Season Ticket Prices

CableGuy

The statement is terribly written as well, a single throwaway line about why the prices are staying the same.

Every time the club put any sort of statement out there's something off or annoying about it. From announcing Yogi had left without saying he'd left, to that farce about the "routine board meeting". I don't know who is writing these but they have no idea about communicating clearly and honestly.

• Agree 1

Yes the season ticket is more than I was expecting but I will be renewing it and I urge everybody who can to renew also.  The club needs us more than ever at this point.  The new Chairman and Board have made a tough but correct decision with Richie Foran and they must now get it right with the new manager but in the meantime we as fans must give them the benefit of the doubt and show out unity and support by buying season tickets and showing our support in anyway we can.

• Agree 2

I'll be renewing my ST at the quoted prices when manager known. Worrying that board is trying to tie up contracts without a manager in place. What if the new manager doesn't fancy one of the players they've re-signed for him? 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Kind of Blue said:

Yes the season ticket is more than I was expecting but I will be renewing it and I urge everybody who can to renew also.  The club needs us more than ever at this point.  The new Chairman and Board have made a tough but correct decision with Richie Foran and they must now get it right with the new manager but in the meantime we as fans must give them the benefit of the doubt and show out unity and support by buying season tickets and showing our support in anyway we can.

I am pleased that you acknowledge that giving Richie a four year contract was a mistake by the Board. We do not know the full facts behind Yogi's departure.  The Board ultimately oversaw relegation. Quite a catalogue of big mistakes. 

They have remained silent on a number of key issues. Richie admitted that he had made mistakes and was letting the fans down through most of the season. The danger with a wealthy group of businessmen is that they assume they will always be successful. It is kidology to suggest we will offer a 5% discount on season tickets if we return to the SPFL next season. Only Hamilton have overcome the play off lottery to get into the SPFL. There are many teams who offer a substantial threat to win the Championship. 

The new Board needs to find a bridge with fans and I suspect the season ticket issue may finally bring the two factions together. 

8 hours ago, Kind of Blue said:

Your attitude epitomises everything that is wrong with certain sections of the ICT support

The boards decision to freeze ticket prices to SPFL prices is an absolute disgrace but as long as belters like yourself just accept it well then they can get away with anything they want and they will continue to do so in the future

Sadly we don't have football men in the boardroom anymore and it's obvious they can't communicate with the ordinary fan 

We will never know how many season tickets will be down this year because the board don't have the balls to release figures but it will be substantial due to this ludicrous decision whether you buy one or not

Dougal

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 4

10 hours ago, TopSix said:

Cheapest adult season ticket prices:

Falkirk £225

QOS £256

Livingston £12 per match (can't find information on season ticket prices) 

Dundee United £279

Morton - unavailable (was £270 last season) 

Dunfermline £240

Dumbarton £200

St Mirren £275

Brechin - unavailable 

Interesting statement from Dunfermline - chalk and cheese springs to mind... http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=2017/2018_Season_Tickets&ID=9985

Try the first page of the thread :wink:

Even though I struggle to get to every home game, I had fully intended to renew my ST purely just to support the club from the offset, however given we now find ourselves a Cship outfit I fully expected my ticket price to drop by at least £50, which I was still willing to pay. The fact that not only has it remained the same, but there appears to not even be a well thought out and calculated rationale to accompany it, means I will not be renewing out of principle and will instead suit myself week by week which games I attend which sadly always inevitably results in losing touch in general. It feels as if the board have just got a complete lack of regard for the long season suffering faithful fans that turned up last season and rather than reward us and encourage others to take the plunge their happier purely robbing the far too loyal fraternity that won't even question it

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Even though I struggle to get to every home game, I had fully intended to renew my ST purely just to support the club from the offset, however given we now find ourselves a Cship outfit I fully expected my ticket price to drop by at least £50, which I was still willing to pay. The fact that not only has it remained the same, but there appears to not even be a well thought out and calculated rationale to accompany it, means I will not be renewing out of principle and will instead suit myself week by week which games I attend which sadly always inevitably results in losing touch in general. It feels as if the board have just got a complete lack of regard for the long season suffering faithful fans that turned up last season and rather than reward us and encourage others to take the plunge their happier purely robbing the far too loyal fraternity that won't even question it

Sad to read that but I find myself in a similar boat. As Hislop notes the prices dropped by around £100 when we were relegated last time. To have no reduction at all this time round is really quite surprising. I'd imagine walk up prices will remain largely the same next season.

You need only look at the crowd that was there for the Hamilton game a few weeks before the end of the season to see just how much attendances at the ground have fallen in the last wee while. There couldn't have been 2,000 people there that day and if the club continues to charge Premiership level prices for ST and match day tickets I'd expect more crowds like the one we got against Hamilton throughout 17/18.

• Agree 3

I'm glad to see CJT have finally appeared from their own seclusion to announce on fb that they want to hear from fans. I sent them a private message along the lines that they need to outline our disgust to the board asap. I even suggested the starting of a petition asking for the club to offer a discount. 

Cable guy hits the nail on the head. A £50 discount is far and above a decent compromise where fans are rewarded for their continued loyalty after last season and the board receives much needed funds. 

I fear that many people are going to be put off renewing their STs and then the board will have even less funds to help the club. Nobody will win that way!

I really hope the board and CJT will open up some kind of dialogue over the weekend, with the hope of coming to a compromise and a fair discount for fans. It's the least we deserve!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

I'm not particularly happy with the price either, but I WILL renew (at a 10% 'early bird' discount') as I support the club & want to do my bit to help them out & get back to the premiership asap!

I have never managed to make it to all the home games, due to being a shift worker - I would probably be cheaper in the long run paying per game. I usually get to, roughly, 60% of the home games. 

But I will support the club through thick & thin, whatever happens. 

Some acknowledgement from the board re recent bad decisions would have been good - a 'mea culpa' statement!

However, I can totally understand that fans aren't happy & imho I would rather have seen a reduction to try & boost the sales.

Also, extending the free season tickets to U16 would have been a smart move...

• Agree 2

Having been a ST holder since the early days of div 3, I was resigned to not renewing this year if RF was still at the helm as the footie has been guff to say the least. When the announcement was made that RF had left the building, I changed my mind regardless of who the new manager would be. Only to find that I'm expected to pay SPL prices for Championship footie!! The club have taken our loyalty for granted for too long now. Consequently, unless there is a U-turn, I won't be renewing and will pick and choose which games I attend! Like other posters on here, I feel that once this malaise sets in then the "can't be bothered" syndrome may show it's head. Sadly, I expect ST numbers to be significantly down this season and as our attendances aren't the best this will inevitably have a long term effect on the club. Get a grip ICT!!

• Agree 6

Sorry guys, but the idea of paying the same amount next year for a poorer product is crazy from the Board. Just a gesture to reward the ST holders for their loyalty through a horror show of a season would have been enough to convince me to buy. I understand that they need the cash, but I fear that their income will be more seriously hit by this decision than it would have been if they'd reduced the price by, say, £30. As it happens, I'll only be able to make a small percentage of the games this season, but I might have been minded to make a donation to the club by way of a season ticket purchase, had they been sensible about pricing. I think I'll sponsor a player or something instead...talk about being taken for granted.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, dougal said:

Your attitude epitomises everything that is wrong with certain sections of the ICT support

The boards decision to freeze ticket prices to SPFL prices is an absolute disgrace but as long as belters like yourself just accept it well then they can get away with anything they want and they will continue to do so in the future

Sadly we don't have football men in the boardroom anymore and it's obvious they can't communicate with the ordinary fan 

We will never know how many season tickets will be down this year because the board don't have the balls to release figures but it will be substantial due to this ludicrous decision whether you buy one or not

Dougal

There is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone who renews their season ticket at these prices for next season if they wish to do it. I will be renewing mine as I want to see my club survive and prosper. Appreciate some people will not want to or can afford to but that is their choice. If anyone is a belter it is you as I am at a loss as to why you even support ICT, if you actually do.

