New Manager

Pele_Is_God

4 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I'd like a completely new approach and a completely new direction.  A foreign manager might be the way to go.

Wasn't Richie Foran a foreign manager (technically..)? 

Nitpicking aside (sorry!), I'd rather someone with a good knowledge of Scottish football.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

Wasn't Richie Foran a foreign manager (technically..)? 

Nitpicking aside (sorry!), I'd rather someone with a good knowledge of Scottish football.

Irish people aren't foreign, despite the Republic being an independent nation.  I've mentioned him before but Paul Telfer was very close to getting the job when Hughes did.  We've done well recruiting from the lower English leagues and he'd have a lot of contacts down there, as well as Scotland and America.  He'd be an intriguing choice.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Renegade said:

Irish people aren't foreign, despite the Republic being an independent nation.  I've mentioned him before but Paul Telfer was very close to getting the job when Hughes did.  We've done well recruiting from the lower English leagues and he'd have a lot of contacts down there, as well as Scotland and America.  He'd be an intriguing choice.

Interesting...guess we will all have to wait & see. 

Maybe it will be someone totally unexpected..

If we decided to go for a relatively experienced manager, I would be happy with Paul Hartley. I know he had one poor season with Dundee but he has a very good track record and has experience of the division and, more to the point, has had success in being promoted out of it.

If we are looking at someone less experienced, for me it would be Darren Dods. He knows the club and the area and has Brechin playing football which is both successful and, by all accounts, attractive on a very limited budget.

If we were going slightly left field, then Paul Telfer may well be worth a punt.

18 minutes ago, Dargo20 said:

Jack Ross has done a great job at St Mirren and previously at Alloa one of the best young Managers in Scotland

I'd like Jack Ross, but would he leave St Mirren who, to be fair, are at the same sort of level as us right now?

24 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

If we decided to go for a relatively experienced manager, I would be happy with Paul Hartley. I know he had one poor season with Dundee but he has a very good track record and has experience of the division and, more to the point, has had success in being promoted out of it.

If we are looking at someone less experienced, for me it would be Darren Dods. He knows the club and the area and has Brechin playing football which is both successful and, by all accounts, attractive on a very limited budget.

If we were going slightly left field, then Paul Telfer may well be worth a punt.

Not that keen on Hartley, given his alleged reluctance to move here last time he was interviewed - decent manager, though.

Don't know of Paul Telfer, but Darren Dods would be a decent appointment too

I would like Alex Neil but doubt it somehow.

I think it will be Sheerin or Hartley

I hope it's not one of the regular managerial merry go round dinosaurs

Nobody better say Jimmy Calderwood or Mark mcgee :crazy:

Just something to think about regarding about a couple of the names in the frame - how successful have former players been as ICT manager?

Brewster 2nd time around* was very poor and got us relegated.

Foran was an absolute disaster and got us relegated.

* Brewster was an ex player when he joined us the 2nd time but wasn't the first time!

Paul Hartley - no thanks. Scruffy wee so and so who didn't want to move here last time. So he can keep swigging his bottle of Buckfast at 'The Barras'

Paul Telfer - Interesting and different. He appears to be a free agent as such on Googling him. 

Paul Sheerin - How successful has he been with Aberness Under 20's or whatever he does at Aberness? 

Jack Ross - As stated above, St Mirren and us are much and such. They're probably more attractive tbh with their new stadium & central location to someone like him. 

Darren Dods - Also intersting and pips the others given his record with Brechin, past knowledge of ICT and current knowledge of Championship, League 1 and therefore potential players to look at recruiting. Also, we are a step up from Brechin stature wise. 

Brian Rice - promote him? (only joking) :ictscarf:

22 minutes ago, ferben1994 said:

I would like Alex Neil but doubt it somehow.

I think it will be Sheerin or Hartley

I hope it's not one of the regular managerial merry go round dinosaurs

Nobody better say Jimmy Calderwood or Mark mcgee :crazy:

Not forgetting Ossie Ardilles, of course..

Would only say 'Jimmy Calderwood' or 'Mark McGee' to say 'nooooooo'!!!

• Scotty pinned and featured this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic