Season Ticket Prices

CableGuy

14 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Here's a different analogy. If you go to the cinema, you pay the same ticket price regardless of the budget of the film in question. Often, low budget films are better than the huge budget ones with big name stars and special effects.

Our previous 2 seasons in the 2nd flight were right up there with the most enjoyable seasons in our history. How many of our ST holders would have wanted to miss out on that for the sake of an extra couple of quid per game?

Would you not be a little annoyed though if you could watch the same film further down the road at the cineworld or odeon for a fair bit less. 

6 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Would you not be a little annoyed though if you could watch the same film further down the road at the cineworld or odeon for a fair bit less. 

Maybe some people enjoy getting wet feet when they queue for popcorn.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I am still fuming about the season ticket prices. I have usually been one of the first to renew mine since the very first season in the bottom division. If they had nocked of £40 or £50 quid I would have payed up no prob no matter how bad they played last season or who the new boss is. Loyal fans are been shafted by the board and they might end up regretting it.

• Agree 1

Another two here who haven't renewed yet. Seriously considering whether to or not it seems ludicrous expecting to pay as much for a lower league. Substituting games against Aberdeen Celtic County Rangers Hearts etc for games against Brechin Dumbarton Morton QoS etc It certainly won't encourage people to pay at the gate with those prices and can't imagine many away fans will be happy to pay the prices quoted. Could be a financial black hole ahead IMHO 

• Agree 2

Ive not renewed my two season tickets neither.  The price is ridiculous.  I know the club needs all the cash they can get but they are not going to do that by alienating the loyal supporters.  We don't only buy season tickets we do hospitality, sponsor players, buy merchandise etc.  Please don't take us for granted and that's exactly what they are doing.

• Agree 3

I'm as happy clapping as they come but I've not renewed mine (or my daughters) Early bird period is far too short not going into next payday so I can't afford it. It's even less appealing at the non EB price. 

Plus we have no manager, barely enough players, no vision for the future direction of the club or anything regarding investment. In fact no communication whatsoever aside from asking for money. 

Finally I can only reiterate what others have said regarding the price. To keep it the same price in a lower league with one less game, no derby or any big game is inexcusable. There should have been a £30 to £40 reduction. At the very least they could have thrown in the first home cup game but no. After a terrible season watching dross this is what the new administration come up with? Unbelievable. 

I love going to the football and have never not had a Season Ticket since I moved back from Glasgow nearly 9 years ago but I can't feel anything other than were being taken for granted on this occasion. Honestly feeling very torn at the moment.

• Agree 15

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

I'm as happy clapping as they come but I've not renewed mine (or my daughters) Early bird period is far too short not going into next payday so I can't afford it. It's even less appealing at the non EB price. 

Plus we have no manager, barely enough players, no vision for the future direction of the club or anything regarding investment. In fact no communication whatsoever aside from asking for money. 

Finally I can only reiterate what others have said regarding the price. To keep it the same price in a lower league with one less game, no derby or any big game is inexcusable. There should have been a £30 to £40 reduction. At the very least they could have thrown in the first home cup game but no. After a terrible season watching dross this is what the new administration come up with? Unbelievable. 

I love going to the football and have never not had a Season Ticket since I moved back from Glasgow nearly 9 years ago but I can't feel anything other than were being taken for granted on this occasion. Honestly feeling very torn at the moment.

Sums the feeling up perfectly, well said 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Fraz said:

Being the type of guy who has organized card displays at cup finals, sold ICT merchandise at matches and other fund raising ventures for the club, then I would like to think your opinion carries some weight, as we'll as the other posters on here doing their bit to help support the club.

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, Dan Clark said:

I understand from reading this forum that the club has been approached regarding fans unhappiness regarding season ticket costs. Has this happened and did the club ever respond ? 

CJT have approached the club and sent details of the comments made on here and other social media platforms.  The response so far has been:

The chairman has your email and he will be writing to you personally.  He takes communicating with the supporters very seriously and will be in touch as soon as he can be.

So far there has not been the promised response but as the chairman is back from his holidays today, this will be followed up tomorrow.

Are the board deliberately trying to find out the size of the hard-core support isby repeatedly challenging the loyalty of the season ticket holders? I would dearly love to get behind a refreshed team and manager next season, but frankly feel entirtely undervalued and taken for granted by the Club at this moment in time. The series of poor decisions and continuing silence from the Club does not inspire confidence or enthusiasm for the season to come. Get a grip!

• Agree 3

20 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

Are the board deliberately trying to find out the size of the hard-core support isby repeatedly challenging the loyalty of the season ticket holders? I would dearly love to get behind a refreshed team and manager next season, but frankly feel entirtely undervalued and taken for granted by the Club at this moment in time. The series of poor decisions and continuing silence from the Club does not inspire confidence or enthusiasm for the season to come. Get a grip!

