New Manager

Pele_Is_God

22 hours ago, buckett said:

Robbo - he was the manager when I first came onto this forum to share my wisdom.

Ah well, here we go again, just for old times sake:

I am optimistic about this appointment. Robbo knows his football and I don't believe he has been out of touch.

He was new to management when he first joined us, yet his notable success resulted in Hearts poaching him.

He's gained a few years' experience since then, so hopefully he'll produce the goods.

Incidentally it was refreshing to note that The Worm's recent visit to Inverness didn't attract any ill-guided speculation and rumour about his interest in the vacancy. He ain't interested!!!

Aw wish Id known he was home for a bit. Cant see him ever coming back to the highlands to live tbh 

9 hours ago, RiG said:

That's ******* pathetic if that's true.

The P & J are also running a story that Danny MacDonald is the new GM.

Aberdeen Journals only print 100% truths. Not!!!!

Sometimes the only thing in a newspaper that is correct is what is on the telly!!!

Hope Shearer wasn't let go like that though. Great servant of ICT and Scotland. Saw him score a great goal for Scotland in Helsinki in September 1994. Got a boot in the head from a Finnish defender as well. Handled it well though, as all shinty players would :lol:

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Renegade said:

It'll be interesting to see how Robbo's tactics are this season.  I recollect last time he seemed to move away from Paterson's 3-5-2 and went 4-3-3 (with three strikers) and at times 4-4-2.  We were quite a direct side as I recall (and obviously having Bobby Mann pinging the ball out from the back was a big bonus).

4 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

Sounds good to me..

That sounds even better having Bobby Mann back :lol:

48 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

maybe this will encourage the alarmists to use rumour mill in future:-

I only quoted from the paper copy of the P & J this morning so unable to post a link!  :oops:They may well have the wrong information but were the club slow in issuing a statement? 

• Agree 2

In retrospect, maybe some should refrain from posting damaging criticism directed at the club before the truth has been revealed.

Just saying :shrug:

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 2

Voicemail, not email.

Still terrible though - everybody knows the correct way to announce Shearer's departure from ICT is to let him do it himself in a gloating manner on a low budget TV show with Tam Cowan.....

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Tomorrow's P&J says Shearer was told of his departure by voicemail.  It also includes his own quotes confirming it.  Poor show from Caley Thistle.

Renegade you are being an alarmist :wink: I will wait for my paper to drop through the letterbox before saying anything :lol:

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Tomorrow's P&J says Shearer was told of his departure by voicemail.  It also includes his own quotes confirming it.  Poor show from Caley Thistle.

If true. It is a very poor show indeed. The trouble is that the statement now issued attempts to put things right but does not refute the initial allegation. If it's not true the club need to deny it. If it is true then, as well as thanking Shearer for his work they need to be apologising for how his time at the club was brought to an end. 

38 minutes ago, Renegade said:

In that case there appears to be a severe inconsistency between the report in question and this link first posted by Scotty.

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1940-duncan-steps-down-with-the-club-s-thanks

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Not inconsistent - the Chairman phoned Shearer and initially left a voicemail, then phoned again and spoke to him properly. Source - Shearer comments in The Sun.

And as we all know, newspapers are reliable and only report truths. And why should the club refute anything? If they spend all their time answering newspapers and fan forums, they'll take their eye from the prize on the running of a football club!!

4 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Voicemail, not email.

Still terrible though - everybody knows the correct way to announce Shearer's departure from ICT is to let him do it himself in a gloating manner on a low budget TV show with Tam Cowan.....

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Not inconsistent - the Chairman phoned Shearer and initially left a voicemail, then phoned again and spoke to him properly. Source - Shearer comments in The Sun.