• Agree 5

11 hours ago, ForzaCaley said:

I'm glad to see CJT have finally appeared from their own seclusion to announce on fb that they want to hear from fans.

Copied and pasted from CJT FB page:

"A lot has been happening with our club over the last week. Parting ways with our chairman and manager and the season ticket prices to name but a few. The lack of communication with the fans during this period from the board and the new chairman is particularly concerning.

We thought it would be helpful if we tried to open lines of communication with the club.

So, if you have any questions/concerns etc you would like to put to the club, please post them below and we will compile and present them to the board."

Should CJT not have done something like this 6 months ago when it was obvious we were headed for relegation? Their lack of communication has been equally as concerning as that of the Board's IMO!

• Agree 3

14 hours ago, dougal said:

Dougal

Dougal, you are such a feckin peni5.

I will be buying a season tkt, and what would be the point in taking 20 or 25 quid off the price?   would that get another 250-300 buying season tkts? no! 

A fan has loyalty to the club (not you) and giving them support by buying a season tkt will help, We don not have a Roy Macgregor who can write off a million quid every year.

Negative **** brains are not required, the board have sorted out one problem, give them a chance to move forward.

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 1

28 minutes ago, caley100 said:

I will be buying a season tkt, and what would be the point in taking 20 or 25 quid off the price?   would that get another 250-300 buying season tkts? no! 

A fan has loyalty to the club (not you) and giving them support by buying a season tkt will help, We don not have a Roy Macgregor who can write off a million quid every year.

Negative **** brains are not required, the board have sorted out one problem, give them a chance to move forward.

Well said Caley 100.  By buying our season tickets we show our support whilst Dougal just snipes away on the sidelines with nothing positive, as usual, to say or contribute.

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, caley100 said:

Go Rich! 

Nae splinters in your erse :laugh:

• Agree 1

On 01/06/2017 at 10:53 PM, cif73 said:

... Or a loyal fan who doesn't want to see the club die and remembers (even if in the Championship) how far things have come since pre-1994.

That's the spirit I'll defo be renewing look on the bright side wel defo win more games than last season! And maybe when we win the league which I think we will at a canter the board will then give us a bonus 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

.......And maybe when we win the league which I think we will at a canter the board will then give us a bonus 

Are you drunk Alan? :tongueincheek::smile:

5 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

You heard it here first we will walk that league trust me! Board will pull a decent manager out of the hat retain big drapes and polworth happy days! 

Come on Richie (aka Alan), you know we will have to respect 9 teams next year. The 2016/17 season assuming top 6 until it was impossible should tell you no team will lie down and be walked on. Our first target is to avoid slipping into League 1 and if things go better we can see if we can get into the Top 4. 

5 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

You heard it here first we will walk that league

No, we didn't hear it here first. We heard it first from the club in Thursday's press release which promised "an extra 5% off next year for returning season ticket holders on our promotion back to the Premiership in season 2018/19." :amazed:

I think the comment re the return to the premiership is uncalled for and exhibits the same hubris as KC after the appointment of RF and makes the board look stupid if it is not acheived. That said I think the cost of season tickets displays just how precarious the club's financial position is as I don't believe any board would take such a decision lightly knowing that it will incur the ire of the support, they would have been better admitting the financial situation rather than the clumsy way it has been handled. What concerns me more is that the board appear to be negotiating terms with players without consulting the new manager, unless, the new manager is already within the club.

This forum is totally unbelievable once again if you don't conform to happy clapping you get personal abuse by the establishment

Always amazed how mods seem to turn a blind eye to some of the vitriol that gets directed my way just as well I'm thick skinned I guess and have never used the report function

To get accused by fellow fans about my loyalty to ICT by those that freely admit they have big teams or supported other teams in the past just doesn't sit well with me

Im not going to name these low life's as I don't want to stoop to their level but I could list screeds of posters on here that fall into that very bracket

My point regarding season tickets still holds I think it's crazy buying a ticket at the moment my advice would be to wait nearer the start of the season that way it might just make the board think that unless their mind sets change they should also step down and let foreword thinking people in

Dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2