort. The atmosphere went flat when Hamilton scored, only reignited when a crazy rumour circulated that Dundee had scored 2. Applauded the players off, but couldn't bear to stay on, so missed the afters. Tansey didn't deserve abuse, but I wasn't impressed with his after-match interview. Good performance, sad day.

• Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

:teacher:

Oops! I subtracted 2004 from 2016, but should have subtracted the oldest season not in the SPL rather than the first one in it.

Now I'm more confused... :laugh:

2004 from 2017 maybe. Or simply from memory that we lasted 5 years the first time and 7 years the next time.

Once again Foran is blaming his players and talking about throwing out "bad apples"

He is the worst of all.

His man management and leadership skills do not seem to exist. He needs to look very closly in the mirror to decide what he can or cannot do! - Managing football is not one them.

I sincerely hope that he has no future job prospects with ICT.

Edited by neksor
spelling
  • Agree 3

25 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Billy McKay and Henri Anier have now finished bottom of this league 2 seasons running. :ohmy:

(The "shocked" smiley is in respect of the former, and certainly not the latter!)

Can we get County to buy them?

1 hour ago, PerfICT said:

If it hadn't been for events at New Douglas Park, that would have been an enjoyable game. First half was quiet, but better quality than many this season. Motherwell certainly made a game of it. A great 10 minutes to go 3-0 up: great strike from Tansey and Fisher got a couple...as he deserved for his effort. The atmosphere went flat when Hamilton scored, only reignited when a crazy rumour circulated that Dundee had scored 2. Applauded the players off, but couldn't bear to stay on, so missed the afters. Tansey didn't deserve abuse, but I wasn't impressed with his after-match interview. Good performance, sad day.

Ditto on all counts

6 hours ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Don't know about bad apples, but Foran would seem to be a prize plum. 

Foran has a lot to learn and in any form of management an early lesson is to praise in public and to chastise in private.

• Agree 2

I would have had a great deal more respect for RF had he admitted that our terrible and ultimately disastrous season was as a result of his naïve and inexperienced managerial mistakes but that lessons have been learned and that mistakes, oft repeated this season, will be eliminated next.

However, instead, he ducked responsibility and tried to scapegoat players that he did not even have the guts to name. That demonstrates to me that not only does he not have the ability and experience to manage he doesn't have the character which is worse. Ability can be learned and experience gained. However, character and decency of treatment cannot.

If Foran had accepted his very large share of responsibility I might have had sympathy for the notion of giving him until Christmas to show whether lessons have been learned. However, these post match comments have convinced me once and for all that he can never be the man for the job. One thing we will need in abundance next saeason is a positive team spirit and sense of togetherness. No manager with the attitude Richie demonstrated yet again and more starkly than ever in his final post match interview of the season is ever going to be capable of providing that unity.

Other very good Championship teams are already preparing for next season. We need to be having a management cull this week to be ever to give the new man, whoever he may be, the maximum amount of time to do the same.

• Agree 5

14 hours ago, davieB said:

We won't be coming up for a good while. The whole Outlook of this club has to change. We have to get rid of this old boys network. 

Who was the last youth player to cone through the ranks? Polworth? No one can tell me there's no decent players in Inverness. I coach youth football and I see players week in and week out who are good enough. The whole structure of the club is rotten, we've no decent scouting system, no connection with the local community, and our youth structure is non existent. 

To many old boys in it for the kudos, and until that changes we're going to be on a long downward slope. 

Agree with some of your points but...........

what is to stop us coming up next season. Weakest Championship for a while but, and it is a big but, we have to get ourselves sorted out as a club quickly. Priority has to be getting promoted next season but in tandem with that, we have to look at our coaching system, scouting etc. While you may see decent "prospects" davie B, there is no guarantee that they will develop into first team players and I am of the opinion that, in Scotland, we over coach our players so they are unable to think for themselves but that is another issue. In addition to lookinh for more talent locally, we also need to look at the Highland league for players in my opinion. There has always been talent there but is very often overlooked. Again, in my opinion, we should pull out of the Under 20 league and farm out players to the Highland league, which to be fair we do, as this provides a better footballing education for them. Should we look at taking over a Highland league team, possibly too late to do that now but something to consider perhaps.

In summary, priority has to be promotion next season but we do also have a chance to restructure the club but is the club bold enough to make radical changes?. Unfortunately, I have no confidence in the Board who seem happy to hide away and not look at how the club could be taken forward, and let's be honest, a lot of this is not rocket science.

2 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Agree with some of your points but...........

In addition to lookinh for more talent locally, we also need to look at the Highland league for players in my opinion. There has always been talent there but is very often overlooked. Again, in my opinion, we should pull out of the Under 20 league and farm out players to the Highland league, which to be fair we do, as this provides a better footballing education for them. Should we look at taking over a Highland league team, possibly too late to do that now but something to consider perhaps.

The standard in the Highland League is pretty woeful nowadays IMO. Pre-1994 it definitely would have been fertile ground but back then there were no League clubs to benefit from it anyway. Ironically the presence of four league clubs in the area has relegated the HFL to a backwater. 

Over the past few seasons the HFL has been overtaken by the Lowland League, and even that is no great shakes, given that it has a heavy advantage over the HFL in population terms. Very few players in the LL would make the step up to SPFL2.

At a stretch, we could be recruiting from Elgin and Peterhead, but in turn any players performing well in the HFL are likely to move to these clubs rather than straight to us.

You make a fair point about the 20s though.

Edited by TheMantis
  • Agree 1

A very tough day yesterday. I want to thank everyone this season i have met up with had a drink with and went to games with. Been a long hard season but the crac has been greatno matter what. Amazing club with amazing fan's. Very proud to call myself a caley jag. Roll on next season so we can begin the fight back

20170520_200911.jpg

• Agree 14

Belfast Brigade, when I tried to give you a green dot for your post I was told I am not allowed to give you a green dot.  What on earth is that all about I wonder? That's the second time I have seen this statement about my not being able to give green dot for what is clearly a positive and uplifting post.

I think you are marvellous and being so far away from Inverness merely emphasizes how excellent an attitude and example you are to other fans of Caley Thistle. So, for this post that you have just made, I have given you another green dot....and lo and behold, surprise, ....it has registered. Must be a glitch in the site's programming then? Hope you stick around for next season since you are an inspiration to all our fans.

Cheers. Scarlet

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Belfast Brigade, when I tried to give you a green dot for your post I was told I am not allowed to give you a green dot.  What on earth is that all about I wonder? That's the second time I have seen this statement about my not being able to give green dot for what is clearly a positive and uplifting post.

I think you are marvellous and being so far away from Inverness merely emphasizes how excellent an attitude and example you are to other fans of Caley Thistle. So, for this post that you have just made, I have given you another green dot....and lo and behold, surprise, ....it has registered. Must be a glitch in the site's programming then? Hope you stick around for next season since you are an inspiration to all our fans.

Cheers. Scarlet

Very kind words. I'll certainly be over as much as possible next season as i have done this season and past seasons. I aim for 4 games a season which i have hit this season. I'll be aiming for the same again next season. The welcome and hospitality i received on my very first game over a few years ago will stay with me forever along with all the other trips i make over. I wouldn't even entertain the thought of walking away because we got relegated   

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Belfast Brigade said:

Very kind words. I'll certainly be over as much as possible next season as i have done this season and past seasons. I aim for 4 games a season which i have hit this season. I'll be aiming for the same again next season. The welcome and hospitality i received on my very first game over a few years ago will stay with me forever along with all the other trips i make over. I wouldn't even entertain the thought of walking away because we got relegated   

Never realised you were a Glens man. I was over there in October for Glens v Blues which unfortunately went the wrong way although Curtis Allen did score. I was well looked after by Ricky Rea when all I really wanted was to buy a match ticket.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Belfast Brigade said:

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of walking away because we got relegated   

You would have done if you were a Linfield fan though

Dougal

• Disagree 1

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:48 PM, TheMantis said:

The standard in the Highland League is pretty woeful nowadays IMO.

Agreed. However this doesn't seem to have prevented certain HL club whose benefactors have far more money than sense from continuing to pay ridiculous weekly wages and absurd signing on fees for training a couple of times a week and playing a poor standard of football in front of a couple of hundred people.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic