Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

Yes. Rangers are still in the bedding-in stage. I hope Mr Caixhaino can translate into more than one official language 'cos in the heat of the moment much Spanish (and possibly Portuguese) will be screeched in this maelstrom of a mixed bunch. Will  a slight case of discombobulation end up being the result?. With IHE leading the pacvk, of course. Also, although the new players  may be very good at home,  on the Scottish park they may well have difficulty adapting to Scottish fitba about which they have not yet had any experience of note so far.

And if our players come out in kilts in the first game against them that could really cause consternation in their ranks.:laugh:

As for Ross Draper, his value to the team in terms of experience and the steadiness factor in a very crucial year  for the club may prove critical this term so the price should be steep , say a minimum of 240,500 pounds.  County will come back at 189,000 and ICT will counter at 229,500 pounds with a bottom line of, say, 225,500. Then sit tight and see what happens. There are bags of money in Dingwall so....  there!

We gain either way and the sooner it all happens the better because  then the team can really get settled. Personally speaking, I want him to stay both for him and for the club.

9 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Agreed.  Although I am more than happy to pass judgement now on The Rangers revamped side  :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:.  

Yep, definetly need to give the team time to gel - hopefully we will make better 'Progress' than Sevco...:lol: we made a better stab at European football!!

In fairness, our squad was probably in need of a thorough overhaul...

Will be very suprised if OFW is still with us for much longer - suspect he's busy looking for another club just now, presumably we would negotiate a release for him as I believe he's still under contract?

Pretty positive signings so far though...

Edited by jingsmonty

Absolutely no to the sale of Draper to RC. A derisory offer which is a total p*ss take on their part. We simply cannot allow them to progress at our expense.

Make him a contract extension he cannot refuse, demonstrate to him and the fans we are serious about returning at the first time of asking and last season was just a blip.

We do not need a huge squad so bringing in more inferior players just because we have freed up wages by selling him on is just plain nonsense.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Absolutely no to the sale of Draper to RC. A derisory offer which is a total p*ss take on their part. We simply cannot allow them to progress at our expense.

Make him a contract extension he cannot refuse, demonstrate to him and the fans we are serious about returning at the first time of asking and last season was just a blip.

We do not need a huge squad so bringing in more inferior players just because we have freed up wages by selling him on is just plain nonsense.

It would be fantastic to keep Draper and I very much hope we will and I agree that County's current offer is nowhere close to his worth but we have to be realistic. We are in no financial position to make him or anyone else an 'offer he can't refuse'. Perhaps if he stays and we are fortunate enough to get promoted out of what will be a very tough division we can look at a contract extension then. For the time being, the reality is that we are a Championship club who are going to have to survive on a modest parachute payment and crowds unlikely to average more than a couple of thousand or so and will need cut our cloth accordingly.

The long term secure future of the club is much more important than retaining the services of one player no matter how good or influential that player may be.

Agreed the long term future of the club cannot be compromised, but at least with Draper you know what you are getting. Selling him and using his wages to bring in maybe 2 or 3 more untried lower league players does not guarantee success. RC are probably loving every minute of this unsettling our most influential player.   

38 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Really, really DON'T want to lose Drapes to the Mallard Minks but 

10 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Yes. Rangers are still in the bedding-in stage. I hope Mr Caixhaino can translate into more than one official language 'cos in the heat of the moment much Spanish (and possibly Portuguese) will be screeched in this maelstrom of a mixed bunch. Will  a slight case of discombobulation end up being the result?. With IHE leading the pacvk, of course. Also, although the new players  may be very good at home,  on the Scottish park they may well have difficulty adapting to Scottish fitba about which they have not yet had any experience of note so far.

And if our players come out in kilts in the first game against them that could really cause consternation in their ranks.:laugh:

As for Ross Draper, his value to the team in terms of experience and the steadiness factor in a very crucial year  for the club may prove critical this term so the price should be steep , say a minimum of 240,500 pounds.  County will come back at 189,000 and ICT will counter at 229,500 pounds with a bottom line of, say, 225,500. Then sit tight and see what happens. There are bags of money in Dingwall so....  there!

We gain either way and the sooner it all happens the better because  then the team can really get settled. Personally speaking, I want him to stay both for him and for the club.

Think this is what will, realistically happen - the £80k offer is a total insult, but if we get a sizeable offer, we may have to sell, in the interests of the team. Would be happy if we could give Drapes a contract extension, as this may entice him to stay - he is a lynchpin of our team, but we've lost out in the past by not selling (Tansey, anyone?) and nobody is bigger than the team, after all.

May come down to what Ross himself decides is best for his future...

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

It would be fantastic to keep Draper and I very much hope we will and I agree that County's current offer is nowhere close to his worth but we have to be realistic. We are in no financial position to make him or anyone else an 'offer he can't refuse'. Perhaps if he stays and we are fortunate enough to get promoted out of what will be a very tough division we can look at a contract extension then. For the time being, the reality is that we are a Championship club who are going to have to survive on a modest parachute payment and crowds unlikely to average more than a couple of thousand or so and will need cut our cloth accordingly.

The long term secure future of the club is much more important than retaining the services of one player no matter how good or influential that player may be.

What sense is that if the long term future is us banding about the lower leagues?

If we keep Draper we have a chance of promotion and if he walks after then good luck to him, we could both part on good terms, or we would be in a stronger position to negotiate a new contract. 

If we sell him we get a minimal fee and not his true worth, we have less chance of promotion and he would be going to our rival and making them stronger. 

If County want him, make them pay over the odds because we would need that to replace him. 

If negotiating I'd be asking for £300k off the bat and no less than £250k ... enough that if we don't get promoted this term then we have something to fall back on next season.  If they are not willing to pay that then he doesn't go anywhere and sees out his contact with the club but at least we wouldn't be getting bullied by county

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chibber said:

What sense is that if the long term future is us banding about the lower leagues?

If we keep Draper we have a chance of promotion and if he walks after then good luck to him, we could both part on good terms, or we would be in a stronger position to negotiate a new contract. 

If we sell him we get a minimal fee and not his true worth, we have less chance of promotion and he would be going to our rival and making them stronger. 

If County want him, make them pay over the odds because we would need that to replace him. 

If negotiating I'd be asking for £300k off the bat and no less than £250k ... enough that if we don't get promoted this term then we have something to fall back on next season.  If they are not willing to pay that then he doesn't go anywhere and sees out his contact with the club but at least we wouldn't be getting bullied by county

Sounds sensible - hope Robbo is true to his word & is under no pressure to sell Draper - definetly a big fat NOOOO to selling him on the cheap!!

5 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Dont agree with the view but very clearly and eloquently put.

I really feel emotionally and for the chances of promotion i want draper to stay.

Only way we should sell Draper is if he himself wants to go to another club and hopefully not to Aberness or Dross County. Otherwise, if its in the budget, and we have been told it is, then keep him for our push back to the Premiership. 

• Agree 1

So is this roughly the areas of the squad that we've strengthened?

Mark Ridgers - GK
Riccardo Calder - DL (also midfield?)
Collin Seedorf - DC (also midfield?)
Matty Elsdon - DC
Zachary Elbouzedi - MR
John Baird - ST
George Oakley - ST

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

So is this roughly the areas of the squad that we've strengthened?

Mark Ridgers - GK
Riccardo Calder - DL (also midfield?)
Collin Seedorf - DC (also midfield?)
Matty Elsdon - DC
Zachary Elbouzedi - MR
John Baird - ST
George Oakley - ST

Think that sums it up..interesting to see these guys all play - going to Elgin tomorrow & might go to Nairn tonight as well..

So our 'realistic' first team squad is something this then?

Goalkeepers

Owain Fon Williams
Ryan Esson
Mark Ridgers

Defenders

Garry Warren
Brad Mckay
David Raven
Carl Tremarco
Riccardo Calder
Collin Seedorf
Matty Elsdon

Midfielders

Ross Draper
Liam Polworth
Ian Vigurs
Aaron Doran
Jake Mulraney
Zachary Elbouzedi

Forwards

John Baird
George Oakley

Zak Elbouzedi 2.JPGInverness Caledonian Thistle have snapped up their seventh signing of the summer so far with the capture of Zak Elbouzedi.

The nineteen year old Irish winger joins from English Premier League club West Bromwich Albion on a two year deal and played for the Caley Jags as a trialist in the recent friendly win over Forres Mechanics.

Inverness manager John Robertson added “We’re delighted that Zak has joined us, he brings pace and power to our attack and we see enormous potential in him. I’m looking forward to working with Zak and seeing him develop in the Highlands.”

4 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I thought the one on the left might be Elbouzedi.  Don't think that's Polworth.

Fairly certain thats Oakley's barnet, moustache and tattoo combo. I'm less certain about Polly but still quite sure its him

I appreciate people are getting excited by these signings but we don't really know anything about these players.  Aside from Baird none have any real experience that we can judge them against and players straight out of youth academies are often very raw and unable to make an impact in first team football.  Look at the example of Jake Mulreany, who generated a lot of excitement thsi time last year but didn't have as big an influence as anyone would've wanted.

We should also beware comparing these players to the players we've previously signed from the English lower leagues and Academies.  None of these guys have over fifty games in first team football, a couple (Elbouzedi and Elsdon) have never played first team football.  Players like Hayes, Rooney, Draper, Tansey, Watkins, Tremarco all had far more experience, most of them had around 100 first teams games under their belts.

They could be excellent signings and I hope they are but I'd be very surprised if, aside from Baird and Ridgers, more than one or two of these guys becomes a regular first team player.

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, ictchris said:

I appreciate people are getting excited by these signings but we don't really know anything about these players.  Aside from Baird none have any real experience that we can judge them against and players straight out of youth academies are often very raw and unable to make an impact in first team football.  Look at the example of Jake Mulreany, who generated a lot of excitement thsi time last year but didn't have as big an influence as anyone would've wanted.

We should also beware comparing these players to the players we've previously signed from the English lower leagues and Academies.  None of these guys have over fifty games in first team football, a couple (Elbouzedi and Elsdon) have never played first team football.  Players like Hayes, Rooney, Draper, Tansey, Watkins, Tremarco all had far more experience, most of them had around 100 first teams games under their belts.

They could be excellent signings and I hope they are but I'd be very surprised if, aside from Baird and Ridgers, more than one or two of these guys becomes a regular first team player.

They are, I think, longer term prospects - the core of the team is still there & these guys will have to prove they can cut it - Robbo must be fairly confident in some of them as some, like Elbouzadi & Seedorf are on 2 year deals, I believe.

Fully expect Mulraney to kick on this season & be much more influential. Who knows, 1 years experience & a manager who actually has some tactical knowledge may work wonders..