Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

2 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Any news on this guy.

Scott Davidson signed from neighbours Clach FC in December 2015 and made has made a significant impact since his arrival, netting several key goals in his short time here, including a double at Grant Street Park , when Fort William FC ran out 2-1 winners.  A player that is always developing, has an ability to hold the ball up well, create chances out of nothing and score when he wants, Scottie is quickly becoming a fans favourite.

Will be very surprised if we go any further, nice lad, will probably have good HFL career and father a legend. We must remember that not many HFL players have the attitude, commitment or consistency needed to succeed in full-time football.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

As I recall, OFW started to make mistakes after the injury or injuries he encountered. If he managed to get fully fit again why would he not be able to, ultimately, be able to perform to his former capability? I  feel quite sorry for the guy since these injuries must have been, from all accounts, very debilitating and confidence-reducing.

But at this stage in our career we can't afford to have a player who either is never going to regain his capabilities or simply is still not fit enough for the real struggle ahead for ICT  to get back upstairs.?

And I agree that nick Ross is not enough of a really pulsating, aggressive player  to push us forward to the top of the Championship. He's clean cut in his footie perhaps but  neat passing of  just a few yards here and there does not constitute a penetrating attack.

• Agree 1

With regard to Rory McAllister, and his previous of turning down  full time gigs to remain a plumber and get a high PT wage, is there anything in the rules that says we couldn't sign him for a year part time in the championship or do full time clubs have to only sign full time Players? 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

With regard to Rory McAllister, and his previous of turning down  full time gigs to remain a plumber and get a high PT wage, is there anything in the rules that says we couldn't sign him for a year part time in the championship or do full time clubs have to only sign full time Players? 

Aye..  He couldn't cut it 6-7 years ago when he was full time, Now over thirty and slowing up there is no way Rory is good enough now. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

I have often thought that there was merit in having some part time players in the squad especially if their local employers were flexible enough to perhaps adjust their hours to let them train a couple of mornings a week with the full timers. It would cut our costs and enable us to attract some promising lower league players who are maybe and understandably not willing to take the risk of turning full time and abandoning careers outwith football.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, ictchris said:

There's absolutely no chance we'll get a fee for OFW. 

I'd suggest we'll let him go for free in order to get his huge salary off the wage bill. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Hiro said:

I'd suggest we'll let him go for free in order to get his huge salary off the wage bill. 

No doubt that OFW will be one of our highest paid players. No doubt that, with our reduced status, we would be keen to save or free up that money but there is nobody at the TCS on what could be described as a huge salary and OFW's salary for last season would have been covered by what we received from UEFA for his participation in the Euros.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

No doubt that OFW will be one of our highest paid players. No doubt that, with our reduced status, we would be keen to save or free up that money but there is nobody at the TCS on what could be described as a huge salary and OFW's salary for last season would have been covered by what we received from UEFA for his participation in the Euros.

You are probably right Kingsmills but it depends on how much of the UEFA fee Cameron gave him to sign on again. However, I class £1500 plus per week as HUGE for a club of our size and the crowds we attract.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Hiro said:

I think that might happen will just wait and see

6 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

You are probably right Kingsmills but it depends on how much of the UEFA fee Cameron gave him to sign on again. However, I class £1500 plus per week as HUGE for a club of our size and the crowds we attract.

Spot on caleyboy

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Depends what your definition of huge salary is? If it is £1500 (or around that figure) that he is getting paid, with all the talk of people being laid off in the wake of our relegation, then yes, out the door.  I'm sure OFW weekly wage is more than some people at the clubs monthly wage. It probably is more than what 95%  of folk get paid in Inverness in any other line of work.

Footballers wages are completely out of control. Average guys like this, floating around small clubs potentially hoovering up close to £100000 a year. Ridiculous.

plus all his money from his painting! (Joke btw)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

Depends what your definition of huge salary is? If it is £1500 (or around that figure) that he is getting paid, with all the talk of people being laid off in the wake of our relegation, then yes, out the door.  I'm sure OFW weekly wage is more than some people at the clubs monthly wage. It probably is more than what 95%  of folk get paid in Inverness in any other line of work.

Footballers wages are completely out of control. Average guys like this, floating around small clubs potentially hoovering up close to £100000 a year. Ridiculous.

plus all his money from his painting! (Joke btw)

I had overlooked his painting 'skills'. There are large parts of the stadium in need of a lick of paint. Maybe we should retain him and get full value for his salary :smile:

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

It's a huge salary relative to our current position/the average person. Other than a handful of his teammates & some Dundee Utd players it will also be among the highest in the division. There's no Euro money to fund it this year of which pretty much 100% went on his salary.

14 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Might be coincidence but Drapers wife's beauty salon on Telford Street has a "To Let" sign on it 

What are you doing at the beauty salon? :lol: Rumour is he is heading along the A96, I hope not but if he is I hope they offer a fair price for him!

7 hours ago, Renegade said:

I saw on Twitter that some Dundee fans had been saying on their forum that Dundee were making a move for Meekings and Draper.

I wouldn't be suprised at all - assuming that if Draper is under contract, that we would be due a fee (barring any relegation release clauses aside).

Wouldn't blame either of them if they went, thought Meekings would be away anyway, but would be really gutted if we lost Draper - it's been said that 'when Draper plays well, Inverness play well).

Would love to see Nick Ross back - can't understand the negative comments on here about him! Yes, he isn't Ross Draper (or Greg "I've got the move I always wanted" Tansey) but if Drapes goes, our midfield will definetly need shoring up & a player who knows the club (& some of the players) would be an asset. 

We need to remember the market we are in & the level of player we can attract - either young 'rough diamonds' or older players with a point to prove (e.g released by another club).

Think Rory Mcallister is a non starter - maybe he's just training with us to keep his fitness up?

9 hours ago, Renegade said:

I saw on Twitter that some Dundee fans had been saying on their forum that Dundee were making a move for Meekings and Draper.

Meekings is feasible but Dundee wouldn't be able to pay a fee for Draper. Also, Dundee fans have a reputation of being notoriously deluded about their club. See some of the weapons on P & B and their hilarious valuations of their players. Some genuinely thought they could get seven figures for players like Stewart and Hemmings.