Gave you a green dot for your first post Yngwie. You then ruined it with your next post in mentioning 'The Sun' :notlistening:

• Agree 1

Notwithstanding the Shearer question it's rather hard to believe that the club think that ditching the U20s is a smart move at the same time County have just lifted the development league title.  If you're the ICT supporting parent of a promising 12 year old and both clubs come in for you which club would appear to be offering a clearer pathway to first team football and what would be the point of sticking with ICT if you're currently a stand out for the ICT under 15s?  You'd have thought we might have learned our lesson from the Stuart Armstrong situation when we last were demoted.  I would very much appreciate if the club could make a clear statement as to how they see the youth set up functioning given the absence of an outlet for U20s.  As a youth football coach myself I truly am all ears on this one.

• Agree 2

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1269483/shearer-frustrated-did-not-get-face-to-face-meeting-with-caley-thistle/

So folk on here think the appropriate way to tell someone their services are no longer needed is to do it via email and leaving a voicemail rather than have a face to face chat with them? Regardless of how Shearer left the club before two wrongs don't make a right and this is a pretty shoddy way to treat a long serving club employee. Whilst there was a follow up phone call between the chairman and Shearer that doesn't disguise the fact that it was initially handled in a piss poor manner. 

Yet again the club find themselves having to take corrective action to clear up another PR mistake. We just don't seem to learn.

• Agree 6

25 minutes ago, RiG said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1269483/shearer-frustrated-did-not-get-face-to-face-meeting-with-caley-thistle/

So folk on here think the appropriate way to tell someone their services are no longer needed is to do it via email and leaving a voicemail rather than have a face to face chat with them? Regardless of how Shearer left the club before two wrongs don't make a right and this is a pretty shoddy way to treat a long serving club employee. Whilst there was a follow up phone call between the chairman and Shearer that doesn't disguise the fact that it was initially handled in a **** poor manner. 

Yet again the club find themselves having to take corrective action to clear up another PR mistake. We just don't seem to learn.

Spot on. Im as happy clappy as they come but this is shabby pure and simple 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Spot on. Im as happy clappy as they come but this is shabby pure and simple 

Not necessarily as who knows whats really happened.

Big Dunc is obviously a legend up here but and i am just playing devils advocate here in defense of our club what if he was just a wee bit bitter at losing his role and this story has been embelished knowing about the previous pr blunder. 

Just sayin we shouldn't be ready as fans to tarnish the clubs name when not one of us actually knows what really happened.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Just now, ferben1994 said:

Not necessarily as who knows whats really happened.

Big Dunc is obviously a legend up here but and i am just playing devils advocate here in defense of our club what if he was just a wee bit bitter at losing his role and this story has been embelished knowing about the previous pr blunder. 

Just sayin we shouldn't be ready as fans to tarnish the clubs name when not one of us actually knows what really happened.

I believe DSs story is accurate. Decent sources. 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, old caley girl said:

I believe DSs story is accurate. Decent sources. 

My sources say the same. As alluded to in my post yesterday, I heard about the story in The Sun yesterday lunchtime. The club's statement smacks of a desperate attempt at damage limitation. 

I bet the new chairman may have been told where to stick his 'Duncan Shearer Cup!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, RiG said:

So folk on here think the appropriate way to tell someone their services are no longer needed is to do it via email and leaving a voicemail rather than have a face to face chat with them? Regardless of how Shearer left the club before two wrongs don't make a right and this is a pretty shoddy way to treat a long serving club employee. Whilst there was a follow up phone call between the chairman and Shearer that doesn't disguise the fact that it was initially handled in a piss poor manner. 

You disgraceful 'alarmist' you. Commenting on bad press just because it appears to be true :smile:

I heard Robbo on Sportsound yesterday and was very impressed by what he had to say .He spoke with a lot of passion and determination to do well .Has been over the border looking at a couple of new signings but didn't give anything away to jeopardise that . Apparently although he hasn't managed for five years it's not been for the want of offers ,but the right one came up last week !! Spoke highly of our fan base of loyal fans although not huge but hopes that will change . It felt like the backbone is evident once more . Personally I can't wait for season to start and wish him every success and hope he can do the necessary for us . Go Robbo !!!!!

• Agree 10

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic