Season Ticket Prices

CableGuy

8 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

For what it's worth, and this is entirely my opinion, it is not so much the cost of the season ticket but the way this has been communicated. Most fans will want us to get back to the Premier League as soon as possible so the club have to generate as much revenue as they can in the coming season. If we could guarantee extra fans coming through the gate to watch a winning and successful team next season (hopefully), then the increase may not have been required but the fickle football public of Inverness could certainly not be relied upon for this. I am prepared to renew my season ticket but do want some answers from the board on where they see the direction of the club. Had this been sent out with the season ticket renewals, this may have mitigated some of the anger from fans.

There is an appalling lack of communication, possibly even understanding by the board on how to run a football club and this has to change quickly. This needs to involve the fans as well. I know there is another thread thanking Kenny Cameron for his services to the club. I do not know Kenny Cameron but, while it appears he was a nice man, his lack of understanding, along with other board members perhaps as well, have contributed to a traumatic and quick decline in ICT's fortunes and this should not be forgotten by fans. He was the man in charge and therefore had to take responsibility for all the events that transpired.

I dont see how Kenny Cameron can be blamed? The lack of communication has been since his departure imho 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

I dont see how Kenny Cameron can be blamed? The lack of communication has been since his departure imho 

Agreed. I'm not sure what events you're referring to but while KC has to take some responsibility for appointing RF I'm not sure what he has to do with current ST prices and poor communication. I'd have imagined the new administration would have set them.

In fact if I recall the last time we were relegated and KC was in charge the prices were dropped quite considerably.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Huisdean said:

I do not know Kenny Cameron but, while it appears he was a nice man, his lack of understanding, along with other board members perhaps as well, have contributed to a traumatic and quick decline in ICT's fortunes and this should not be forgotten by fans. He was the man in charge and therefore had to take responsibility for all the events that transpired.

Kenny's biggest mistake in all this is being too loyal to RF and its a mistake many of us might have made as we desperately wanted him to achieve success. At worst, Kenny let his heart rule his head and the rest is history. He has been at the club for a little less than 2 decades so to say he has a lack of understanding is incorrect.  

It is also unfair to put the blame on the lack of communication on him. He vacated the building after the final game of the season and what has happened since is in the hands of the remaining directors. I think many of them may have underestimated just how much work Kenny put in at the stadium, how much time he spent there, and how much communication actually went out because of his hands on approach or his availability ... its going to be a steep learning curve for them too, especially the new directors and whilst we are all understandably critical of the transition right now you can be sure there are quite a few folk working their socks off behind the scenes to get things in order.    

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Kenny's biggest mistake in all this is being too loyal to RF and its a mistake many of us might have made as we desperately wanted him to achieve success. At worst, Kenny let his heart rule his head and the rest is history. He has been at the club for a little less than 2 decades so to say he has a lack of understanding is incorrect.  

It is also unfair to put the blame on the lack of communication on him. He vacated the building after the final game of the season and what has happened since is in the hands of the remaining directors. I think many of them may have underestimated just how much work Kenny put in at the stadium, how much time he spent there, and how much communication actually went out because of his hands on approach or his availability ... its going to be a steep learning curve for them too, especially the new directors and whilst we are all understandably critical of the transition right now you can be sure there are quite a few folk working their socks off behind the scenes to get things in order.    

Don't disagree with what you say Scotty, but as a supporter of ICT and Caley over the last sixty years, I really fear for our club. The directors do not keep the supporters informed what is happening within the club. We are desperate to know who our next manager is going to be. But all we have is silence.  Nice to see Kilmarnock are going to get Steve Marsella, and they have told the world. Personally I feel at tis moment our directors would find it hard to manage a juvenile club.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I sooo wish there was some evidence of your last point Scotty....The lack of any communication since KC left is quite frankly shocking! Oh except when they want money..

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

I sooo wish there was some evidence of your last point Scotty....The lack of any communication since KC left is quite frankly shocking! Oh except when they want money..

There is a lack of evidence of Board activity but I do hear that there is good things going on in the background and hopefully this will start to become clearer in the next few weeks.

10 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

There is a lack of evidence of Board activity but I do hear that there is good things going on in the background and hopefully this will start to become clearer in the next few weeks.

Few weeks???? Have we got a few weeks???? 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Fraz said:

Agreed. I'm not sure what events you're referring to but while KC has to take some responsibility for appointing RF I'm not sure what he has to do with current ST prices and poor communication. I'd have imagined the new administration would have set them.

In fact if I recall the last time we were relegated and KC was in charge the prices were dropped quite considerably.

Kenny can take NO responsibility for the ST price decision, the complete bungling of the crucially important announcement of that controversial move or the more or less total information blackout there has otherwise been since relegation and his departure. That has all been under the new watch.

The lack of information, communication or even acknowledgement that the fans and the public exist, cannot be laid at the door of the departure of CaleyD (although there was a rumour that he may not remain departed.) It's not rocket science putting stuff out to the media or on social media and I'm sure plenty people could have done this - if asked to do so from boardroom level. Ross County, for instance, issued three press releases today alone - and all directly to newsdesks, avoiding the complete nuisance of constantly checking the cybersphere. So we now know that Roy MacGregor will have another face to face with the fans at a Supporters' Open Meeting, that County have appointed Emily Wilson as their new General Manager and that NEW sales of the £200 Jail End STs have risen to 300. And that's just today's ration.

