Richie Foran Has Left The Building

Renegade

Pretty sad for him that it didnt work out. Was totally on board with his appointment and so wanted it to work. And its not as if i expected miracles....maybe a run in the cups and a 6th - 10th place finnish would have been enuff for me. But alas, it wasnt to be. Wonder where that leaves Richie now. I do feel we had a man with the club and the area deep in his heart.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Yup its a sad end for a true club legend but not undeserved after last season.

Hope he moves on to good things in his pastures new.

Best of luck to him for the future he does deserve it really, he was just out of his depth.

• Agree 2

Genuinely feel sorry for him.  I was really hoping it was going to work at the start of the season but it just hasn't, at all.  Will we ever have another manager that loves the club and the area as much as he does?  I doubt it.

• Agree 3

I also feel sorry for him and hope he finds a future role in the game.

A great servant to the club, and a shame things did not work out as Manager.

Hopefully everyone respects that and, as when Kenny Cameron stepped down, we remember the good times.

That said, whether it was the club's decision of his, it is the right one.

Thanks for the memories Richie, a shame last season did not work out, but all the best!!

• Agree 3

Likewise - I really wanted Richie to succeed, but it just hasn't worked.

Lets remember Richie as an inspirational player & captain. He isn't the 1st player to struggle with the move into management (Franck Sauzee & Willie Miller spring to mind) and both are, rightly, still regarded as legends by their respective clubs.

Lets do likewise with Richie & wish him all the best for the future

• Agree 3

So sorry for Richie and his family that things didn't work out for him at ICT

I wish him well and all the best for his future wherever it may be . 

I would like to think he now gets the help he needs to progress with his 

career which he obviously loves . 

A great shame for Richie who will, without doubt, always be fondly remembered by ICT fans for the stalwart work and commitment he showed as a player but it clearly wasn't working out as manager and was showing no sign of doing so, so it was the right decision albeit a sad and difficult one. Congratulations to the new regime for having the courage to take this decision rather continuing with the damaging uncertainty and disunity. Now that the decision has been made can we please all reunite and get fully behind the new management team whoever they may be.

As far as Richie is concerned, if he has walked then credit to him and shows him to be the man we thought he was rather than the man he was risking becoming. Sincere and heartfelt good wishes to him and his young family whatever the future may hold for them.

Let the next chapter in our short but glorious story begin.

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

I don't blame Richie for this mess I blame KC and the directors who agreed to put him straight in at the top, a year as assistant to someone else might have bore fruit for next season, but even if lessons have been learnt here and potentially he could have done a better job next year, the confidence of the fans and respect of the players has been totally lost. No way back. Never nice to have to feel happy about anyone losing their job, but it's absolutely critical to our success and hopefully immediate return to the PL

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

I don't blame Richie for this mess I blame KC and the directors who agreed to put him straight in at the top, a year as assistant to someone else might have bore fruit for next season, but even if lessons have been learnt here and potentially he could have done a better job next year, the confidence of the fans and respect of the players has been totally lost. No way back. Never nice to have to feel happy about anyone losing their job, but it's absolutely critical to our success and hopefully immediate return to the PL

Spot on 

4 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

While the directors have to shoulder some of the responsibility nobody put a gun to his head to take the job. I presume he had to convince them he was ready. 

I agree the better course should have either been as assistant or to go to a lower league club to learn the trade for a few seasons.

Also interesting that the statement says he left the club but doesn't make clear under what circumstance. 

• Agree 2

Yup, respect to him if he walked.

Never pleasant to see someone losing their job ; all the best for the future to him and his family. Speaking from personal experience, leaving Inverness is a bit of a wrench.

Onwards and upwards : the next chapter in our glorious history beckons...........

9 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Goodness me, can people stop suggesting that he walked, or might not want compensation, just days after he stated that he was determined to carry on and bring us back up! 

Spot on.  If he had intended to 'walk' he'd have done it ages ago. So, a good chunk of compensation will have been agreed I feel sure.

Anyway, that is the end of a sorry chapter in our history.  Let us hope that the glory days return soon.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Spot on.  If he had intended to 'walk' he'd have done it ages ago. So, a good chunk of compensation will have been agreed I feel sure.

Anyway, that is the end of a sorry chapter in our history.  Let us hope that the glory days return soon.

Who would blame him for negotiating a compensation package? Richie does have a family to support & might give him some breathing space after a bruising season for us all.

24 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Goodness me, can people stop suggesting that he walked, or might not want compensation, just days after he stated that he was determined to carry on and bring us back up! 

And?

Maybe he was told that he was no longer needed and would be sacked - and then said he would walk.

I have no problem if he did claim compensation as it is what is he due, however, he seems the kind of guy who would wave it. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Bottom line Is this was the only sensible decision going forward. Have to separate Foran the player from Foran the manager. As a player was everything you want, quite the opposite as manager.

Lessons to be learned all round, but we have to move on in an upward manner. 

Unfortunately due to mismanagement at both Board level and Management of football side, a lot of people's jobs are at risk.

• Agree 2

Sadly not the first ex-player turned manager whose move has not worked out well (Palace's recent history is littered with such cases), I think many of us were concerned about his appointment, not least because he had no experience at all, and the club is quite light on resources and backup. But either the club or the man, or both have bitten the bullet, which I think gives us a better chance of a good go at getting out of the Championship. I'd like to think the board has an idea of who it wants as manager, and that we make a good fist of retaining key players for next season