Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

Yes, for me, OFW was too inconsistent.  He was poor at positioning himself for free kicks just outside the box.  I still blame him for the goal against Astra in, what I think, was his first match for us.  How our European debut could have been different if he'd stopped that one!

• Agree 1

A few thoughts on the guys we've signed/been linked with:

Baird - the sort of hardworking striker that fans generally love to have in their team. The Championship is his level - brief steps up to the top flight with Dundee and Partick didn't go well for him.  Only scored 8 league goals last year though (and none since February) despite being a regular in a good Falkirk side. In my view he's a decent squad player to have but he won't get anywhere near Adam Rooney's goals total from 2009/10.

Ridgers - seems to have spent his entire career as a backup, aside from one season at Airdrie.  Didn't impress when given his chance at St. Mirren a few years back. I'd have been happy with him on the bench but not convinced about him as first choice at all.

Chalmers - was a decent prospect at Celtic and initially did ok at Motherwell before struggling badly last season. His confidence looked shot - if Robbo could build it back up then he could give us decent cover.

Ferguson - Still young but didn't impress when Motherwell gave him his chance.

McAllister - I saw him play for Peterhead in March and wasn't impressed - not as mobile as he used to be.  I'd be amazed if we wanted him, or if he wanted to come to us.

Nick Ross - we haven't been linked with him yet but hopefully we will be! I'd take him back like a shot.  My mum saw him in the Retail Park Tesco on Monday...

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

McAllister - I saw him play for Peterhead in March and wasn't impressed - not as mobile as he used to be.  I'd be amazed if we wanted him, or if he wanted to come to us.

Nick Ross - we haven't been linked with him yet but hopefully we will be! I'd take him back like a shot.  My mum saw him in the Retail Park Tesco on Monday...

Where has anyone seen anything official that Rory is on trial?

I see he's been released by Plymouth. Seems to have become half-decent in the years since he left us.  He was very inconsistent last time - some games pretty solid, others absolutely abysmal.

Edited by Renegade

50 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I see he's been released by Plymouth. Seems to have become half-decent in the years since he left us.  He was very inconsistent last time - some games pretty solid, others absolutely abysmal.

Unused sub in both Liverpool ties. 

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

As far as OFW is concerned, if someone were prepared to pay a half reasonable fee for him, I wouldn't be devastated to see go.

Agreed, but what would you class as a half reasonable fee? Given that he is probably on too high a wage for us now that and we have basically announced that we want rid of him, we aren't going to get much. £25,000?

30 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Agreed, but what would you class as a half reasonable fee? Given that he is probably on too high a wage for us now that and we have basically announced that we want rid of him, we aren't going to get much. £25,000?

You may well be right but I would be looking for closer to six figures.

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

35 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

You may well be right but I would be looking for closer to six figures.

I think Yngwie will be much nearer the mark being one of the largest earners I don't think we can afford to keep him!  John Robertson stated on signing John Baird he was here to play for the club not the money :blink:

I fail to understand some fans wanting Nick Ross back. Didn't perform at Dundee despite playing a fair number of games, something that many fans complained he didn't get here. Far too light weight and contributes little to the team despite his undoubted skill.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

Will be overjoyed to get rid of Boden, no matter how bad foran was at getting the best from the players he had, to me Boden just never looked remotely interested or motivated. Terrible waste of money. If true about Raven it is sad to see, however I think he struggled with the pace last season and would be another big wage bill 

• Agree 3

24 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Surprised that Raven is not worth another year at this level.

Raven would be worth at least another year at Premiership level never mind the Championship. I would be very disappointed to see him let go.

• Agree 3

12 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

A few thoughts on the guys we've signed/been linked with:

Baird - the sort of hardworking striker that fans generally love to have in their team. The Championship is his level - brief steps up to the top flight with Dundee and Partick didn't go well for him.  Only scored 8 league goals last year though (and none since February) despite being a regular in a good Falkirk side. In my view he's a decent squad player to have but he won't get anywhere near Adam Rooney's goals total from 2009/10.

Ridgers - seems to have spent his entire career as a backup, aside from one season at Airdrie.  Didn't impress when given his chance at St. Mirren a few years back. I'd have been happy with him on the bench but not convinced about him as first choice at all.

Chalmers - was a decent prospect at Celtic and initially did ok at Motherwell before struggling badly last season. His confidence looked shot - if Robbo could build it back up then he could give us decent cover.

Ferguson - Still young but didn't impress when Motherwell gave him his chance.

Nick Ross seemingly going to Spain. Currently talking to two second tier teams.

Any news on this guy.

Scott Davidson signed from neighbours Clach FC in December 2015 and made has made a significant impact since his arrival, netting several key goals in his short time here, including a double at Grant Street Park , when Fort William FC ran out 2-1 winners.  A player that is always developing, has an ability to hold the ball up well, create chances out of nothing and score when he wants, Scottie is quickly becoming a fans favourite.

A fee for OFW?!? The only fee likely to be payable is the the one we'll need to pay to get him off the books. Zero market value.  Seems like a nice bloke but apart from his worldy in the Celtic game a regular bombscare. That being said County fan  Ridgers could be worse. Anyone got Deano's number?