New Chairman - Willie Finlayson

CELTIC1CALEY3

25 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Everything you say is correct except for the important bit that is actually relevant here! When you say "The Chairman should not be a director" I think you are completely wrong. Whether or not a chairman is executive or non exec, they still have to be a director!

Non-exec Directors are not Registered at Companies House. Only Exec Director are.

Personally I would like ro see our chairman have exactly the same responsibility as our directors. I believe he has confirmed that he will not hold a chief exec position so why is he there?

Edited by caleyboy

10 minutes ago, Tree said:

Possibly awaits passing SFA Fit and Proper test to allow position to be taken up?

I see what you're saying but, much as the SFA might like to believe the contrary, I wouldn't imagine Companies House waits for the SFA to tell them who they can and cannot list as the director of a registered UK company.

27 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I see what you're saying but, much as the SFA might like to believe the contrary, I wouldn't imagine Companies House waits for the SFA to tell them who they can and cannot list as the director of a registered UK company.

Dave King was only registered as a Director on passing test. Would explain resignation pending passing test......or could be an alternative baffling reason to match much of what has happened recently

1 hour ago, Tree said:

Dave King was only registered as a Director on passing test. Would explain resignation pending passing test......or could be an alternative baffling reason to match much of what has happened recently

That's a very fair point about King in a scenario where the SFA could presumably constrain clubs with respect to which names they can forward to Companies House until appropriate, although obviously with no powers over Companies' House itself.

26 minutes ago, Shorty said:

If he was an existing director then would he not have been cleared by sfa already?

Correct Shorty. Something smelly going on? I hope we are not in for more bludy nonsense.

44 minutes ago, Shorty said:

If he was an existing director then would he not have been cleared by sfa already?

On the other hand, you may be attributing the SFA with a completely undeserved degree of common sense! For all any of us knows, if a director stands down and then returns, maybe the whole process has to be gone through again.... just in case the individual concerned has become an unfit and improper person in the interim! :amazed:

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

On the other hand, you may be attributing the SFA with a completely undeserved degree of common sense! For all any of us knows, if a director stands down and then returns, maybe the whole process has to be gone through again.... just in case the individual concerned has become an unfit and improper person in the interim! :amazed:

Somehow I don't think it will have anything to do with being unfit or improper but there must be some reason for him resigning his directorship and then becoming chairman. Strange but not surprising that again we need to guess what is happening.

54 minutes ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

There's probably no point in registering someone at companies house until the SFA approve it. Even if it is just a formality.

Or maybe we're just slow at getting things done.

He was a registered director, with the required SFA approval, so there was absolutely no need for him to resign just because he was becoming chairman of the board. Very very strange so maybe Mr Finlayson could tell the supporters why?

Edited by caleyboy

23 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

He was a registered director, with the required SFA approval, so there was absolutely no need for him to resign just because he was becoming chairman of the board. Very very strange so maybe Mr Finlayson could tell the supporters why?

Maybe he was an exec director and is now becoming a non exec chairman and he had to resign as an executive before registering as non exec. I'm sure it's probably/hopefully just some silly technicality.

Are we talking about the same guy who knocked an extra 10% off of the season ticket prices, extend the early bird closure dates, included the first cup match for free and offered a monthly draw for boardroom hospitality.

There's been a lot of changes and the club probably needs a bit of time to sort itself out.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

28 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Are we talking about the same guy who knocked an extra 10% off of the season ticket prices, extend the early bird closure dates, included the first cup match for free and offered a monthly draw for boardroom hospitality.

There's been a lot of changes and the club probably needs a bit of time to sort itself out.

I think 12th man is trying to suggest that there's every chance that there's a perfectly non-sinister explanation for this.

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I think 12th man is trying to suggest that there's every chance that there's a perfectly non-sinister explanation for this.

Well if you want to go through the entire history of appointments since 1994 then perhaps not all of them are listed.

Nice to add non-sinister though.

Sounds more dramatic than opting for a perfectly good explanation.

6 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Well if you want to go through the entire history of appointments since 1994 then perhaps not all of them are listed.

I think you'll find they are. They have to be registered, by law, and ICT have always seemed very efficient at complying with this requirement. There are dozens of former and current directors on the record.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, 12th Man said:

After a lot of pressure was applied! 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

There are just so many rumours flying about just now. I heard another one this morning, but because it's no more than a rumour and a well tried one at that, I'm not going to propagate it. Rumours tend to be like new manager predictions - 90%+ of them are wrong.

What a waste of a post. Just like the nonsense you write for the highland news.

I do not want any warnings for this as, if your happy to take a wage writing for the public you take the the praise or criticism publically

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, ferben1994 said:

What a waste of a post. Just like the nonsense you write for the highland news.

I do not want any warnings for this as, if your happy to take a wage writing for the public you take the the praise or criticism publically

I would certainly have a fat chance of getting a wage from anyone if my spelling, punctuation etc. were as bad as yours! :lol:

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2