New Manager

Pele_Is_God

James McFadden went through my mind earlier.  A top player, probably has contacts around Britain, just left Motherwell.  Would be the type of person I can imagine getting a job at a Championship team.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Renegade said:

James McFadden went through my mind earlier.  A top player, probably has contacts around Britain, just left Motherwell.  Would be the type of person I can imagine getting a job at a Championship team.

Thought this when I saw his contract expired at Well. I hope at least he's applied.

3 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Thought this when I saw his contract expired at Well. I hope at least he's applied.

I think Faddy may be a possibility, but, again - straight from the dressing room! However, maybe not an issue as at least he has some experience as assistant & he didn't come from our dressing room.

I would be open to Faddy getting the job, hope it would be as player/manager though..

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

And you had the cheek to criticise billy reid! Could do without another inexperienced manager! 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

And you had the cheek to criticise billy reid! Could do without another inexperienced manager! 

There's getting an experienced manager but Billy Reid - Lol 

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

I think Faddy may be a possibility, but, again - straight from the dressing room! However, maybe not an issue as at least he has some experience as assistant & he didn't come from our dressing room.

I would be open to Faddy getting the job, hope it would be as player/manager though..

Not quite. He was on the Motherwell coaching staff last season as well as playing - in fact, I've just checked and he was assistant manager. 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Not quite. He was on the Motherwell coaching staff last season as well as playing - in fact, I've just checked and he was assistant manager. 

That's what I said - 'he's has some experience as an assistant'. 

Worth an interview..

1 hour ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

McFadden's record in coaching is not too dissimilar to John Robertson's when he came here and he didn't do so badly when it came to getting us promoted to the top tier.

11 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Billy Reid already has an assistant management job in Scandinavia so I doubt he'll give that up to come here. The fact he's also a rubbish manager who plays dire football is another factor...

47 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Billy Reid already has an assistant management job in Scandinavia so I doubt he'll give that up to come here. The fact he's also a rubbish manager who plays dire football is another factor...

It's a NO from me for Billy Davies...always though he was a wee sh#*e to be honest!

Think it will be between (not in any particular order):

Sheerin, 

Hartley,

Aitken,

McFadden,

Dods,

McPherson (allegedly),

Lennon (I'd rather have the ghost of John, rather than Danny...),

Ranieri (just thought I'd throw that in...),

And anybody who has ever managed ICT before...

Sounds like Paul Hartley is about to become manager of the Celtic reserve team so I'd imagine he'll be out of the running.

It's funny how one bad spell can ruin an entire management career.  A couple of years back, I'd have had Mixu Paatelainen as manager in a shot - not now.  Same goes for Ian Murray.  I'd have been delighted had he taken over after doing such a good job at Dumbarton.  Changed days after his terrible spell at St Mirren though.

Edited by Renegade

7 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Sounds like Paul Hartley is about to become manager of the Celtic reserve team so I'd imagine he'll be out of the running.

It's funny how one bad spell can ruin an entire management career.  A couple of years back, I'd have had Mixu Paatelainen as manager in a shot - not now.  Same goes for Ian Murray.  I'd have been delighted had he taken over after doing such a good job at Dumbarton.  Changed days after his terrible spell at St Mirren though.

Just ask Richie Foran....

Some people might have a great CV but they need to be the right 'fit' for the club as well..

Have a feeling that someone totally unexpected who hasn't been mentioned will get the job..

2 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

It's a NO from me for Billy Davies...always though he was a wee sh#*e to be honest!

Think it will be between (not in any particular order):

Sheerin, 

Hartley,

Aitken,

McFadden,

Dods,

McPherson (allegedly),

Lennon (I'd rather have the ghost of John, rather than Danny...),

Ranieri (just thought I'd throw that in...),

And anybody who has ever managed ICT before...

Apologies - managed to get my Billys mixed up - don't want Reid OR Davies!!

1 hour ago, jingsmonty said:

James McFadden as manager with Scott McDonald as player/assistant?

Just a thought...

James McFadden that was sacked as an assistant to a dire Motherwell team that was almost relegated? That's appealing? What's his favoured system? What's his record on signings?

His experience is severely limited. His success non-existent. His ability to play is gone. I see no reason why we would sign McFadden.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, jingsmonty said:

Apologies - managed to get my Billys mixed up - don't want Reid OR Davies!!

Billy Davies, the man that got little Preston to the play-offs final, got Derby promoted to the Premiership against all predictions and got a basket-case of Notts Forest to the play-offs? I'd be happy with that, although there's no chance of him coming up here.

Billy Reid did a great job at Hamilton and basically laid the foundations for all their success. The emphasis on youth and the organised system that they play is down to him. I'm not sure he's the person you want to come in and make a diffference straight away though. He was given a long run as Accies manager and waa able to out that in place. We need someone to come in, out a squad together and get us competing straight away. 

Billy Davies has an excellent track record as a manager in the second tier in England, I think it's highly doubtful that he's want to drop down to our level.  He's also a notoriously difficult person to get on with, although the lesser press scrutiny up here might be a good thing for him. I'd say there's little chance of him coming here though. I wish he would, if only so I could hear Bannerman try to interview him.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, starchief said:

James McFadden that was sacked as an assistant to a dire Motherwell team that was almost relegated? That's appealing? What's his favoured system? What's his record on signings?

His experience is severely limited. His success non-existent. His ability to play is gone. I see no reason why we would sign McFadden.

Absolutely agree has feck all managerial experience , once bitten and all that

4 hours ago, starchief said:

Not saying that's who I would want, just throwing an idea out there...

6 hours ago, starchief said:

Wasn't sacked...his contract expired

6 hours ago, starchief said:

Billy Davies, the man that got little Preston to the play-offs final, got Derby promoted to the Premiership against all predictions and got a basket-case of Notts Forest to the play-offs? I'd be happy with that, although there's no chance of him coming up here.

Davies has left a few jobs under a cloud, and gave an interview on Sportsound earlier season that was a bit cringey - he didn't come over very well. I'm assuming there's a reason he hasn't been in work for a while. 

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic