Richie Foran Has Left The Building

Renegade

2 hours ago, ictchris said:

..."When Dundee United came in for Hughes last season we should've let him go.  We should've taken compensation and allowed him to leave - it was clear that we were stagnating, that Hughes' signings were dross but we also had a better squad and would've been an attractive prospect for a manager.  As it stands, I think our board decided to stand too firm against United, ended up falling out with Hughes and put us in the position of costing us money and trying to build Foran as manager on the cheap.  It hasn't worked and we're now down and Foran has had his managerial career sacrificed for it.  It's a sad indictment of the management of the club at all levels."...

At the time I was supportive of the rebuffs to better resourced clubs poaching our talent on the cheap and felt the board made the  right call. Turned out to be post cup euphoria. I'd have been unhappy if the board had let JH join united. The apparent bad management of the JH situation (which I can't help also pointing the finger at JH for) was then compounded by a short term financial decision with a rookie (long term) appointment and then most fans giving Richie too long.  I think I was still buying into RF saving us and was still not 100% sack him even after the first of his naive "must win" game comments.

Not sure about RF sacrificing his "managerial career". My own opinion is that he just joins a very long list of ex players who were not able to effectively  transfer there playing skills and experience to a coaching / management role.

19 hours ago, LairdMattie said:

I think you have said it best perfICT. I have a lot of respect for Richie and disappointed his first foray into managment has ended so poorly. 

All the best RF.

Same was a big critic of foran in hindsight not nice as he was 1 of the best players to wear a caley strip! Would've no doubts been a good assistant learn the job first! But hope he returns to football soon as good luck foran

• Agree 5

Would really like to know how much Foran and Cameron walked away with for their 11 months of car crash management. Maybe nothing and they did the honourable thing, but as taken for granted supporters it would be nice to know our Season Ticket money is going direct to the Club and not being used to subsidise pay offs.  

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

27 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Would really like to know how much Foran and Cameron walked away with for their 11 months of car crash management. Maybe nothing and they did the honourable thing, but as taken for granted supporters it would be nice to know our Season Ticket money is going direct to the Club and not being used to subsidise pay offs.  

Give it a rest the club will never release details of any personal payoff!

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, forresjags said:

And why not.... thought communication with the supporters was the way forward. 

Because it's confidential commercial information and no business would make such information public and rightly so.

• Agree 1

Agreed, the manager has left and its time to move on, but at what financial expense to the club. We are in a sh*t state no manager, half a squad, best players on the move and an assistant manager who is blamed by many on here for the part in RF downfall hiring and firing players.

How do you suggest we move on. 

2 hours ago, forresjags said:

I don't really care, to be honest!

Wouldn't have thought that Kenny Cameron would have had a payoff as he retired & we dud have a great deal if success under his stewardship, despute some recent poor decisions(which I won't go into again..).

If Richie Foran received a compensation package, fair enough - he did have a 4 year contract (which wasn't his fault!) & a mortgage to pay/family to support. Anyway, basic employment law would have to be observed - he might not have been a success, but he wadn't guilty of gross misconduct, or sone other sackable offence.

Time to move on & look forward!

Edited by jingsmonty
Additional text
  • Agree 1

Surprised you do not care, all through last  season we were told by the majority on here how JH leaving cleared us out financially and was the reason we were struggling with a meagre budget. He was public enemy No 1. Now not a peep, how things change eh .

• Agree 1

W/regards to Foran - I have no clue and as previous posters have said, we will never know in detail as it is confidential business information. You might be able to jump to a semi-valid conclusion if you pore through next year's accounts and compare staff costs or other categories, but the information is not going to be made public ... never has before and never will be in future ....

