Season Ticket Prices

CableGuy

Season ticket prices just announced, absolutely gobsmacked that they are remaining the same price as last year! Instead of reducing and trying to encourage a new support it would appear they are happy to further rob the old faithful supporter who will renew regardless 

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1932-2017-18-season-ticket-info?utm_content=buffer9c025&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Edited by CableGuy

on our promotion back to the Premiership in season 2018/19.

Absolutely pathetic.  We've got ten outfield players and no manager.  We haven't announced anything about players to be released or retained or anything.  But we put out a press release saying that we are keeping Premiership prices in the Championship with a line like that in it.  We aren't in a position to be arrogant.

I understand that we probably need to keep those prices but FFS, at least sugar coat it with some sort of positive announcement.  

• Agree 11
  • Disagree 1

ST.png

It's pretty basic but here are how our prices compare against others in the Championship.

There are a number of caveats to this mainly that I just went for whatever clubs termed Adults and Concessions. Other categories like U16s or U12s I didn't bother with and some clubs separate out students from Concessions. It would have gotten quite messy to have so many categories so I stuck with just the 'main' two'.

Also, these are the cheapest tickets available to purchase so these are likely to be for stands or areas behind the goals. No family package offers are included either.

Main point is that ICT have easily the most expensive tickets in the league. Maybe not surprising but compared to clubs like Falkirk who probably boast much better stadia and facilities I can't help but think some of our fans will be left wondering why there hasn't been at least a few quid taken off the prices.

ETA: The Falkirk prices are wrong. Should be about £20 - £25 higher. Those are last years prices.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Delay selling season tickets until we have some positive news? Don't think so.

Or try and get things moving so we could have something to tell the fans when putting season tickets on sale?  Considering board members were resigning six weeks ago over the position of Foran I don't believe that we haven't had a chance to try and get things moving in terms of finding a new manager or recruiting for next season.

The comment about next season's promotion really sticks in the craw though.  Who puts something like that in a statement telling the fans they'll be paying Premiership prices for Championship tickets?

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

Main point is that ICT have easily the most expensive tickets in the league. Maybe not surprising but compared to clubs like Falkirk who probably boast much better stadia and facilities I can't help but think some of our fans will be left wondering why there hasn't been at least a few quid taken off the prices.

At least the likes of DUtd have come out and said they are going to back the manager with the same or increased budgets over last year - it would be good if we could see the same to justify our pricing.

We will have one fewer home game next season too - so the cost per game will actually be higher even though we've been relegated.

In contrast, we dropped season ticket prices by £100 following relegation in 2009!!!

Basically,  this is a thinly disguised attempt at fleecing loyal fans, or 'mugs' as the rest of the world would call us.

• Agree 8

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

On the bright side, you are almost guaranteed more entertainment and more wins than last season!

Do you really think so? Or have you got your ICT PR hat on here? :tongueincheek:

Keeping the season tickets at premiership level will drop the average attendance at matches. Obviously it will go down that we ain't playing the Old Firm, County and Edinburgh teams regularly, but this may put regular season ticket holders off. Like others have said, we currently have 10 outfield players with no manager (with no signs of anyone coming soon). 

Are fans really going to get their money's worth - doubt it. 

15 minutes ago, TopSix said:

Ross County are going for the jugular targeting fairweather fans... http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/season-tickets-huge-discounts-for-201718/

You have to admire everything Uncle Roy does in his propaganda war against ICT which he finally seems to have won after 23 years. But the only reductions are in the Jail End which is half empty and like a library these days, which I predicted back in the days before it was seated. It's probably the worst stand to watch football in the top league.

Having said all that, our board could do something similar with the West Stand by making it dirt cheap. It only takes 400 anyway so it shouldn't bankrupt the club to try it, and there's always the chance that people will spend the rest on merchandising & catering.

• Agree 5

I'm not sure I want to pay extortionate prices to watch a team managed by Gus McPherson or Maurice Malpas.