This is all information which it's in the club's interest to volunteer, but I am enough of a conspiracy theorist also to note that, for instance, today's three releases show that County are 1) Communicating with their fans, including directly via the Chairman. 2) Are dealing with and publicising major appointments quickly and efficiently and 3) Are (OK with more than a little apparent help from a benefactor) attempting to increase their market share, especially in the face of the open goal which has voluntarily materialised in Inverness. Quite clearly County are specifically seeking to exploit ICT's weaknesses to their own advantage and who can blame them? It's called competition.

Meanwhile on this side there's been a complete clampdown with everything remaining in the dark - to ICT's huge peril and disadvantage. I'm mystified as to why the new Chairman, as one of his first priorities, didn't set up and publicise a face to face open meeting with the Inverness fans. I certainly know very little about him apart from an unconfirmed anecdote that he lives in Edinburgh. But even if there was really quite little to say, the gesture and being seen to have made it, would have addressed at least some of the mounting dissatisfaction we are seeing. If Roy MacGregor can do this as a matter of course, surely it's far more urgent at a critical moment for Caley Thistle?

Having observed the development of this club since before it was even born, I am quite dismayed that the critical, indeed potentially fatal, issue of obvious supporter disillusionment has now been ignored over the 23 vital days since relegation - which will best be remembered for a complete car crash of an announcement about season ticket prices.

(By the way at the time of the last relegation, George Fraser was the Chairman.)

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 8

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Kenny can take NO responsibility for the ST price decision, the complete bungling of the crucially important announcement of that controversial move or the more or less total information blackout there has otherwise been since relegation and his departure. That has all been under the new watch.

The lack of information, communication or even acknowledgement that the fans and the public exist, cannot be laid at the door of the departure of CaleyD (although there was a rumour that he may not remain departed.) It's not rocket science putting stuff out to the media or on social media and I'm sure plenty people could have done this - if asked to do so from boardroom level. Ross County, for instance, issued three press releases today alone - and all directly to newsdesks, avoiding the complete nuisance of constantly checking the cybersphere. So we now know that Roy MacGregor will have another face to face with the fans at a Supporters' Open Meeting, that County have appointed Emily Wilson as their new General Manager and that NEW sales of the £200 Jail End STs have risen to 300. And that's just today's ration.

This is all information which it's in the club's interest to volunteer, but I am enough of a conspiracy theorist also to note that, for instance, today's three releases show that County are 1) Communicating with their fans, including directly via the Chairman. 2) Are dealing with and publicising major appointments quickly and efficiently and 3) Are (OK with more than a little apparent help from a benefactor) attempting to increase their market share, especially in the face of the open goal which has voluntarily materialised in Inverness. Quite clearly County are specifically seeking to exploit ICT's weaknesses to their own advantage and who can blame them? It's called competition.

Meanwhile on this side there's been a complete clampdown with everything remaining in the dark - to ICT's huge peril and disadvantage. I'm mystified as to why the new Chairman, as one of his first priorities, didn't set up and publicise a face to face open meeting with the Inverness fans. I certainly know very little about him apart from an unconfirmed anecdote that he lives in Edinburgh. But even if there was really quite little to say, the gesture and being seen to have made it, would have addressed at least some of the mounting dissatisfaction we are seeing. If Roy MacGregor can do this as a matter of course, surely it's far more urgent at a critical moment for Caley Thistle?

Having observed the development of this club since before it was even born, I am quite dismayed that the critical, indeed potentially fatal, issue of obvious supporter disillusionment has now been ignored over the 23 vital days since relegation - which will best be remembered for a complete car crash of an announcement about season ticket prices.

(By the way at the time of the last relegation, George Fraser was the Chairman.)

Very little criticism so far in the press so far Charles re all the above. Care to speculate why? 

12 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

hate to say it, but agree with most of what you say here.

you used your soap box to wax lyrical about the 'cancer' of our society that is 'Casuals', why are you not using your privileged position to force the hand of the Club?  And eloquently state the many problems that have been highlighted here.

Just came on the post the same link. Fair play to the board for this one.

• A reduction of all season ticket prices by 10%. There is one home game less this season and this means the average cost per game is now slightly reduced. - good
  • An extension of the 'early bird' and loyalty offer to July 1st - very welcome for those who might need to wait until pay day.
  • Free entry for all Season Ticket Holders to the first game of the season - our League Cup tie at home to Brechin City on July 15th. - good
  • A higher than originally offered discount of 10% on season tickets (for holders) when we return to the Premier League (we acknowledge that there are no guarantees here). - generous and ambitious but can't fault their optimism I suppose!
  • A prize draw for all home league fixtures with the winner and a guest invited as Boardroom guests on match day. - hope caleyboy wins so he can rant about the badge from last season :wink:
  • A further draw for each home league fixture with the winner and a guest having corporate hospitality for the day. - good
  • An open day pre season for a chance for season ticket holders to meet with players (current and new), Management and Directors. - good

More likely to renew my ticket now :smile:

ETA: The revised pricing is showing on the e ticketing site by the way if anyone feels more inclined to renew.
ETAA: I've renewed on the back of this statement from the club :smile:

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 4

Excellent from the Board. We spoke, they listened so all positive moves. 

As the Brechin game on 15th July is now 'free', Stirling on the 18th here I come.

:ictscarf: