New Manager

Pele_Is_God

The selection of candidates named on STV news is not exactly inspirational, Barry Wilson seems to be touting for Sheerin and is implying that the appointment should be made sooner rather than later.

Without having anyone on the board with any depth of football knowledge I do not think this appointment should be rushed, It is in no way imperative that a decision should be taken now, players will still be available in a week or two.

Neither was I impressed that the Chairman is currently on holiday doesn't really smack of commitment does it.

Edited by bughtmaster
Typing error
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, jingsmonty said:

I wish people would stop touting Butcher for the job - he's had his time & we need to look forward & leave previous managers out of it.

And Malpas.  He was offered the job when Butcher went and turned it down.  We should leave his 'come and get me' plea unheeded. 

• Agree 3

I don't think we need to be in any rush to get a new manager and the board should wait until all app,I actions are in and be very open minded.  I personally have not got excited about a single name mentioned so far bar no one. 

13 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

Jim Duffy is worth considering.  Yes I know he may seem dull and uninspiring bu he has done a really solid job with Morton this season on a very tight budget.

I can't see him or any other central belters at clubs of equal stature and 'in the same league' come up here - Duffy, Hartley, Jack Ross etc. 

Likes of Darren Dods are more likely given it would be career progression. 

The more I think about it the more likely we may well have Malpas and Rice (in that pecking order) in charge. Maybe that is why the Chairman has gone on holiday as it is already all but sorted. With Charlie Christie or Danny MacDonald as General Manager/Director of Football.

Or maybe not? 

2 hours ago, Renegade said:

And Malpas.  He was offered the job when Butcher went and turned it down.  We should leave his 'come and get me' plea unheeded. 

Assuming that his salary demand was reasonable, I would be very happy with Malpas replacing Brian Rice as assistant, his track record as an assistant or as a senior coach is good but never please in the role of manager or DofF. His track record when managing in his own right is abysmal.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Barry Wilson said on stv news tonight. that the new chairman has gone on holiday and doesn't expect much to happen in the next couple of weeks! 

:shrug:

In this world of global connectivity, that is no reason at all to delay getting on with the decision that is so vital to the club's future.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Ten4 said:

Was Chris Sutton not interested in the job in the past ?

Interviewed for it twice I believe. When Butcher got it and when Butcher left. 

4 hours ago, Kind of Blue said:

Jim Duffy is worth considering.  Yes I know he may seem dull and uninspiring bu he has done a really solid job with Morton this season on a very tight budget.

I could live with him taking over and there would certainly be worse candidates but now we're on the same level as Morton, I doubt he'd be particularly interested. 

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Assuming that his salary demand was reasonable, I would be very happy with Malpas replacing Brian Rice as assistant, his track record as an assistant or as a senior coach is good but never please in the role of manager or DofF. His track record when managing in his own right is abysmal.

This is exactly my thoughts. I'm fine with Malpas as assistant or as a coach but certainly not as the manager. 

Edited by Renegade

6 hours ago, Renegade said:

Think it was the General Manager post Malpas was referring to _which I probably could see him doing...maybe...not sure if I want to, though) - really don't see him going for the managers job, would almost be like stabbing RF in the back...

Edited by jingsmonty
Additional text

9 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Interviewed for it twice I believe. When Butcher got it and when Butcher left. 

I could live with him taking over and there would certainly be worse candidates but now we're on the same level as Morton, I doubt he'd be particularly interested. 

This is exactly my thoughts. I'm fine with Malpas as assistant or as a coach but certainly not as the manager. 

Would agree with that, but think the new manager probably would want his own man in. Are we maybe talking about MM mentoring someone who is relatively new to management?

Like I said before, the general manager post should be filled first, as this has implications as to who the manager will - can't see an 'experienced' gaffer wanting to work with them..

Shiels is manager of Derry City so I doubt would be that interested (Stephen Kenny, formerly of Dunfermline and now of Dundalk was another who crossed my mind but I doubt he'd be interested either). For all his trolling and controversy though, behind the scenes seemingly Shiels is a very guy and his knowledge of the game is apparently superb. 

Edited by Renegade

And, of course, we don't appear to have been informed whether or not Richie resigned or was politely shoved out the door.

In the case of the first  event there may still be a penny or two in the kitty since they  maybe did not have to cough up ALL of that money that he might have claimed he was entitled to?

In the second case  he would, almost certainly, for all the reasons oft repeated  for weeks on here, have insisted on getting his contractually-specified pound of flesh. Good for  you, Mr. Foran because that was probably the contract term to which , at law, you are  entitled.  And we almost all,, to a man or woman, agree that in all conscience you did try your best  but just failed to inspire so you are in a similar position to the likes of David Moyes and many others left in a similar failed  position who all walked out the door with their briefcase bulging with dough.. Why you were given a 4-year Agreement, however, is the moot question of the ICT day.........

9 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

In this world of global connectivity, that is no reason at all to delay getting on with the decision that is so vital to the club's future.

Nothing better than face to face dealings Kingsmills. Old school methods I know.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic