Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

23 minutes ago, jagster said:

Cheers. Wouldn't it be good if his Uncle came even once to see him play :ictscarf:

But wouldn't it be better if we could stop going on about the poor guy's uncle! 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

One thing the fans on this forum seem United on the the need to retain Ross Draper. Let's hope that the board are paying attention.

Yep, he must stay. He is an ICT legend, fans favourite, industrious hard working player, decent chap and I love him (oops did I really say that) :lol:

Blue and red stripes are his colours, Navy certainly is not!!

:ictscarf:

4 minutes ago, Caman said:

Yep, he must stay. He is an ICT legend, fans favourite, industrious hard working player, decent chap and I love him (oops did I really say that) :lol:

Blue and red stripes are his colours, Navy certainly is not!!

:ictscarf:

Definetly-there can't be anyone on here who would be happy to see Drapes go, whatever the fee involved is!

I'm suprised that no other club is in for him-kinda expected him to be heading along the A96...or down the A9 to Perth...glad he is still here, long may that continue!!

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, caley100 said:

I'm pretty sure Robbo would have a better eye for a player than Richie!  A lot more experience and probably a lot better contacts.

That's certainly the hope anyway.

Back of the P & J has Robbo allegedly rebuffing another Staggies offer for Draper and basically telling them to make the club an offer it can't refuse for the guy. I say allegedly as I've only seen the headline and can't read the actual story so there may not be any quotes to support the headline.

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

That's certainly the hope anyway.

Back of the P & J has Robbo allegedly rebuffing another Staggies offer for Draper and basically telling them to make the club an offer it can't refuse for the guy. I say allegedly as I've only seen the headline and can't read the actual story so there may not be any quotes to support the headline.

Rejected 80k

Caley Thistle manager John Robertson insists midfielder Ross Draper will not be sold on the cheap despite continuing interest from Highland rivals Ross County.

Staggies manager Jim McIntyre is determined to land Englishman Draper, despite failing to meet Inverness’ valuation of the midfielder with his latest bid of £80,000.

Draper has been one of Caley Jags’ most consistent performers in recent seasons, but is one of the club’s highest-earners following relegation to the Championship.

The 28-year-old has two years remaining on his contract and Robertson says Caley Jags will not be pressured into selling him.

Robertson said: “County have enquired, but their valuation of Ross is nowhere near what we think he is worth.

“He’s a big player for us. The board have factored Ross and his wage into the budget, so we are under no pressure unless it’s a very substantial bid.

“But it’s not on our radar right now. We don’t want him to go. Ross is aware of that.”

Draper has made 201 appearances for Caley Jags since joining from Macclesfield Town in 2012, and was part of the Inverness side that won the Scottish Cup two years ago.

Despite Caley Jags’ relegation from the Premiership, Robertson is confident Draper will continue to give his all for the club, and he added: “We will keep him abreast of everything that’s happening and as we saw again in our friendly against Brora Rangers on Tuesday night, his attitude is first class.

“That’s why we’re happy to keep him. If any team puts in an offer that the board feel is acceptable, it will be looked at. But right now, they are nowhere near the value we expect for Ross.

“We can’t and will never dissuade any club from making a bid for our good players.

” Ross is a very good player but unless it’s something outstanding, that we feel we can’t turn down, he won’t be going anywhere.”

• Agree 1

Cheers guys. Can't help but feel it's pretty similar to Ryan Christie when Hughes was talking about interest from Celtic. If County match our valuation he'll be off.

I'd hate to see him go OTB but I think there is an inevitability about this. If Draper is offered better personal terms and the opportunity of playing in the top flight then who could blame him for taking that at this stage in his career. Any comment by the two clubs is just posturing and in reality their valuations won't be too far apart. Draper would be a good fit in the County side and if Robbo is talking about "an offer we can't refuse" then I think it's highly likely such an offer will be coming. Bear in mind that Draper is likely to be away for free at the end of his contract

9 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Ross County have about £1m or so to invest from the sale of Boyce in addition to other substantial assets. I suspect £150 to £200 k would be enuff!!

That's a good point (although the amount they received from Boyce was never disclosed and I can't imagine it being close to £1 million). We know County have a fair bit of dosh after the Boyce deal so they can easily stump some more. If we're going to sell Draper then we should take the buying club to the cleaners like the French and German sides do when a minted EPL club bids for one of their players.

We absolutely must not sell Draper. Simple as. 200k or whatever it is we'll accept for him is nothing in terms of what a sustained period in the Championship will cost us. He is by far our best player and someone we simply have to keep this season. Can we as fans show the board how desperate we are to keep Draper? We stood up over season tickets and look what happened. We just can't afford to lose our best player so late into the transfer window and the season kicking off in 9 days. 

• Agree 3

Sounds to me like the club are trying to show the fans a sense of fight and resistance, but ultimately I'd be surprised if there's not already an agreement behind the scenes. It'll all come down to whether or not Draper feels it's a good move for him, money wise yes... Top flight football yes... But to leave a club very close to his heart when they are in a great position potentially with the management of Robbo and the type of players he's able to attract and the strong liklihood of being involved with a team pushing for promotion and the attention that will bring... No! I don't think any of us know Drapers thoughts but reading between the lines I would say he's got far too much integrity and respect for ICT and the fans and himself, to simply hop across the bridge for a wage similar to what he's on now, especially when he's so obviously held in high regard by Robbo and the club 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, IBM said:

Rejected 80k

1 hour ago, IBM said:

Rejected 80k

18 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

It all has a ring of familiarity and inevitability. :sad:

Don't let them add insult to injury !!!!

2 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Oh dear. That statement strongly suggests that we are simply inviting County to increase their offer. Whether we sell Ross or not will say a great deal about our ambition or the lack of it..

Or an indication of just how badly we need the cash from the transfer and that saved from his wages.

20 minutes ago, RiG said:

Or an indication of just how badly we need the cash from the transfer and that saved from his wages.

To be fair in the statement it was quoted thar Ross and his wages were already factored into this years budget.

As we all know a footballers future is fraught with dangers and uncertainty, I am sure Ross will be weighing up all the pros and cons and will not make a hurried decision

Certainly under Foran's regime he looked rather unsettled at times, on the other hand he knows just how valuable he is to the Fans and how much we appreciate his being on our side. It's, as pre-mentioned, the personal terms and his own feelings that are most important and whatever decision he comes to I hope will be the right one for him.

A niggling worry to me is whether or not the Board are putting pressure on Robbo to make the sale, so many 'out of character' issues have been happening with the Board recently. Hopefully not and the that as his costs have already been factored into the budget could rule that out.

There's already roughly a £200,000 difference between keeping and selling Draper - what's that, about a fifth or a quarter of our entire wage budget for the season?

Easy to see why we might sell him and bring in several additional players, but hard to imagine that any of them could be of the same calibre and influence as the one we'd be losing.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, ferben1994 said:

To be fair in the statement it was quoted thar Ross and his wages were already factored into this years budget.

I'm sure they are however for the wages that Draper is likely to be on JR will be able to bring in a couple of extra players in his place much like he has done or is doing now that Boden is off the books.

It's a tough one. Do you keep one of the best players at the club and probably someone who is captain material as well to drive the team forward or do you flog them and use the cash freed up to bring in two or three players in other areas where the team needs strengthened? For me, ideally, other players get shipped out, use the money saved to bring in some other faces and keep Draper. But I seldom get what I want :laugh:

10 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

It would be nice if OFW were to find himself a new club imminently to free up one huge wage and take the pressure off any temptation to consider county's mediocre offers 

I'd be pretty sure OFW's wage has already been excluded from the budget so there's no additional money when he goes. 

Sometimes it's best to sell players when you get a great offer for them.  If we sold Draper and managed to get three good quality players from the wages and fee then selling him would make sense.

The club have actually suffered a lot by imposing red lines on who can stay and go.  You could argue it was us refusing the countenance Hughes going to Dundee Utd that has lead us to be relegated.

15 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

It would be nice if OFW were to find himself a new club imminently to free up one huge wage and take the pressure off any temptation to consider county's mediocre offers 

My thoughts too - OFW must be on his way out, I see no reason as to why we would have signed Ridgers otherwise.

Definetly have to keep Drapes if possible - but as others have said, it's got a lot to do with what Ross feels is best for himself & his family.

On thr bright side, at least its not Aberdeen that are chasing him!!