Clear out

Bronson

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he's not a match winner or player to be feared. Not good enough for us before and nothing has changed.

Shoot me!

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

22 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he's not a match winner or player to be feared. Not good enough for us before and nothing has changed.

Shoot me!

Not a match winner? League cup Semi-final 2014!!

Anyway, he left because Yogi wasn't playing him regularly, which is fair enough..2 years more experience under a different manager, he was still young (still is, actually) & had the cojones to knock back a contract with us to get more 1st team action..think he'd be a better player now than when we had him - and I liked him then..

There's a big Tansey-sized hole in our midfield just niw & I think someone whos played with the club & some of the players before would be an easy fit to improve the team.

Having a Draper/Polworth/Vigurs/Ross midfield (or a combination of..) would be a very decent team - even if just for the championship

Edited by jingsmonty
Additional text
  • Agree 1

Would love ross back but dont think we can afford him. 

He competed for places in a good team and didnt let us down . 

But need a striker first. What about shane s. 

Hes had first team football and is a wiser head and would do a job in the championship.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

Would love ross back but dont think we can afford him. 

He competed for places in a good team and didnt let us down . 

But need a striker first. What about shane s. 

Hes had first team football and is a wiser head and would do a job in the championship.

Definetly a good shout - imho, we haven't made enough use of our youth coming through & shane s has done well.

Wouldn't think Ross's wage demands would be excessive but would think he would rather stay in the premiership, which is fair enough.

We definetly need to be 'smart' with our player recruitment now.

• Agree 1

On 01/06/2017 at 10:22 PM, Moogthurso said:

I am most upset about losing jason brown to be honest. We need to build the kids up and he looked good in the highland league. 

Pointless having a youth system if we aren't going to give them a chance. Jamie Duff, Zander Sutherland and Andrew Greig i think they could have done a job for us.

I think we'd be foolish not to at least offer a contract to Nick Ross.  I remember when we were relegated last time, Butcher emphasised how having versatile players was a big bonus.  Nick Ross seems to have become more of a central midfielder now but some of his best games for us was when he was playing as a winger (even if he is naturally a central midfielder, he was still better wide than Polworth!).  He could probably do a job up-front as well.  I was disappointed when he left and would certainly consider taking him back.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Nick Ross was at Storehouse yesterday. Obviously back at the weekend to sign a new deal with ICT today.

Here's hoping...or maybe ge's having a farewell day out with family before heading abroad!

Would love him back, but if he's got a better offer than a championship club, all the best to him!