League Cup Draw

The Mantis

The season from hell is just over and yet Friday sees the draw for the League Cup sections, which start on 15th July. 

Despite finishing 12th in the Premiership, ICT are one of the 4 top seeds in the Northern section, along with Hearts, Dundee and County.

Second seeds are DUFC, DAFC, Hibs and Falkirk.

Then there are 12 unseeded clubs from Raith Rovers down to Buckie Thistle, making 4 groups of 5.

• Agree 1

It seems that one of the main tweeters has left their post. Shame no one else was able to step in. I'm in no way having a go at the club about this but given how important social media is these days I was surprised not to see any activity on the ICT account about the competition. Some of the stuff has been a bit cringe over the years but for the most part it's a good account to follow and the club has become quite well known for it. Shame if things do go a bit quieter on this front in the future.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Well here's hoping that one of the accounts man posters returns and carries on where he left off seeing as he practically built up the number of followers himself.

Agree. Coverage of the Superbowl was weird but I'd say it's balanced out by some of the comedy football tweets (The Meekings cracking save Tweet for example) which gathered a lot of attention for the club. Shame but hopefully the other guys can step in and pick things up.

8 hours ago, Fraz said:

Not sure I follow what you mean.

Big caleyD has hung up his media-team jeckit. The point I was trying to make is that there was always a big deal made about how so many people 'working' at the club were volunteers giving up their time for free.  Then the day that people at the club were to be told whether they were being kept on or not, a volunteer resigns...hmmm....

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

11 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Big caleyD has hung up his media-team jeckit. The point I was trying to make is that there was always a big deal made about how so many people 'working' at the club were volunteers giving up their time for free.  Then the day that people at the club were to be told whether they were being kept on or not, a volunteer resigns...hmmm....

OK cool. Let us know when an acceptable time is for volunteers to hang up thor boots (metaphorically). 

• Agree 1

Couldn't be better. Can't make Falkirk or Brechin but we play them in the league anyway. 18th and 29th are perfect for me as we're away 19th-28th, watching the Scotland Women at the Euros :twothumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent prices for the Brechin (and Falkirk) games. Obviously the free entry for ST holders is only for the Brechin game. Good stuff from the club.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 3