How times have changed!

Robert

Just think, the same Saturday two years ago, just 104 weeks, was our moment!

Sitting in the Hampden stand, less than 15 minutes from kick off.

A tremendous occasion and match, which we won the hard way.

Great memory, we can only hope for more in the future.

My football highlight!

24 minutes ago, Robert said:

Just think, the same Saturday two years ago, just 104 weeks, was our moment!

Sitting in the Hampden stand, less than 15 minutes from kick off.

A tremendous occasion and match, which we won the hard way.

Great memory, we can only hope for more in the future.

My football highlight!

Mine too, closely followed by the semi-final that season..was at Hampden in 2003 & 2004 when we reached the semis as a 1st division club..

Getting promoted to tbe premier the 1st time & beating Clyde to the 1st division title that year would be up there too..

Biggest ICT regret? Not being able to make it to Bucharest...

It was a fabulous day, I felt privileged to be there, and the look of bemusement on my North London office colleagues faces on the monday following when I bought in the celebratory doughnuts was just great!

Equally as good was the epic semi final win against Celtic which I managed to get to after an overnight Megabus trip up to Glasgow having watched Palace at home the previous day...can't remember the name of the pub I drank in near the ground before and after the match but that was special.

Sadly my other team couldn't quite replicate the achievement the following year at Wembley which made the SC win even more special

I hated the Scottish cup final, it was utter torture.  Decent first half and excellent goal but we were rotten in the second half and I'm still kind of amazed we won it.  Marley Watkins is owed a lot by this club for what he did in that game.

The semi-final is my favourite moment as a Caley fan, what a performance.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, ictchris said:

I hated the Scottish cup final, it was utter torture.  Decent first half and excellent goal but we were rotten in the second half and I'm still kind of amazed we won it.  Marley Watkins is owed a lot by this club for what he did in that game.

Certainly less tense & more unadulterated joy, know what you mean! 

Also enjoyed the open top bus & northern meeting park do the day after - made sure I savoured that to the full!!

Was there when we won the challenge cup (2003?) at Mcdermaid park when we beat Airdrie..I'll never, ever forget being there when we lifted the cup - watched the game again several times that weekend...!

Just now, jingsmonty said:

Certainly less tense & more unadulterated joy, know what you mean! 

Also enjoyed the open top bus & northern meeting park do the day after - made sure I savoured that to the full!!

Was there when we won the challenge cup (2003?) at Mcdermaid park when we beat Airdrie..I'll never, ever forget being there when we lifted the cup - watched the game again several times that weekend...!

Scottish cup, that is...

Still follow Marley Watkins on twitter & really chuffed for him just being selected for the Welsh squad - one of the best players we've ever had, what a find he was!! True gentleman too...

• Agree 1

Yes it was a very special day but I felt quite sad that evening with the thought that it could never be this good again.

I echo your thoughts about that fantastic week when we snatched promotion to the Premiership - I rate the Clyde and St Johnstone games as my all time favourite footy moments, and getting to hold the league trophy at the end of season party was pure magic!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ictchris said:

I was stressing more about the card display than I was about the game for the final.

Semi final was a belter. 

6 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

Mine too, closely followed by the semi-final that season..was at Hampden in 2003 & 2004 when we reached the semis as a 1st division club..

Getting promoted to tbe premier the 1st time & beating Clyde to the 1st division title that year would be up there too..

Biggest ICT regret? Not being able to make it to Bucharest...

All of the above for me too. I was just too busy to make Bucharest so decided I would try and make the next one when it comes around again.

Aye, really enjoyed the semi-final, even though beating Celtic was getting a bit passé by then (things have changed now, though).

Was dreading it if we'd made the play-offs and ended up paired with Falkirk. Coulda been payback time. In the end payback wasn't needed, and they didn't make it anyway.

22 hours ago, ictchris said:

I hated the Scottish cup final, it was utter torture.  Decent first half and excellent goal but we were rotten in the second half and I'm still kind of amazed we won it.

I watched it again recently, and I still got really tense and nervous during the second half!

The shop still has 443 copies of the DVDs, at a fiver each :amazed: