Little rant

Westhill1

I know we have all been critical of the club of late and some of the recent comments have been over the top! However we really need to start getting  the basics right for instance I was down at the stadium this morning hoping to purchase a new away top for my son and surprise surprise the club shop was closed with no notification of whether it would be open or not! The doors to reception were also closed. Do they want our money? Granted I could have phoned / tweeted beforehand to check but come on it was 10.45 on a Saturday morning and I grudge spending my work lunch time through the week going down to the shop. It's time we got our act together its little or basic things like this that gives off the impression that we have a amateur set up! I do not want to blame individuals here but the club as a whole who really need to step up a gear!

• Agree 4

13 minutes ago, Westhill1 said:

I know we have all been critical of the club of late and some of the recent comments have been over the top! However we really need to start getting  the basics right for instance I was down at the stadium this morning hoping to purchase a new away top for my son and surprise surprise the club shop was closed with no notification of whether it would be open or not! The doors to reception were also closed. Do they want our money? Granted I could have phoned / tweeted beforehand to check but come on it was 10.45 on a Saturday morning and I grudge spending my work lunch time through the week going down to the shop. It's time we got our act together its little or basic things like this that gives off the impression that we have a amateur set up! I do not want to blame individuals here but the club as a whole who really need to step up a gear!

Totally agree with that! The club can be very amateurish with things like merchandising...For example - why didn't they have '2015 Scottish Cup winners' car stickers for sale? 

I got down when the Errea truck was here, but can fully appreciate that a weekday opening doesn't suit everyone. 

I seem to remember a few years ago that Debenhams in Eastgate centre used to have a small ICT stand for tops, etc - might be an idea to explore something like this again - the stadium shop (sorry, portakabin...) isn't very convenient for all.

The pop up shop in the market (prior to the cup final) did well, but the club said it would cost far too much to have a city centre dedicated shop, which is fair enough.

Fresh ideas needed....!!

They really are poor down there, I've seen me going to reception to ask if shop can be opened so I can buy a ticket or just have a look and I just get impression I'm simply wasting their time so I usually just rush off without really bothering. Even people looking to get tickets which could potentially be their first experience, get the obstacles and cold shoulder treatment. Place is a joke 

Edited by CableGuy
  • Agree 1

Anyone know if the shop is open tomorrow? I'm tempted to head down to grab one of the new strips before heading back to Edinburgh but as time is tight I don't want to head along only to find it closed.

Cheers!

When shop is shut normally there is a sign to say tickets can be purchased at reception .

If the shop was open maybe fans would buy more than just tickets if they could see what

merchandise is available . I'm not suggesting all day opening but a couple of guaranteed hours when 

fans are likely to be able to visit.  Maybe over lunch time ?

On 27 May 2017 at 0:29 PM, CableGuy said:

They really are poor down there, I've seen me going to reception to ask if shop can be opened so I can buy a ticket or just have a look and I just get impression I'm simply wasting their time so I usually just rush off without really bothering. Even people looking to get tickets which could potentially be their first experience, get the obstacles and cold shoulder treatment. Place is a joke 

I can't say I've experienced this at reception . Any time I have gone in I've seen a very pleasant girl not sure of her name but light coloured hair . She has always been very helpful . 

Edited by izzy

Just throwing it out there but here in Perth, St Johnstone have a deal with a small independent Sports shop for them to exclusively sell club kit outside of the Club Shop. Im not sure if the shop owner has anything to do with the club besides this deal but maybe ICT can look into something similar to that? Is there any small sports shops in Inverness that might be approached? 

30 minutes ago, LairdMattie said:

Just throwing it out there but here in Perth, St Johnstone have a deal with a small independent Sports shop for them to exclusively sell club kit outside of the Club Shop. Im not sure if the shop owner has anything to do with the club besides this deal but maybe ICT can look into something similar to that? Is there any small sports shops in Inverness that might be approached? 

They used to have a setup like thst with Debenhams in the Eastgate Centre a few years ago...