The fact of the matter is, as I alluded to on the other thread -  we might all care about the club but the club cares for us not a jot.  We aren't valued fans, we're just a number and a customer.  Your club doesn't care about you, they only care for your cash.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 12
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

These kind of comments really make me cringe.......they almost always come back to bit you on the bum !!

Much like "pride of the highlands" crap on the badge. Who the hell is responsible for issuing this statement? 

• Agree 6

2 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

We will have one fewer home game next season too - so the cost per game will actually be higher even though we've been relegated.

In contrast, we dropped season ticket prices by £100 following relegation in 2009!!!

Basically,  this is a thinly disguised attempt at fleecing loyal fans, or 'mugs' as the rest of the world would call us.

The decrease from 19 to 18 home games for the same money represents a 5.6% increase in prices for a lower standard of football. I'm actually not hugely fazed by dropping to the Championship but if you move from Next to Primark you don't expect to have to pay the same money for a pack of in-house Y-fronts with one fewer in it.

What is it about football and the laws of economics that the rest of the world observes?

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Club needs the income if we are to stand any chance of bouncing back up.

On the bright side, you are almost guaranteed more entertainment and more wins than last season!

Good positivity and common sense imho. Under-12s going free remains a big concession that I doubt other clubs all do. 

I would have renewed even if there was an increase because I want the club to get through this ... it is already delicate financially without talk of fans not coming along any more.

I'm going to try to persuade my wife and daughter to start coming along as well. They made it to a few of last season's games which in truth wasn't the best encouragement for non-ICT/football die-hards to return. 

I'm not a happy clapper but I love my club.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Club needs the income if we are to stand any chance of bouncing back up.

That's my thoughts too - did think that they may reduce slightly, but given other threads on here about donations, this seems like a good way to give the club finance for going back to the premiership.

Did think that they should be encouraging new fans though - not 100% sure the club has got this right..

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

I'm not sure I want to pay extortionate prices to watch a team managed by Gus McPherson or Maurice Malpas.

The fact of the matter is, as I alluded to on the other thread -  we might all care about the club but the club cares for us not a jot.  We aren't valued fans, we're just a number and a customer.  Your club doesn't care about you, they only care for your cash.

Its been this way for a few years now unfortunately.

The only time the club communicates with us fans is when they are wanting money off us.

Am sorry but until i know what am getting for my money in terms of managers and players etc. I wont be parting with any season ticket money.

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, cif73 said:

Good positivity and common sense imho. Under-12s going free remains a big concession that I doubt other clubs all do. 

I would have renewed even if there was an increase because I want the club to get through this ... it is already delicate financially without talk of fans not coming along any more.

I'm going to try to persuade my wife and daughter to start coming along as well. They made it to a few of last season's games which in truth wasn't the best encouragement for non-ICT/football die-hards to return. 

I'm not a happy clapper but I love my club.

We dont have much power as fans but please think before rushing to renew straight away. A point needs to be made here. Plenty time before 23rd to assess how things are going. 

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

We dont have much power as fans but please think before rushing to renew straight away. A point needs to be made here. Plenty time before 23rd to assess how things are going. 

The board has already made big calls post-relegation that weren't guaranteed but were being demanded by many fans (Richie, Kenny both out). It's easy to criticise from the outside, not so easy to lead while on the inside. Playing staff and general staff budgets need sorted for next year. I'm not going to help breed uncertainty by artificially delaying my money no matter how relatively little it is on its own. 

• Agree 2

Anyone got stats on how many other clubs offer season tickets to TWO under-12s for every season ticket adult?

A strategy that is probably in effect subsidised by other seat prices tbf ... but which tries to build a decent fan base for generations to come for a young, small city club with controversial birth  ...  That's provided we don't shoot ourselves in the foot before then by starving money from a club that is quite possibly staring down the barrel of an insolvency event in the not too distant future.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, TopSix said:

Ross County are going for the jugular targeting fairweather fans... http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/season-tickets-huge-discounts-for-201718/

Was always going to be the case , what do you expect from a progressive ,forward looking football club.

We are well and truly f****d thanks to Foran and Cameron and could set us back years.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4