W/regards to Kenny Cameron : He retired. end of story. no payoff there. To be honest, I am getting quite sick of the attacks on his character in multiple threads. Those that know him know he is a polite, soft-spoken, honest and genuine guy, who always had time to talk to any fans who wander into the stadium and ask for a chat. He is also a man who cares deeply about ICT and its fans (I have watched him go to bat for the 'kids' in the north stand on more than one occasion when he was a director and not yet chairman and those kids were getting hassle from overbearing stewards) and under his stewardship we did maintain our spot in the Premiership (until this year), won the Cup and got into Europe. Did he make a mistake with RF? Yes he did, and with the benefit of hindsight I am sure he would tell you the same thing ... although at the time (almost) everyone seemed happy with the natural progression that fans had talked about for years with Richie foran moving into the manager's chair. He might not be everyone's idea of a 'football man' but he has been around the club for almost as long as it has existed in various roles. He has put far more into it than he has ever taken out (like most current or former directors and chairmen). Did he get a financial benefit from ICT? Depends how you look at it .... the cynical would say yes and damn the details, but to my knowledge he is (or was) not pulling in a wage, but like many who have preceded him (and likely those that follow him) he has claimed reasonable expenses from the club for going about the job of chairman. You want to rip off a football club? or get rich running it? .... then you dont pick a perennial loss making team like ICT where every penny is watched ... and anyone who thinks differently is living in cloud cuckoo land !

• Agree 10
  • Disagree 1

Agree with all of the above.  If the season just past has told us anything, it's that a section of our fans are rather classless.  The demonisation of Kenny Cameron was appalling and the chanting from the stands about him was an embarrassment. 

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

W/regards to Foran - I have no clue and as previous posters have said, we will never know in detail as it is confidential business information. You might be able to jump to a semi-valid conclusion if you pore through next year's accounts and compare staff costs or other categories, but the information is not going to be made public ... never has before and never will be in future ....

W/regards to Kenny Cameron : He retired. end of story. no payoff there. To be honest, I am getting quite sick of the attacks on his character in multiple threads. Those that know him know he is a polite, soft-spoken, honest and genuine guy, who always had time to talk to any fans who wander into the stadium and ask for a chat. He is also a man who cares deeply about ICT and its fans (I have watched him go to bat for the 'kids' in the north stand on more than one occasion when he was a director and not yet chairman and those kids were getting hassle from overbearing stewards) and under his stewardship we did maintain our spot in the Premiership (until this year), won the Cup and got into Europe. Did he make a mistake with RF? Yes he did, and with the benefit of hindsight I am sure he would tell you the same thing ... although at the time (almost) everyone seemed happy with the natural progression that fans had talked about for years with Richie foran moving into the manager's chair. He might not be everyone's idea of a 'football man' but he has been around the club for almost as long as it has existed in various roles. He has put far more into it than he has ever taken out (like most current or former directors and chairmen). Did he get a financial benefit from ICT? Depends how you look at it .... the cynical would say yes and damn the details, but to my knowledge he is (or was) not pulling in a wage, but like many who have preceded him (and likely those that follow him) he has claimed reasonable expenses from the club for going about the job of chairman. You want to rip off a football club? or get rich running it? .... then you dont pick a perennial loss making team like ICT where every penny is watched ... and anyone who thinks differently is living in cloud cuckoo land !

Well said....there are a lot of issues at the club, for sure, but sniping about poor decisions made in the past are pointless. Kenny Cameron always struck me as a decent guy who cared about the club & we did have a very sucessful period under his stewardship. 

Yes, Foran's appointment (and, particularly, the 4 year contract) were a mistake, but hindsight is a great thing!

• Agree 4

5 hours ago, forresjags said:

Agreed, the manager has left and its time to move on, but at what financial expense to the club. We are in a sh*t state no manager, half a squad, best players on the move and an assistant manager who is blamed by many on here for the part in RF downfall hiring and firing players.

How do you suggest we move on. 

By appointing a manager, a general manager and recruiting a squad - the betfred cup games are only 3 weeks away.

More important than focusing on what went on in the past...

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

By appointing a manager, a general manager and recruiting a squad - the betfred cup games are only 3 weeks away.

More important than focusing on what went on in the past...

Erm, they're six weeks away aren't they?

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well said Scotty. I too am finding the personal attacks re KC  out of order 

• Agree 5

9 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

If Richie Foran received a compensation package, fair enough - he did have a 4 year contract

Whilst RF did have a 4 year contract ,by all accounts there were break options in the clubs favour, but doubt that will be made public knowledge ,so admitedly doubt anyone apart from RF and Board will know real truth.

Considering the make up of the Board at RFs appointment I do not believe they would give a straight 4 year contract to a rookie as that would be against all business principles so more inclined to go with the break options over a 4 year term .

3 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Well said Scotty. I too am finding the personal attacks re KC  out of order 

I think you will find that those who have resorted to personal attacks don't know the man at all. They speak out of ignorance and sheer ingratitude for all the hard work and success prior to one hugely disappointing season.

• Agree 4