I have today written (by snail mail) to Mr Finlayson expressing my concerns, including much of what you refer to,  in my letter.  Not only about Season Tickets, but communication (or the lack of it!), the lack of progress on the management structure the club sees etc (not just the manager appointment), and some other issues.   It will be interesting to see if I get a reply in due course.  I'll keep you posted.

• Agree 4

Thanks, Caley Mad in Berks. Of course, that is a much more sensible approach to the problem than simply sitting on your hands and moaning (note to self....). I look forward to hearing the response, but given the lack of communication skills displayed to date, you might be waiting a while!

8 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

Thanks, Caley Mad in Berks. Of course, that is a much more sensible approach to the problem than simply sitting on your hands and moaning (note to self....). I look forward to hearing the response, but given the lack of communication skills displayed to date, you might be waiting a while!

Tbf I think a lot of folk have actually complained to the club. Not buying also sends a message imho 

Does any one have an email address for the club/chairman.

I would also like to convey my feelings directly to them about what i feel is truly shocking treatment of the fans since the final days of last season.

It's not just the season ticket prices which is imho wholly unacceptable and damaging to the club. 

For me more damage though is the complete lack of communication in any kind about all the new challenges we now face as a club.

I will want answers to why there has been nothing coming from the club and whilst i appreciate the chairman was on holiday, somebody at the club is left in charge and to that end acting as an official spokesperson for media or even on our own site.

Why do they feel that those prices are acceptable in a lower league and with less games for your money.

There are too many more to write here but any official email address would be appreciated just so i can vent my frustrations directly to those who in my eyes are responsible for this omnishambles currently.

7 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

I wasn't sure that an Email would actually be seen by the Chairman.  That is why I wrote to him personally.  He may of course choose to ignore it, but for now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and look forward to a reply in due course.

I have address now and let you know if it is replied to

To echo what virtually everyone else has said. The decision to keep the season ticket prices the same as last season especially in light of that there will be less home games covered by a season ticket this year (not even mentioning we are in a lower league) is staggering to say the least. The Caley Thistle support is not the largest even at the best of times and measures such as this will push away people who have been very loyal to the club. It is unlikely to impact on how many people say they support us but it will certainly impact attendances. Being the most expensive in the league will likely tarnish our reputation among supporters of other teams in the Scottish leagues.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ferben1994 said:

Does any one have an email address for the club/chairman.

I would also like to convey my feelings directly to them about what i feel is truly shocking treatment of the fans since the final days of last season.

It's not just the season ticket prices which is imho wholly unacceptable and damaging to the club. 

For me more damage though is the complete lack of communication in any kind about all the new challenges we now face as a club.

I will want answers to why there has been nothing coming from the club and whilst i appreciate the chairman was on holiday, somebody at the club is left in charge and to that end acting as an official spokesperson for media or even on our own site.

Why do they feel that those prices are acceptable in a lower league and with less games for your money.

There are too many more to write here but any official email address would be appreciated just so i can vent my frustrations directly to those who in my eyes are responsible for this omnishambles currently.

Try admin@ictfc.co.uk 

Mark for attn of chairman 

18 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Try admin@ictfc.co.uk 

Mark for attn of chairman 

Cheers. Someone gave me chairmans direct email so have sent of an email the size of war and piece and await patiently a reply.

Although i could be a pile of skin and bones by the time i get 1

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Another letter today asking for money to renew player sponsorships! Again to be renewed by 23rd June. 

Do they only speak to us when they want money? Certainly appears so.....

Seems to be a common theme already this season. After a fairly optimistic outlook, I now fear for the future of this season and the club if this is an indication of how the board are going to run the club and treat the fans

• Agree 1

For what it's worth, and this is entirely my opinion, it is not so much the cost of the season ticket but the way this has been communicated. Most fans will want us to get back to the Premier League as soon as possible so the club have to generate as much revenue as they can in the coming season. If we could guarantee extra fans coming through the gate to watch a winning and successful team next season (hopefully), then the increase may not have been required but the fickle football public of Inverness could certainly not be relied upon for this. I am prepared to renew my season ticket but do want some answers from the board on where they see the direction of the club. Had this been sent out with the season ticket renewals, this may have mitigated some of the anger from fans.

There is an appalling lack of communication, possibly even understanding by the board on how to run a football club and this has to change quickly. This needs to involve the fans as well. I know there is another thread thanking Kenny Cameron for his services to the club. I do not know Kenny Cameron but, while it appears he was a nice man, his lack of understanding, along with other board members perhaps as well, have contributed to a traumatic and quick decline in ICT's fortunes and this should not be forgotten by fans. He was the man in charge and therefore had to take responsibility for all the events that transpired.