New Manager

Pele_Is_God

Maybe BR at the wheel is a possibility? +Experienced coach , knows club and already contracted players, solid senior career, already contracted=£savings. Step up for one of senior players to assistant/player.

- not a fresh face if we want a shake up. 

Maybe steady as she goes is what's needed. Lots of things I don't know such as his real influence last season on dressing room, tactics, selections (Did he know how to fix problems but couldn't implement because of manager decisions). Also don't know his personal back story in enough detail.

I'm thinking ranieri / Shakespeare at Leicester as an example (admittedly we didn't have a ranieri in the hot seat).

30 minutes ago, RiG said:

An interesting read on Stevie Aitken at Dumbarton and whether he might be a good fit for ICT.

http://auchterarderchippy.com/2017/06/02/stretching-a-shoestring-does-stevie-aitken-deserve-a-shot-at-a-full-time-club/

I'd much rather take a chance on him than Paul Sheerin. Young manager, learned a lot and has experience in the league.

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

I'd much rather take a chance on him than Paul Sheerin. Young manager, learned a lot and has experience in the league.

Both Aitken & Sheerin are worth considering..take your point that Aitken has more managerial experience though

Dont know anything about him but that article about Aitken is a pretty good sell job on his abilities. Ability to work on a shoestring, an eye for a player, attractive football, and used to rebuilding after losing players to bigger (or richer) clubs .... sounds like a good fit.

I also like the idea of Sheerin but I have reservations on that front. We have just dispensed with one club playing legend who couldn't get the job done in the big chair and it would be sad if we employed another club legend and the same fate befell him. 

• Agree 3

I'd be amazed if we go for someone like Aitken.  I doubt (and hope) that none of the speculation is relevant - we've just revamped the board so it's doubtful that journalists will have relevant contacts with people at the club to get inside scoops on what is going on.

Our fans do seem to be obsessed with returning to previous managers and ex-players.  If Sheerin hadn't played for us, literally nobody would be suggesting him as a candidate

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, ictchris said:

I'd be amazed if we go for someone like Aitken.  I doubt (and hope) that none of the speculation is relevant - we've just revamped the board so it's doubtful that journalists will have relevant contacts with people at the club to get inside scoops on what is going on.

Our fans do seem to be obsessed with returning to previous managers and ex-players.  If Sheerin hadn't played for us, literally nobody would be suggesting him as a candidate

Lionel Jimmy Zabi for manager perhaps?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Scott Macdonald player/manager. You heard it first here.

Then you could add another couple of 34 year olds in Shaun Maloney or Kris Commons.

I`m increasingly warming to Steve Aitken or Darren Dods more so than Sheerin

5 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

What makes you think he'd be a better manager than Richie? 

Well obviously we need a wee bit more info like does he have coaching badges, who would be assistant. He probably has better contacts than Richie tho and he sounds like the type of manager we used to appoint? 

4 hours ago, ictchris said:

I'd be amazed if we go for someone like Aitken.  I doubt (and hope) that none of the speculation is relevant

Why?

And who do you realistically think we could get that would be better?

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic