New Manager

Pele_Is_God

1 hour ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

As I said in another post, I'm not singing from the rooftops over this appointment, but if he does as well as when he was here last, then I'm sure we will all be delighted to praise the Board for their foresight.  And, I am certainly prepared to give him a chance, and really hope he succeeds.

I'd be happier if there was some action in confirming his assistant(s), plus letting us know what the overall management structure is going to be, (D Of F etc).  Not to mention the General Manager position (if that is really on the cards), and of course who is going to be responsible for communication with the fanbase, and what form this will take.

According to P&J, Brian Rice and Scotty Kellagher will be Robbos team

1 hour ago, SMEE said:

According to P&J, Brian Rice and Scotty Kellagher will be Robbos team

Would have liked to see Parky back. Think he's in Edinburgh just now - I've seen him sniffing round Spartans a few times.

39 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Would have liked to see Parky back. Think he's in Edinburgh just now - I've seen him sniffing round Spartans a few times.

He is working for the SFA as their head of coach education

• Agree 1

Robbo back, onwards and upwards. No sense in analysing it anymore. Let's hope we get some news of some signings and let's hope to actually hear more from the club in general! Its been said a few times but the general communication between the club and the fans has been next to non existent! Now that we have someone leading from the front let's hope we see and hear more activity, especially concerning the rebuilding of the team. I'm very excited for the new season. 

• Agree 2

Robbo had proved his dynamism before and INMHO to appoint him was to make sure they had a steady hand on the tiller. The club sure needs that in view of the recent catastrophic events. Once the ship stabilises then we are open to fresh ideas and progress.

A point to Biggin (above), For him it's obviously........ Biggin the Beguine........OR..."Let's get on with it , then, and let's get started"..:clapoverhead: 

• Agree 2

An underwhelming appointment in my opinion but we need to remember we are no longer a top flight side so someone who knows the club, knows the support and who has previously lived in Inverness are all positives in my eyes

The important thing now is for everyone to get fully behind Robbo and give him our support as this is possibly going to be the most important season that ICT have ever had

Without doubt he has a huge job in front of him and I just pray he gets sufficient funds to get players in because without investment there will be no hope for an imminent return to the SPFL

Anyway I wish him all the very best 

Dougal 

• Agree 1

Robbo - he was the manager when I first came onto this forum to share my wisdom.

Ah well, here we go again, just for old times sake:

I am optimistic about this appointment. Robbo knows his football and I don't believe he has been out of touch.

He was new to management when he first joined us, yet his notable success resulted in Hearts poaching him.

He's gained a few years' experience since then, so hopefully he'll produce the goods.

Incidentally it was refreshing to note that The Worm's recent visit to Inverness didn't attract any ill-guided speculation and rumour about his interest in the vacancy. He ain't interested!!!

Buckett--you're back, bejabbers!. Missed you!  Where have you been?:notworthy::cheer01:

And you agree with me that John Robertson is a tried and true professional and may just be what a very "down"  club can needs to recover just as quickly and surprise a lot of people.

This straight from the Canajin Sticks  too..........See you, Honey Chile!

18 hours ago, Harry Chibber said:

Normally think you're on the money with ICT ... stuff .. but I'm not sure how you could say Sheerin has experience, recent or not, he's managed at Arbroath (done well mind you) but managing a team demanding promotion would be a completely different ball game.  I love Sheerin, probably my favourite player at ICT over the years but I'm delighted he didn't get the job until he at least has one more managerial position. I'd have hated to see him bomb out

Lennon? Maybe.. but has done nothing since leaving St Mirren and dived at Alloa 

"After gaining just five points from their first sixteen games of the 2015–16 season, Lennon resigned as manager of Alloa Athletic on 7 December 2015" - Wiki

I don't think either of them are perfect but Sheerin has more relevant recent experience with Abroath.  Since Robertson had a job as a manager Danny Lennon has won a major trophy and taken St Mirren to their best finish in 25 years.  

I mean, Robertson might do well with us, circumstances can dictate who does well where and who gets which job.  I had heard that the day-to-day organisation on the playing side was lacking last season, with things slipping and not being set up correctly and I doubt Robertson will let that happen.  It's also good that he's kept on Scott Kellacher, who by all accounts is an excellent coach.  I think the fact that he was left hanging on whether he was staying, as per quotes in the Courier, is poor from the club.  You have to wonder about the way football is run sometimes.

• Agree 1

I am looking forward to the style of football Robbo will bring. I think our coaching team could have a nice balance about it and don't forget he could also call on Charlie Christie and Duncan Shearer. We have a lot of experience at the club and I think Robbo will benefit from it.

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

I am looking forward to the style of football Robbo will bring. I think our coaching team could have a nice balance about it and don't forget he could also call on Charlie Christie and Duncan Shearer. We have a lot of experience at the club and I think Robbo will benefit from it.

Shearer has gone was told in an email according to th P & J today 

20 minutes ago, IBM said:

Shearer has gone was told in an email according to th P & J today 

That's fucking pathetic if that's true.

The P & J are also running a story that Danny MacDonald is the new GM.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

That's ******* pathetic if that's true.

That is effin disgraceful.  What kind of club has this become? 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

That is effin disgraceful.  What kind of club has this become? 

I agree entirely. If true it is a disgrace on those responsible. I am not the biggest fan of Duncan Shearer after the way he conducted himself during his and Pele's move to Pittodrie. However, no reasonable employer should ever treat any employee in such a manner. Nobody deserves to learn that they've lost their job my email. No doubt other fine backroom staff will go as a result of our reduced financial circumstances and I sincerely hope that they are treated with more respect and common decency than DS seems to have been.

I am proud to support my home town team but I am ashamed of the way we have been conducting ourselves lately. There was a welcome apology after the appalling initial statement on season tickets but, if this is true, then no genuine lesson has been learned. There is an announcement before every home game that we are a family club and I hope that we are. High time that those now at the head of the ICT family started treating the family members, particularly those losing their livelihood through no fault of their own with some humility and humanity.

• Agree 6

There are 2 sides to every story and I'd be surprised (and appalled) if this were as clear cut as is being portrayed. 

The other significant aspect of this story, which nobody has mentioned, is that Shearer is no longer required because we have decided not to enter the Development League. 

• Agree 1

It'll be interesting to see how Robbo's tactics are this season.  I recollect last time he seemed to move away from Paterson's 3-5-2 and went 4-3-3 (with three strikers) and at times 4-4-2.  We were quite a direct side as I recall (and obviously having Bobby Mann pinging the ball out from the back was a big bonus).

4 hours ago, RiG said:

That's ******* pathetic if that's true.

Hey watch the language or I`ll get you de-modified !

35 minutes ago, Renegade said:

It'll be interesting to see how Robbo's tactics are this season.  I recollect last time he seemed to move away from Paterson's 3-5-2 and went 4-3-3 (with three strikers) and at times 4-4-2.  We were quite a direct side as I recall (and obviously having Bobby Mann pinging the ball out from the back was a big bonus).

Sounds good to me..

17 minutes ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

I'm told it's true.

I'm also told that it may be expanded on in another newspaper tomorrow...

Irrespective of whether or not we had a development side going into this season to get rid of a long standing employee of the club by email is absolutely scandalous*.

*Disclaimer: Again, if this is true.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, RiG said:

Irrespective of whether or not we had a development side going into this season to get rid of a long standing employee of the club by email is absolutely scandalous*.

*Disclaimer: Again, if this is true.

Totally agree - very shabby way to treat someone

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

There are 2 sides to every story and I'd be surprised (and appalled) if this were as clear cut as is being portrayed. 

The other significant aspect of this story, which nobody has mentioned, is that Shearer is no longer required because we have decided not to enter the Development League. 

There are indeed two sides to every story but in this case it's pretty simple. Either he was dismissed by email or he wasn't. If this allegation, which causing further damage to the reputation and image of our club and those now charged with running and being the public face of it.is false then it is important that a correction and clarification is issued without delay. If there is silence, and we've been far too good at silence recently, only one inference will be drawn from that.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic