Richie Foran Has Left The Building

Renegade

Kenny Cameron was also a very polite man and  welcomed approaches and ideas from really genuinely interested  parties who wanted to express their opinion politely and with well thought out views. And if you were lucky enough to be a guest of the club this visit  would inevitably turn out to be a super experience where you would leave that club at the end of the day glowing with happiness and satisfaction. Now that takes real caring and a genuine interest from his heart to generate those kinds of feelings in any fan.

And he was more than willing to share his time in advancing solid ideas in practical form alongside  the person who wanted to actually do something  positive. I know that to be a joyous fact from personal experience.

There is no need for me to elaborate further but those who now denigrate him simply don't know him, his generosity of spirit, his sacrifices on behalf of, and his love for, the club and his willingness to give positive support to any suggestion that had any chance of success both for the club and for the enjoyment and emotional fulfilment of the person/fan who approached him for his support.

Not to mention the glowing cheeks and heart of a little, disabled boy who once had a whale of a day on a matchday prior to leaving Inverness for another place.

Good luck, Kenny, and God Bless You for all your hard work and loyalty to our Caley Thistle football club.

• Agree 8

• 2 months later...

Looking at the comments over the last couple of days it seems Richie is still getting paid by the club. Sadly Richie as manager never worked out and i for one was glad when he was removed from his position. His removal however was left far too late and in my opinion this should have happened after the heavy defeat away to Hamilton.  There is talk that Richie will get paid for the length of his contract which i think would still have 3 years or so remaining.  This is purely rumour and not fact. If this is the case then surely the club would be better having Richie working in some capacity within the club. His management might have been a failure but i for one still think he could offer a lot to the club and the players. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

A six month notice period? Jesus wept.

At least it's not 3 Years!! Really hope we are not still paying Yogi as well (doubt it, circumstances of his departure were different - it was a 'by mutual consent' type departure I think, guessing he got a payout of part/all of his contract when he left).

Personally, if it's a 6 month notice, I can live with that - not ideal, but think the club got off lightly (apart from being relegated, obviously!), given RF had a 4 year deal (madness ....).

It ought to be, but all too often that is not the case. It depends what clauses are in the contract.  The contract needs to assume that the employee is far from the person you think they are when you first employ them.  One gets the impression that some recent contracts have not been too clever in this regard. 

It's bit like a pre nuptial agreement. It might seem rather contrary to the spirit in which you enter a relationship, but without one you can find yourself in big trouble if things don't work out.