Pre-season

Sir C the 3rd

56 minutes ago, forresjags said:

That pretty much sux.

Should we be concerned that we cannot raise a team to play a pre- season friendly.  

With our first competitive game only four days away, it's probably a sensible precaution if we are short of fit players.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Wholly unacceptable in the 21st century. Season ticket holders who live some distance from Inverness are amongst the most committed fans and deserve to be treated with more consideration. Easy enough to apply a unique serial number to each voucher so that it can be used digitally. Some things hardly seem to have changed from the Highland League days.

3 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Agree totally! Its just a total lack of thought on clubs part. These little issues that annoy us could be sorted easily. Good PR costs nothing in cases like this. 

Digital tickets with unique serial numbers would cost the club (a lot) more and whilst it would be nice, is it really needed? Seems to be a disproportionate amount of outrage on this subject but I also agree the club could also have prevented more negative PR if they simply communicated a bit better and perhaps said one of two things ....

1. Season seats are not valid for this game ... use vouchers from your book to get in free but the seating is "general admission" and first come first served ... they used to do this back in the early days when things like the odd cup game was included in your season book using the same voucher system.

2. Simply confirm that the seats to be sold first would be non season ticket holder seats and that season book holders seats were reserved until kick-off. We have a capacity of 7500+ and somewhere between 1000-2000 season ticket holders ... its not like the ground will sell out. Once the game starts then people could relocate within the stands as they wished if the seat holder didnt turn up ....

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Hiro said:

4:30pm the club put out on social media that tonight's match was cancelled. Unbelievable, nothing changes.

Aye I had a bit of a rant about it on the fb post.

It's way beyond ridiculous now

2 hours ago, Hiro said:

4:30pm the club put out on social media that tonight's match was cancelled. Unbelievable, nothing changes.

Caley Thistle tweeted the game was off 27 hours after Clach did. Absolutely shambolic. 

1 hour ago, Huisdean said:

Come on guys, I knew the game was off yesterday and this was in the local press today, a bit of outrage over very little methinks.

I wouldn't have known if it wasn't for renegade last night. Id also have already left the house by the time Inverness decided to tell the public.

2 hours ago, tm4tj said:

It was on the official site on Monday that the game was cancelled and CTO facebook page put a comment up to that effect 22 hours ago.

Sorry but I seen nothing official anywhere until just after 5pm tonight on a fb post

22 minutes ago, caley100 said:

Some people just like to have a rant, need to get some fresh air!

Some people just don't want to disappoint their kids.

1st chance we had for a pre season friendly  and it's cancelled.

The communication  being awful point stands, it's actually atrocious.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Did you check the official page?

Erm no.

As with every other game I have ever attended I expected it to be on.

And let's be honest here social media is by far anyone's easiest means of communication these days especially if say a football club wanted to contact as many people as possible at one time to let them know a game has been called off Had the means to do so ie a facebook page, Twitter account, etc etc but  left it until 3 hours to kick off before doing so.

It's not great is it

• Agree 7

4 hours ago, ferben1994 said:

Erm no.

As with every other game I have ever attended I expected it to be on.

And let's be honest here social media is by far anyone's easiest means of communication these days especially if say a football club wanted to contact as many people as possible at one time to let them know a game has been called off Had the means to do so ie a facebook page, Twitter account, etc etc but  left it until 3 hours to kick off before doing so.

It's not great is it

Fair point....why didn't whoever put the info on ictfc.com not just post it on social media? Or tell whoever does the social media posts...

Bit amateurish...but easily fixed...

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

Fair point....why didn't whoever put the info on ictfc.com not just post it on social media? Or tell whoever does the social media posts...

Maybe easily fixed but much like the manner of Duncan Shearer's dismissal and the season ticket announcement debacle, much better avoided in the first place. The club are continuing to project a poor public image. It needs to stop.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 6

5 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

The club have used social media has the primary place for news for years now.  In fact, I went on the website the other week and it hadn't seemed to have been updated in ages - as well as the fact that it's a mess to manoeuvre around at the best of times.

Strange it took them the aforementioned 27 hours after Clach had tweeted that the game was off.  They usually can't get stuff on Twitter fast enough, whether it be horrendous Super Bowl 'commentary' or a tidal wave of tweets advertising hospitality.

• Agree 1