Who should we keep, who should we punt?

SMEE

22 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Not enthralled with this to be honest. They have, between them, taken the club back fifteen years with last seasons antics and next season looks like we are preparing for another drop. I just don't understand why people are throwing money at the club through season ticket purchases when at the moment there is no product to buy. All seems a bit odd to me.

Who should we keep, who should we punt? It's not easy to answer given we have no manager at the moment. Pre-season turning into a joke.

No a happy bunny.

Because we support the club, thats why! The club haven't been in much of a hurry (particularly the delay in RF leaving), but there will be some sort of a team with some sort of a manager so we should just get behind the club & stop moaning!

Ludicrous to suggest we are preparing for another drop - if we went part time, I'd be thinking that, but we aren't!

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Not enthralled with this to be honest. They have, between them, taken the club back fifteen years with last seasons antics and next season looks like we are preparing for another drop. I just don't understand why people are throwing money at the club through season ticket purchases when at the moment there is no product to buy. All seems a bit odd to me.

Who should we keep, who should we punt? It's not easy to answer given we have no manager at the moment. Pre-season turning into a joke.

No a happy bunny.

Agree with this Don. Club seems a basket case just now. Not in a rush to buy personally. 

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have joined clubs interested in signing Blair Yule, the 25-year-old midfielder who is out of contract with Cove Rangers, following interest from Dundee United, Arbroath and Peterhead

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I've floated the idea of signing him a couple of times before. He was on trial with Doncaster last season and I think can play in defence as well. Good to see us casting the net a little narrower for once. 

8 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I've floated the idea of signing him a couple of times before. He was on trial with Doncaster last season and I think can play in defence as well. Good to see us casting the net a little narrower for once. 

Good to see we're casting the net full stop !!

• Agree 1

An Elgin fan on Pie and Bovril says that the club tried to bring Brian Cameron in on trial (I presume at the end of last season) but he couldn't get time off work.  A good player whenever I've seen him.  Can play all across the midfield, on the wing and up front.

21 hours ago, ictchris said:

Falkirk fans on P&B saying that we've signed John Baird.

Ultra-experienced First Division striker.  Good recent record.  Solid signing I'd say.

I hope so would also take Fraser aird he's on a free better start getting a squad together soon or we'll be forced to sign afore mentioned highland league players!! Ffs some people need to wise up these guys are no where near good enough for the championship! 

• Disagree 2

Has Cameron Gilchrist been released?  I notice he's still on the Wikipedia page but I know that's not always the most reliable source.  

Fraser Aird is pretty powderpuff I believe (despite his goal against Scotland).  I'd like to see us take a punt on Blair Yule though.  By many accounts, a very good player.

I talked to a relative of one of last year's U20's. She said that all of last year's third year U20's had been released, including her relative. 

She'd heard that three of those who were second year U20's last year had agreed one year extensions for season 17/18 - Daniel Hoban (goalkeeper), Andrew MacRae (forward) and Alasdair Stark (defender). As far as she knew, the four youngest U20 players, who were in the first year of a two year contract last year and who still have a year left of their contract, are all still at the club. 

• Agree 1

MacRae has always been the standout for me whenever I've watched the U20s.  Very quick and skillful, a similar player to Ryan Christie in many ways.  Hoban looks a decent enough keeper as well.  Don't know so much about Stark but he was on loan at Fort William at one stage as I recall.

9 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

Fraser Aird and John Baird - definetly worth a punt, given they have championship experience &, hopefully, ambition to kick on & improve themselves. 

Baird, maybe?  But why have Falkirk let them go?  They will be one of our main adversaries in the Championship, so if they are not good enough for them, why should they be good enough for us?

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Baird, maybe?  But why have Falkirk let them go?  They will be one of our main adversaries in the Championship, so if they are not good enough for them, why should they be good enough for us?

Maybe a budget cut or Houston has other targets! Personally I think both would do a turn bairds a goal machine at that level aird could replace doran who I presumes been freed! Let's be honest we ain't gonna be getting zlatan! Woods and Quinn from county on frees be a gd shout to!

On 2017-6-10 at 6:03 PM, Caley Mad In Berks said:

They would certainly be motivated to prove houston was wrong to release them!

I don't read anything into Falkirk releasing them, maybe (as another poster said)it's budget issues. 

Some players 'fit' better at some clubs than others...

• Agree 1