22 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Five signings

Joe Chalmers

David Ferguson 

George Oakley 

Mark Ridgers

Ivor Lawton

?

None of them have signed yet though Ridgers is imminent and Oakley has been offered a deal. Baird is our only confirmed signing.

Whilst we obviously need to recruit to supplement our now wafer thin squad, in my view, the most important thing is to retain Ross Draper. In what is likely to be a physical and combative league, his presence could be the difference between challenging for promotion and battling relegation. Yes, he is likely to be on a high salary by our standards but to shed him would be a false economy.

• Agree 10

1 hour ago, IBM said:

One of 7 players that were allegedly on 2k plus a week last season  :ohmy:

Hardly a shock considering we have or had players like Draper, Tansey, OFW, Vigurs, Doran, Warren, even a loanee like Billy although if Boden was towards the top of the earnings list its very surprising and raises questions on our recruitment and negotiation skills at getting VFM. 

If it is true about Boden's salary, he has to be right up there amongst our worst ever signings. At least Barrowman scored a few goals. 

I shudder to think how much we had to pay him to leave.

Looks like he is going to sign for Wrexham.

Astounded by the amount Boden is rumoured to be getting paid. What a complete waste of money that transfer has been. Certainly hope that the termination of his contract was by mutual consent rather than a pay off!

32 minutes ago, SteveA said:

According to the Scottish Sun we have signed Riccardo Calder on a free on a two year deal. Ex Aston Villa and Dundee winger. 

I think I would prefer to wait until that's been confirmed in a newspaper.

• Agree 8

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

According to the Scottish Sun we have signed Riccardo Calder on a free on a two year deal. Ex Aston Villa and Dundee winger. 

Really hoping he is the long lost son of Jim, sired during a post-season trip to Mexico and he's returned home to win the respect of his now ageing but still legendary father.

• Agree 6

Don't remember Calder doing much at Dundee.  Was at a time when Hartley had a massive squad and signed every player he could though as I recall.

I know little about him really, but apparently he's mainly a left winger, but can also play in the middle and at left back.

Edited by Renegade

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

Don't remember Calder doing much at Dundee.  Was at a time when Hartley had a massive squad and signed every player he could though as I recall.

I know little about him really, but apparently he's mainly a left winger, but can also play in the middle and at left back.

Found some Villa fans chatting about him on Twitter and saying he was a defender and DM. Sounds like a bit of versatility which is what we need.

7 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Foran. Doubt he ever saw him play though.

FFS, between Boden and Doumbaya, combined with the freezing out of Fisher until the end, Richie really screwed up. A couple of decisions which probably cost us staying up. Facepalm.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

FFS, between Boden and Doumbaya, combined with the freezing out of Fisher until the end, Richie really screwed up. A couple of decisions which probably cost us staying up. Facepalm.

Yeah and the worst thing about him, his biggest mistake and ultimate fail was his complete and utter refusal to believe that even when it was blatantly obvious to everyone else, internally and externally that his players and tactics weren't working, that he might have been wrong. His stubbornness and pig headed determination to see it through in his own vision single handedly cost us our place in the spl 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Yeah and the worst thing about him, his biggest mistake and ultimate fail was his complete and utter refusal to believe that even when it was blatantly obvious to everyone else, internally and externally that his players and tactics weren't working, that he might have been wrong. His stubbornness and pig headed determination to see it through in his own vision single handedly cost us our place in the spl 

It was a trait that served him and us well as a player and club captain but which proved to be a fatally flawed quality in an inexperienced manager.

• Agree 2