Clear out

Bronson

Reading online on p&j this morning about all those that have left the club. The ones they state have left are -

Meekings

Fisher

Ainier

Billy Mackay

Ebbe

Cole

King

Laing

Horner

Brown

And the new chairman is on holiday!!

Edited by Bronson

Daily Express say that McNaughton, Anier, Laing and Horner are not wanted, whilst Fisher and Meekings are expected to turn down contract offers. However, this is the paper that announced we were sticking with Foran.......

4 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Daily Express say that McNaughton, Anier, Laing and Horner are not wanted, whilst Fisher and Meekings are expected to turn down contract offers. However, this is the paper that announced we were sticking with Foran.......

Maybe better to see what the Mail are saying.

I despair, I really do - WHO is at the club to make decisions re contracts,etc - are we going to wait until other clubs have taken some of these players! You can hardly blame the players if they have accepted other offers.

Can't we even have someone with a basic football knowledge to try & sort some sort of a team out? The Betfred cup starts soon! Even if Charlie Christie was doing this on an interim basis until permanent appointments are made - he does have football knowledge!

Absolute fecking joke and they have the balls to send out season ticket renewals at last years SPL prices.

Who the  f****k are we being asked to pay to watch and who is making all these calls when we haven't appointed a manager yet.

These players' contracts or loans have expired. What do you suggest we should have done - offer them all contracts just in case the new manager does actually want to keep any of them?!

By the time the season starts I'm pretty sure we will have replaced them with players who are both better and cheaper than some of the names on that list. It's far too early to panic.

5 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Can we please get an adult to write these club statements?  One player's name is even spelled incorrectly in that latest one!

Also, not sure how we can be promoted to the Scottish Premier League, when it hasn't existed since 2013....

12 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Can we please get an adult to write these club statements?  One player's name is even spelled incorrectly in that latest one!

Our final team sheet of the season spelt 3 of them wrong!

Vugurs wasn't happy!

13 hours ago, mikeyrob73 said:

Check Josh Meekings tweet from yesterday 

" news to me " 

And his tweet from today plus his profile of 'Inverness City' 

I wouldn't bet against him being seen in a Ross County strip very soon!!!:cry:

33 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

Feel a bit sorry for Ebbe, he barely even kicked a ball.

Agreed, but it was always an odd, risky signing. What he can take from this though, is that just a couple of weeks after playing amateur football he was playing at Celtic Park (just don't mention the score....)

10 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Agreed, but it was always an odd, risky signing. What he can take from this though, is that just a couple of weeks after playing amateur football he was playing at Celtic Park (just don't mention the score....)

We did win seven corners though. Not many teams can say they did that against Celtic (!)

New Chairman, new board members - same breathtakingly poorly constructed board statements, seemingly etched on the back of a cornflakes packet with crayons borrowed from sevco's press department. Does no one on the board actually proof read these statements before they're issued? I was under the impression that the board was littered with Fortune 500 captains of industry.  Given they all seem to be retired/semi-retired heavy hitters surely they could wheel one of them into the stadium, between rounds of golf and afternoon G&Ts, to cast an eye over this opus before it's fired into the cyber world to echo through eternity.  Suffice to say if someone put a statement of that quality in front of me at work they'd drown in a sea of red ink.

If we move on to the actual content of said statement we quickly get to the following molten bronze pearl of wisdom..... "It is important that we select the right person for this key position.".  Wow!, just wow!  Although factually correct this could possibly be the greatest understatement since Captain Oates advised that he was going outside and might be some time.  Given how poor their last selection was I would have thought the importance of not picking another clanger was abundantly clear to all and a more impassioned statement would have been appropriate at this juncture.   

Moving quickly to the retained  playing staff,  assuming we're successful in agreeing deals with Cammy MacKay and Kevin McNaughton that would leave us with 14 signed players, including three (3) goalkeepers.  Perhaps a slight over provision in the goalkeeping region given the paucity of outfield players...just a thought.  Least said about the ex Newport County retainee, soonest mended.

I'm also intrigued by the "others targets" statement.  Targeted by whom precisely?  Rice? Kellacher? Tommy Cumming? a long serving G4S steward?  It simply beggars belief that these guys think they're capable of identifying players who the new manager will ultimately have to work with.  Retaining contracted players is one thing, bringing in square pegs to fit into a new manager's round holes seems to  be a  rather foolish enterprise, but hey, we're good at that these days.

Enough already, I'm away for a lie down in a darkened room....

• Agree 8

I don't think it's really surprising that any of these players are leaving.  Meekings already intimated that he would be leaving at the end of his contract, he's far too good for the Championship to be honest.  Billy Mckay isn't our player and is probably well outside our price range.  Alex Fisher would've been a good signing in the Championship though, that's a blow that he is leaving but if he's got a better offer elsewhere then you can understand it.

Ainier, Ebbe, Cole, King, Laing, Horner and Brown?  None of them are going to make any real difference to the team.  Anier is one of the worst players I've ever seen for us, utter, total garbage.  Cole showed a few sparkles but really, what was his contribution?  Nothing.  King is the same, a player who just took up space on the pitch without doing anything.  Laing had a couple of decent games but was also in the side for some of our shellackings that saw us pushed into the spiral of doom.  Horner is a bench-warmer, I hope he gets himself out of the hole he's found himself in though.  Jason Brown I've not seen so can't say anything about.

Ebbe may have done OK in a few Development games but there's a big jump from that to being a professional starter.  Hopefully he's learned from the experience, he seems a decent guy.

Looking at it, we haven't had a summer where we made significant improvements to the team since 2013 - we are stale and ended up suffering due to it.  We tried to add players of quality to the 'spine' but added dross and when the established spine didn't perform we couldn't buy a win.  We need a manager in place to change the ennui around the club at the moment and keeping the list of players above isn't really going cut it.

Sadly, I think we'll recruit some useless jobber who'll sign complete *****.  Oh well.

What we needed last season was a squad full of players willing to die for the shirt. IMHO we had 3 in that category. We had potential in a couple of others but they were in and out of the team. We ended up with quite a few mercenaries either looking for playing time which they could not get elsewhere and a ticket to a team that they thought would be an improvement on ICT. Lets not forget who I would have placed just behind Anier in a season long smileymometer - the feckin Walrus. And to think that we played both of them in front of Fisher and the former as a lone striker !!

What we need for next season is different. We certainly need to keep a core of experience even if their legs are not the same. The "heads" of Esson, Raven, Warren, Tremarco and Draper are necessities. Polworth has to stand up and be counted and there is no reason why he should not in a lower league. Personally I would like a journeyman up front - doesn't matter if it is the traditional centre forward or a poacher. And if we are looking for loanees as undoubtedly we will lets go fer pace and width - and next season use it.

But as Chris and others point out - who the feck have we got at the helm and who is sorting out the much needed signings. We should have a shortlist NOW but how the feck can you. You then take in a manager who is cheesed off immediately and does not agree with the signings.

Sheerin is the evident heart choice but he has no managerial pedigree. What is happening to Rice ? If Foran was treated badly then what about him. And what about Misspass ? Shirley he must be in the plans somewhere ? Should he not be the one that is looking at signing targets ? Perhaps he knows an accomplished scout willing to help ? Perhaps he then passes the signings on to the incumbent manager / coach and that avoids the hassles.

This is yet another pre season that the Board are completely feckin up.

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

What we needed last season was a squad full of players willing to die for the shirt. IMHO we had 3 in that category.

Anier, Vigurs and Cole? 

Ok I'll try again - Warren, Draper, Tremarco.