New Chairman - Willie Finlayson

CELTIC1CALEY3

On 04/07/2017 at 10:13 PM, Charles Bannerman said:

I would certainly have a fat chance of getting a wage from anyone if my spelling, punctuation etc. were as bad as yours! :lol:

If we had journalists willing to investigate and report the way our club is run then i wouldn't give a damn about their spelling. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Caley Stan said:

If we had journalists willing to investigate and report the way our club is run then i wouldn't give a damn about their spelling. 

Ok time to swallow the bitter pill and get better.

Our club has been run exceptionally well over the majority of its history. With a small fanbase, limited cashflow , and multiple financial external issues that have heavily impacted other clubs over the same period. 

The same external issues have resulted in at least 4? Clubs becoming bankrupt/ morally bankrupt over the same period.  Rangers, dundee, hearts, hibs who were all almost rubbed out.  (I am sure some pedants will correct this)

We have taken bob a job players and developed the majority of them and created some classy footballers. Rooney, shinnies, draper, christie, watkins etc. 

As they developed they have contributed to stunning performances in league and cup . Stable top 6 team , europe , cup semis etc. 

We created a dread for teams coming to the stadium which we have now lost. And for several years (3)? were the biggest thorn in celtics side . Taking the most points of them in league. 

We have the best song in the world that always makes me smile 'bridge and a castle'

Yes there are things the club could do better but endlessly knocking the people who have given their time to run the club does not help and is not healthy. 

Yours positively

• Agree 6

On 6/2/2017 at 11:40 AM, cif73 said:

Looking at the club's publicly available filing record at Companies House today (web-link below), it says that Willie Finlayson resigned as a director on 22 May, the day before the club announcement of his appointment as chairman. A bit odd maybe. His statement the next day did refer to his fellow directors although he did say in his statement that he will not be chief executive officer. I see also that the new director appointments are not officially registered at Companies House yet although that may just be a form-filling delay.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC149117/filing-history

I have just checked the official companies house site and Willam Finlayson IS a registered director. Gordon Alan MUNROE resigned in May 2017. I really don't know where you got this information so I think an apology is due to Mr Finlayson.

Edited by caleyboy

21 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

IMG_4258.JPG

This was a tidying up excerise on companies house, if your read the naritive it says " details of the director’s termination of appointment have been removed as this was invalid or ineffective".  He had in effect two entries so Willie Finlayso is definately a director and is confirmed if you look at the list of current directors on copanies house.

What happened is that the club submitted a termination form for him, and then contacted Companies House to retract it. So for a number of weeks, he was not listed as a director.

If he stood down and was reappointed, separate forms should have been submitted accordingly. But assuming the club did things properly, it looks very much like they had submitted his termination form by accident, no doubt when doing Kenny Cameron's one on the same day.

12 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

What happened is that the club submitted a termination form for him, and then contacted Companies House to retract it. So for a number of weeks, he was not listed as a director.

If he stood down and was reappointed, separate forms should have been submitted accordingly. But assuming the club did things properly, it looks very much like they had submitted his termination form by accident, no doubt when doing Kenny Cameron's one on the same day.

Submitting a termination form by mistake! Absolutely No chance of that happening ! Who on earth gave you that naff info? On the remote chance of that being true it just shows what a joke we are.

• Agree 1

Caleyboy,

Think you are becoming very focussed on all the faults we can find.

We support a football team lets focus on their performance recruitment and management on the field rather than endlessly saying how terrible a club we are. 

Everytime you criticise or denegrate the club negatively you may impact a fan who may decide not to go. 

Absolutely identify what can be improved but pointless statements like 'shows what a joke we are ' just looses any positive response from myself.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

Oh my. I didn't realise I was the only one who is totally embarrassed by our incompetence. The team has nothing to do with this but unless we get our act together we won't have a club to Support. I don't expect positive responses from anyone so blinkered.

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 5

10 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Submitting a termination form by mistake! Absolutely No chance of that happening !

It can actually happen if the user is very careless. When you log in to your Companies House account to make any changes, you see a list of directors and against each name is a "Remove" button. Click! (I think there is then an "Are you sure...." validation step)

The other type of "mistake" that can happen is that the person who does the club's Companies House filings was genuinely under the impression that Finlayson was no longer a director....

8 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

It can actually happen if the user is very careless. When you log in to your Companies House account to make any changes, you see a list of directors and against each name is a "Remove" button. Click! (I think there is then an "Are you sure...." validation step)

The other type of "mistake" that can happen is that the person who does the club's Companies House filings was genuinely under the impression that Finlayson was no longer a director....

Could be someone with an ulterior motive :ohmy: