Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

2 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Sometimes it's best to sell players when you get a great offer for them.  If we sold Draper and managed to get three good quality players from the wages and fee then selling him would make sense.

The club have actually suffered a lot by imposing red lines on who can stay and go.  You could argue it was us refusing the countenance Hughes going to Dundee Utd that has lead us to be relegated.

It's a difficult one - Tansey springs to mind as well, in hindsight we might have been better taking the £200k that Aberdeen were willing to pay 2 Januarys ago..

In this situation we owe Ross the chance to make the best decision for his family and career. 

But that does not mean  he will move on if caley can offer him the security and longer term aspirations he needs. Post football career , best schools, settled family, supportive town. 

I hope he is valued correctly at over 300k and that eliminates a lot of nuisance enquiries but if someone does bid high it really is his decision.

1 hour ago, jingsmonty said:

My thoughts too - OFW must be on his way out, I see no reason as to why we would have signed Ridgers otherwise.

Definetly have to keep Drapes if possible - but as others have said, it's got a lot to do with what Ross feels is best for himself & his family.

On thr bright side, at least its not Aberdeen that are chasing him!!

Not that we yet know of.

Another defender signs, this time on loan. A quick Google for the lad seems to indicate that he is 20 years old and a CB.

Edited by RiG

Clearly no player at the club is, "not for sale", but selling Draper to County would be a massively negative move and would paint a very bleak picture in terms of emphasising the power shift in the Highlands.  I very much hope we can keep hold of Ross but pray that he goes anywhere but over the bridge if he is departing.

With regard to OFW by my reckoning we currently have six (6) goalkeepers on professional contracts; OFW, Ryan Esson, Mark Ridgers, Cammy Mackay, Daniel Hoban & Martin MacKinnon.  Unless I'm misinformed and one or more of the younger lads have moved on?  Seems like rather a sizeable number of keepers to have on the books at one time..... 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Calder confirmed on two year deal with Matty Elsdon joining on loan from Middlesbrough FC without mention of length of loan. 

Six months.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Six months.

season loan

this is the club press release: 

Inverness Caledonian Thistle Manager John Robertson has completed a double swoop with the signings of Riccardo Calder and Matthew Elsdon.

The twenty one year old Calder, who’s formerly of Aston Villa has signed a two year deal and has already had a taste of the Scottish game following a loan spell with Dundee in 2015. He’s also had loan spells at Doncaster Rovers and Lincoln City.

Twenty year old Elsdon, who plays in central defence, joins the club on a season long loan from English Championship side Middlesbrough.

Elsdon.JPG

Calder.JPG

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

19 hours ago, Yngwie said:

But wouldn't it be better if we could stop going on about the poor guy's uncle! 

Or better yet we find out if the lad has a twitter account and all pester him to get his uncle to sign as well! 

Because we're a "family club" 

Oh and uncle Clarence would absolutely boss the Scottish championship even at 41.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I see Wrexham have officially signed Scott Boden so we can finally truly say cheerio to one of our worst ever strikers. 

I see a poll on the way....

Early leading contenders probably being Boden and Andy Barrowman. 

12 minutes ago, Council Juice said:

I see a poll on the way....

Early leading contenders probably being Boden and Andy Barrowman. 

On the other hand, we could be optimistic and forward looking rather than dwelling on past errors.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Council Juice said:

Or better yet we find out if the lad has a twitter account and all pester him to get his uncle to sign as well! 

Because we're a "family club" 

Oh and uncle Clarence would absolutely boss the Scottish championship even at 41.

Nice thought...!

6 hours ago, mikeyrob73 said:

i suspect we wont see Draper play for us again, undisclosed deal and all that. Shame as i thought he could be the player we built the team around this season.

I really hope not, but suspect you may be right - worth offering Drapes a contract extension, to show how much he is valued & provide a bit more security for him & his family?

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

I really hope not, but suspect you may be right - worth offering Drapes a contract extension, to show how much he is valued & provide a bit more security for him & his family?

Whether Drapers stays or not, this is the most radical overhaul of the squad we have undertaken in our history in a single close season. Very different from the last time we were relegated and retained our management and very nearly the entire first team squad including the prolific Adam Rooney.

I hope that fans will bear that in mind and be patient without getting on the players backs early in the season if we do not get off to the best of starts. I would anticipate that it could take six to eight weeks at least for this new team with a new manager and a different style of play to gel and find their collective feet. We need to give this team at least until October before even beginning to pass judgement.

• Agree 9

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Whether Drapers stays or not, this is the most radical overhaul of the squad we have undertaken in our history in a single close season. Very different from the last time we were relegated and retained our management and very nearly the entire first team squad including the prolific Adam Rooney.

I hope that fans will bear that in mind and be patient without getting on the players backs early in the season if we do not get off to the best of starts. I would anticipate that it could take six to eight weeks at least for this new team with a new manager and a different style of play to gel and find their collective feet. We need to give this team at least until October before even beginning to pass judgement.

What I would love to know is -  Where is all the money coming from?

11 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

What I would love to know is -  Where is all the money coming from?

Well we're not really spending any money. We've released half our squad, many high earners, so even if we replace every one of them it's unlikely we'll be spending anywhere close as much on individual wages. Meaning that whilst we might have similar numbers  (likely less) we'll likely have a far smaller wage bill.

17 minutes ago, Council Juice said:

Well we're not really spending any money. We've released half our squad, many high earners, so even if we replace every one of them it's unlikely we'll be spending anywhere close as much on individual wages. Meaning that whilst we might have similar numbers  (likely less) we'll likely have a far smaller wage bill.

There are 2 highest earners away Boden & Meekings 5 still there and Draper is not one of them allegedly!

Edited by IBM