Season Ticket Prices

CableGuy

1 hour ago, cif73 said:

The board has already made big calls post-relegation that weren't guaranteed but were being demanded by many fans (Richie, Kenny both out). It's easy to criticise from the outside, not so easy to lead while on the inside. Playing staff and general staff budgets need sorted for next year. I'm not going to help breed uncertainty by artificially delaying my money no matter how relatively little it is on its own. 

Everyone makes their own choice. I have to buy 3 tickets. Last season I missed about 6 games due to work. Never bothered me before but I do feel fans being taken for granted here. So I will wait for a bit and consider my options. Talking to others it seems a lot taking this view. 

• Agree 6

Where the hell are CJT to stand up for the fans in this? 

Clearly going by many Facebook posts on the official fb page, many others are also outraged, and rightly so. I really feel the fans need to pull together and show our feelings to the board. 

The prices went up last year and the club said it was to ensure we could compete for top 6.......we got relegated. And so the board keep the same prices. 

We are being treated as a cash cow and I'm fed up with it! Sorry for the rant but I couldn't buy a season ticket last year because I couldn't afford one and same applies with these prices. I want to support the club, and they're making it impossible. Where is the logic in that? 

Disgusted, truly disgusted and embarrassed at my club today :(

• Agree 7

8 hours ago, ictchris said:

Absolutely pathetic.  We've got ten outfield players and no manager.  We haven't announced anything about players to be released or retained or anything.  But we put out a press release saying that we are keeping Premiership prices in the Championship with a line like that in it.  We aren't in a position to be arrogant.

I understand that we probably need to keep those prices but FFS, at least sugar coat it with some sort of positive announcement.  

Club announcement today ...

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1933-statement-from-ictfc-board

I agree with both sides of the coin. I think the issue comes down again to.....COMMUNICATION. or lack of it, for a change.

since the end of the season, we've had our chairman walk away, eventually. A new chairman put in place, who's now away on holiday. Our manager sacked/quit. No sign of a replacement. Season ticket renewals released at the same price as last year. And on the same day, the very first communication from the club, and its confirming that we barely have a starting 11! 

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Charles here, as much as I hate to, if the club can't afford to meet the wage demands of the players on a championship income, then they need to be shown the door. If the players under contract really do want to stay to help us go back up, they would surely understand that this would need to come at a reduced wage; as should be stipulated in their contracts. If not, then it's another oversight by the club.

with a little bit of communication and reassurance

Talk to us ICT and not just when you're wanting money off us.

Edited by ictfcsince94
Eating humble pie

24 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

with a little bit of communication and reassurance and an explanation as to why the prices are staying up.......but nope, nothing.

You complain about lack of communication but don't appear to have read the statement!

7 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

You complain about lack of communication but don't appear to have read the statement!

No, I've read it...appears the same day renewal letters are received, and tells us we have barely a starting 11. But no explanation as to the lack of price reduction etc etc.

The whole announcement of season ticket prices is shambolic. Why would I pay the same price to see us draw with Queen of the South as I did to watch us do the same to Celtic? The club already recognises the value of the "bigger and better" teams by raising prices for tickets for these games. If you could be sure that the money would go on improving the playing staff, this might be reasonable. At the back of my mind is the sneaking suspicion that we might just be bankrolling Richie's pay-off!

As for the suggestion that there will be 5% off tickets for 2018/19 on the occasion of our promotion back up where we belong - well the cynical might guess the prices would go up by at least 5% anyway. And if we are not promoted, will we get money off for sticking with them through another lean year? I don't think so.

As always, the fans are the least considered part of football in this country.

• Agree 4

At the end of the day, the prices are set at a level the club thinks will maximise revenue.

If they lowered the prices and it reduced our overall income by (say) £50,000, that sum would just get knocked off our wage budget for the season, it's as simple as that unfortunately.

• Agree 1

Well, with Season Ticket uptake never released, it's difficult to guess what kind of revenue might be achieved through these sales. However, if you say there's 2000 picking up a ticket at £300, that's an income of £600,000.

Would reducing that figure to £200 increase the uptake by 50%? You would need 3000 to purchase at that price to make the same £600,000.  

Its not as black and whitens that though, as if I only had to pay £200 for a ticket, I might be more inclined to purchase more club merchandise etc.

its a tough job they have trying to balance the books, but...as has been said before, football shouldn't be exempt from the normal economics of business. Case in point - if my income reduces for whatever reason my outgoings have to reduce.

• Agree 1

I too am horrified at the lack of consideration by the Board in setting these prices. What a cheek they have asking for Premier League season ticket prices to watch a lower league product. This is nothing to do with fans loyalty and lots to do with the Board's total disregard for the paying public. They fail completely to understand that fans do not have a endless supply of funds to allocate to their Saturday fix. I have now decided to give up one of my two tickets which I have held since the stadium opened, and was effectively a donation. No manager, no team, no football presence on the Board and a crass statement accompanying the price sheet does not equate to a rush to buy tickets.

• Agree 9

This is a massive gamble by the board.

I can sort of see the strategy which is to minimise loss of income:

If we had 2,000 season ticket holders last season @ £300 = £600,000

If 25% don't renew we generate (1,500 x £300) £450,000

If the club had reduced prices to average £250 the club would need 1,800 season ticket sales to generate £450,000. I assume they felt that retaining 90% of season ticket holders was unlikely, hence the pricing.That said the communication has been shocking and releasing two statements today sums things up.

Having been a season ticket holder for 16 years I was going to renew and purchase a ticket for my daughter in the main stand (on the basis that prices would be lower and I would probably pay the same as last year but have an extra ticket). Now I'm looking at £400 to watch 18 Championship games!

I never thought I would say this but I'll be one of those not renewing and I will pick and choose which games to go to.

• Agree 4

Cheapest adult season ticket prices:

Falkirk £225

QOS £256

Livingston £12 per match (can't find information on season ticket prices) 

Dundee United £279

Morton - unavailable (was £270 last season) 

Dunfermline £240

Dumbarton £200

St Mirren £275

Brechin - unavailable 

Interesting statement from Dunfermline - chalk and cheese springs to mind... http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=2017/2018_Season_Tickets&ID=9985

Astonishing that season ticket prices have been frozen but it possibly backs up the rumours regarding the financial state the club are possibly facing due to relegation

14 miles north you can watch your Celtic,Rangers,Aberdeens etc for £200 but we  pay over £330 to see Brechin City

Theres something far wrong, only an utter moron would buy a season ticket at the moment at that sort of cost without knowing who the manager and the playing staff were 

Dougal 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, TopSix said:

Cheapest adult season ticket prices:

Falkirk £225

QOS £256

Livingston £12 per match (can't find information on season ticket prices) 

Dundee United £279

Morton - unavailable (was £270 last season) 

Dunfermline £240

Dumbarton £200

St Mirren £275

Brechin - unavailable 

Interesting statement from Dunfermline - chalk and cheese springs to mind... http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=2017/2018_Season_Tickets&ID=9985

Cheapest adult + 1 child combo in family stand at Dunfermline is £2 cheaper than ICT. If a second child, Dunfermline becomes considerably more. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, dougal said:

Astonishing that season ticket prices have been frozen but it possibly backs up the rumours regarding the financial state the club are possibly facing due to relegation

14 miles north you can watch your Celtic,Rangers,Aberdeens etc for £200 but we  pay over £330 to see Brechin City

Theres something far wrong, only an utter moron would buy a season ticket at the moment at that sort of cost without knowing who the manager and the playing staff were 

Dougal 

Yes you'll be pleased that your County season ticket is cheaper this year.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, dougal said:

only an utter moron would buy a season ticket at the moment at that sort of cost without knowing who the manager and the playing staff were 

Well, the manager will be a better one than Foran and the players will all make more effort than Anier. That's a start!

2 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Cheapest adult + 1 child combo in family stand at Dunfermline is £2 cheaper than ICT. If a second child, Dunfermline becomes considerably more. 

Pity the children become teenagers then. Even if still at school they fall into 16-24 catagory. 

14 minutes ago, dougal said:

only an utter moron would buy a season ticket at the moment at that sort of cost without knowing who the manager and the playing staff were 

... Or a loyal fan who doesn't want to see the club die and remembers (even if in the Championship) how far things have come since pre-1994.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2