Pre-season

Sir C the 3rd

The last thread I reviewed we had only two posters online:--- S.P. and Down in the Dumps.

Frankly that's very appropriate since  the latter  just fits the bill for me and I don't know whether to get thoroughly depressed or shrug it off by thinking...." Oh well, we have to give the new Manager a real chance to cobble a good team together".... and "it's early days"...... and "these are only trial games called friendlies".

But, I feel far from buoyant and, frankly, I'm asking myself  " my goodness, what seems to have happened to our team ?"

:sad:

I phoned the club to reserve my seat for Saturdays game. I was told i would have to use voucher in season ticket book. I said that is fine and was then told that i would have to give them voucher before i can get ticket. I again said ok i just want to reserve seat. Was then told no you cant reserve your seat without presenting the voucher so i explained i did not live near Inverness and i could not give them voucher. As i am not in Inverness before Saturday now i cant reserve my seat and have been told it might sell before i can get in and i might have to sit in another part of the stadium.  

1 minute ago, Dan Clark said:

I phoned the club to reserve my seat for Saturdays game. I was told i would have to use voucher in season ticket book. I said that is fine and was then told that i would have to give them voucher before i can get ticket. I again said ok i just want to reserve seat. Was then told no you cant reserve your seat without presenting the voucher so i explained i did not live near Inverness and i could not give them voucher. As i am not in Inverness before Saturday now i cant reserve my seat and have been told it might sell before i can get in and i might have to sit in another part of the stadium.  

They couldn't run a **** up in a brewery :wink:

• Agree 2

I was in a similar position to you Dan, only I had called at the stadium before the tickets were released, I was treated very cordially by a young lady named Kristine who explained the situation and  was kind enough to take my voucher with the intentions of leaving my ticket for collection closer to the match day. No complaints from me I was impressed.

I do agree however that there should be a simpler system available for us out of town Fans, it isn't always easy to make two trips and after all if you inform the Club you are attending the match then provision should be made to ensure your seat is reserved for you. The ticket / seat, in theory, belongs to the voucher if the Club has been notified by the season ticket holder.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Dan Clark said:

Sell my seat they can have my ST back!! Thats ridiculous! 

• Agree 2

You'd think all the vouchers would have unique serial numbers so that the details could be taken over the phone or something. Then relinquish the corresponding voucher at the gate when collecting match ticket on match day.

One day we will have the technology. One day.

I went to pick up my ticket for cup game and only had my own ST but wanted two , I was told by a very pleasant dark haired girl in ticket office that I would need to come back with other book . She told me that there were plenty seats not to worry as they wouldn't sell ST seats first , so I don't think there is any need to panic over getting your own seat .

As for Chistine ( I see its spelt with a K above sorry if I got it wrong ) in main reception she is always more than helpful and welcomes you with a smile . Keep up the good work Christine ( with a K ?) 

As Renegade suggests above it may have been simpler to just produce ST on day of match and voucher taken out ....Food for thought if the occasion ever arises again that the club would dare to give us a freebie.Would save staff time and money having tickets printed .

Edited by izzy

Just now, izzy said:

I went to pick up my ticket for cup game and only had my own ST but wanted two , I was told by a very pleasant dark haired girl in ticket office that I would need to come back with other book . She told me that there were plenty seats not to worry as they wouldn't sell ST seats first , so I don't think there is any need to panic over getting your own seat .

As for Chistine ( I see its spelt with a K above sorry if I got it wrong ) in main reception she is always more than helpful and welcomes you with a smile . Keep up the good work Christine ( with a K ?) 

It is indeed Kristine with a K Izzy. 

• Agree 1

Clach game off due to growing injury list - 10 first team squad and counting. Obviously their water resistance training in the Aquadome competition pool on Sunday morning hasn't seen that list get shorter.

15 hours ago, Dan Clark said:

Wholly unacceptable in the 21st century. Season ticket holders who live some distance from Inverness are amongst the most committed fans and deserve to be treated with more consideration. Easy enough to apply a unique serial number to each voucher so that it can be used digitally.

Some things hardly seem to have changed from the Highland League days.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Wholly unacceptable in the 21st century. Season ticket holders who live some distance from Inverness are amongst the most committed fans and deserve to be treated with more consideration. Easy enough to apply a unique serial number to each voucher so that it can be used digitally.

Some things hardly seem to have changed from the Highland League days.

Agree totally! 

Its just a total lack of thought on clubs part. These little issues that annoy us could be sorted easily. Good PR costs nothing in cases like this. 

1 hour ago, 12th Man said:

It would be far simpler just to use the ticket in the book and sit anywhere but if you want to sit in your regular seat just turn up early.

Why do the club not just sell the non ST seats first? Seems simple to me?