New Manager

Pele_Is_God

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Massively underwhelmed if it is Robertson.

Got us promoted first time round, should be able to attract some decent names, where's the issue?

Underwhelmed is surely synonymous with Sheerin.

• Agree 2

This is just utterly deflating.  Waiting around for weeks and we appoint someone who was good fourteen years ago, who hasn't had a job in five years, someone who hasn't had any success in football since leaving us.  Do the board not have any contact numbers for anyone other than former players or people they've heard of before?  

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Got us promoted first time round, should be able to attract some decent names, where's the issue?

Underwhelmed is surely synonymous with Sheerin.

John Hughes got us into Europe lets get him back and all. Robertson hasn't been in charge of a team in years and possibly hasn't worked at a full time club in over ten years. He's had zero success since he left us.

Some of the names banded about recently have been brutal. A bunch of ex ICT players and managers for seemingly no other reason than they used to play for or manage us.

If we go back up with him in charge fantastic but I can't help but feel that this is an absolute minter of an appointment.

ETA: This, apparently, won't be the last of the 'rewinds' that we will see at the club.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

John Hughes got us into Europe lets get him back and all. Robertson hasn't been in charge of a team in years and possibly hasn't worked at a full time club in over ten years. He's had zero success since he left us.

Some of the names banded about recently have been brutal. A bunch of ex ICT players and managers for seemingly no other reason than they used to play or manage us.

An absolute minter of an appointment.

This 

Just when you thought the ICT board couldnt make a bigger mess of it all we get this. 

Its the gift that just keeps giving 

Edited by mikeyrob73

Robbo, based on one good season in his managerial career 15 years ago. utter car crash since then. Do the board actually care about what the fans think on anything. Robbo would be near the top of nearly no-ones list. Backward/small time mentality as usual. 

This was the chance to start afresh and take the club in a new direction. Just such an uninspired choice.

• Agree 1

Oh well, let's just all make him a failure before he get's his chance. I seem to remember a Mr Foran was a welcome and mostly popular choice before the start of last season. That went well. 

Anyway, it's reassuring to know that we have so many experts on the forum able to make these judgements.

• Agree 6

2 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Oh well, let's just all make him a failure before he get's his chance. I seem to remember a Mr Foran was a welcome and mostly popular choice before the start of last season. That went well. 

Anyway, it's reassuring to know that we have so many experts on the forum able to make these judgements.

Come on Manny, its hardly an inspired appointment is it? What exactly has he done since he left us? Last club East Fife in 2012. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, mikeyrob73 said:

Come on Manny, its hardly an inspired appointment is it? What exactly has he done since he left us? Last club East Fife in 2012. 

I've no idea, but he was able to get us motivated enough before. Better than wasting any spare cash luring Sheerin here. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Just now, tm4tj said:

I've no idea, but he was able to get us motivated enough before. Better than wasting any spare cash luring Sheerin here. 

We've had to pay compensation for Robertson, according to the reports.  He is a development coach at Hearts, under 17s though rather than under 20s for Sheerin.  

when i first heard Robbo mentioned today i thought "Robbo as DoF, Lennon as Manager, thats not bad"

lets wait and see what transpires.

3 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

better yet, why not take someone completely random, that doesn't cost anything in compo and maybe isn't an ex-player?  spread the net a little wider?  exciting and different doesn't need to mean expensive.we keep shopping in the reduced section of the Co-Op, even taking stuff we've already returned.  Why not take a look at Aldi or Lidl?

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic