Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

17 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Striker and GK signing about to be announced.

would assume therefore that OFW and BOden are defo out the door....

Not so sure about Boden departing as we are still short of striking options.

9 hours ago, Yngwie said:

But equally, think what a terrible team you could assemble with that logic!

Only talking about Nick Ross - should start a thread about worst ex players, methinks...nightmare ICT XI!

Goalkeeper-malkowski, have to put Vetle Andresen in defence too - must take some personality to rile Pele!

54 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Not so sure about Boden departing as we are still short of striking options.

Boden? Well, if we can find other options - would prefer Baird to Boden, but very light up front as has been said. If Robbo can find another striker, then fair enough.

Up front is a position that I'm sure Robbo will know exactly the sort of player to go for..

OFW? I do like him but he has been far too erratic lately. If we can lighten the wage bill, probably worth moving on.

Chris Coleman will hardly be picking players from the championship anyway, I wouldn't think

Edited by jingsmonty
Additional text

12 minutes ago, Bronson said:

There is ypung lad from hearts that ribbon was coaching think his surname is Bikey.  Dundee Utd were after him.but apparently he is ready to sign.for us. Ribbon a big influence on him.

Bikey from Stirling Albion? Hearts seemed to sign him because Hibs were interested, then loan him back to Albion before eventually releasing him (I think). 

10 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

You had me confused there Bronson, I thought it was new nickname for him since he was here last.

He is referring to the red and blue ribbons that will be adorning the Championship trophy come May.

6 hours ago, Renegade said:

I'd imagine the striker will be Scott Davidson after the interview with John Robertson in yesterdays Press and Journal.  Talked about him glowingly.

Well, if he's on his way in, that's another one.  Not the name that I learned. Not divulging, to protect source! Might get more info going forward

13 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Striker and GK signing about to be announced.

would assume therefore that OFW and BOden are defo out the door....

If Boden has even been back in the door since the end of the season...

Surely if messrs; Warren, Raven, Boden, Fon-Williams, Mulraney  and McNaughton are not back training today we can assume they are not part of Robertson's plans. I don't buy any suggestion that they were "still on holiday" - they had a full month to have their holiday and senior players should not be missing the first week of pre-season training given the season we've just experienced. Looking at the 17 players in the training pic which was circulating last week we have a very limited group to choose from and need reinforcements urgently.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, ymip said:

Surely if messrs; Warren, Raven, Boden, Fon-Williams, Mulraney  and McNaughton are not back training today we can assume they are not part of Robertson's plans

If that is true then its about time the club showed fans a bit of decency - many have purchased season tickets by now and we still have ne knowledge of whether senior players have been released or not. This lack of communication just shows that since last season nothing has changed. If players finished last season still under contract we have every right to expect then to be here, if they are let go due to cost cutting then we should be told - I renewed my ST and accepted the pricing farce based on expecting to have a team capable of challenging to win the league, however the more I read the less likely I think its going to be the case. 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, ymip said:

Surely if messrs; Warren, Raven, Boden, Fon-Williams, Mulraney  and McNaughton are not back training today we can assume they are not part of Robertson's plans. I don't buy any suggestion that they were "still on holiday" - they had a full month to have their holiday and senior players should not be missing the first week of pre-season training given the season we've just experienced. Looking at the 17 players in the training pic which was circulating last week we have a very limited group to choose from and need reinforcements urgently.

Bear in mind Robbo asked the squad to come in for pre-season a week early. It's not unreasonable for some to be still on holiday.

• Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Renegade said:

McNaughton has gone. 

Given the amount he has earned in his career and the fact that we paid him for a season where he was hardly fit to play, I thought that he might have felt an obligation to give us a season in return for a modest Championship salary. Disappointing.

• Agree 5

22 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Given the amount he has earned in his career and the fact that we paid him for a season where he was hardly fit to play, I thought that he might have felt an obligation to give us a season in return for a modest Championship salary. Disappointing.

You'd imagine he was one of the higher earners as well.  Going by his replies on Twitter, he did suggest his playing career wasn't over.