Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

20 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I'm still struggling to work out this whole goalkeeper line of thinking.  We want to offload Fon Williams because he's on a high wage - that I can understand, yet we already have Cameron Mackay (who looks a very capable young keeper) and Ryan Esson, along with Daniel Hoban and a lad Foster from the U17s, yet before we offload Fon Williams we bring in yet another goalkeeper.  It doesn't make any sense to me at all.  On top of that, Ridgers looks really dodgy to me and has yet to inspire me that he has what it takes to be our long term number 1.  I never really rated when I saw him at his previous clubs either actually.

So we have OFW, Esson, Ridgers, Mackay, Hoban and Foster. Where is Mackay because I haven't seen him in any friendlies or even on the bench? 

2 hours ago, Caman said:

So we have OFW, Esson, Ridgers, Mackay, Hoban and Foster. Where is Mackay because I haven't seen him in any friendlies or even on the bench? 

2 hours ago, Adamskibeats said:

Cammy McKays injured as far as I know.

With Esson coaching that will leave four with Mckay injured.  If we can punt OFW who was crap last season that will free up money to pay for the lot and get in another player.

Robertson quoted in the P&J today saying that we aren't in the position to pay a fee for Kevin Fraser and that he's disappointed in Buckie for saying they'd need one.

Odd situation as we'd discussed the deal when taking him on trial, so surely we'd have known what they were looking for.  Also, if you google Kevin Fraser Buckie Thistle one of the first results is him signing a new contract.

We aren't really in the position to pay fees for anyone I suppose.  Disappointing all round really.

It was only a few weeks ago that our esteemed board in their attempt to justify ludicrously priced season tickets used the statement that all players still under contract for this season have indicated they want to stay and help gain promotion. So now that they have our money in the bank surprise, surprise, we are now looking to offload some of these players. As has been mentioned quality over quantity is surely the best plan to achieve promotion especially as, with the exception of Seedorf, none of our signings have given any indication of being anything other than average and I would say the replacements in goals and left back where Raven and Fon Williams could be playing look to me to be particularly poor. 

Have to say that I'm disappointed by Caley's approach here in trying bully-boy tactics, hoping to shame Buckie into "selling".  Buckie agreeing not to stand in Kevin Fraser's way is not the same as saying they'll let him go for free.  Why should they?  What would be the point in having a contract?  We'd be the first to moan if Aberdeen came knocking (again) for a player with a sense of entitlement because they're the bigger team in the bigger league.  And just before the season kicks off, too.

Robbo is quoted as saying "if there was a deal to be done we were happy to sit and talk to them about it".  How would that have gone?  "Give us your player.  We'll give you nothing for him."  That seems to be the only deal to be done.

Seems to be a few things lately where Caley lack class.

2 hours ago, ictchris said:

Robertson quoted in the P&J today saying that we aren't in the position to pay a fee for Kevin Fraser and that he's disappointed in Buckie for saying they'd need one.

Odd situation as we'd discussed the deal when taking him on trial, so surely we'd have known what they were looking for.  Also, if you google Kevin Fraser Buckie Thistle one of the first results is him signing a new contract.

We aren't really in the position to pay fees for anyone I suppose.  Disappointing all round really.

What on earth made us think that we could exploit a Highland League club by taking their captain and best player, who has recently signed a three year contract, without compensation?

Very embarrassing if that's what we've been reduced to.

A few people getting their knickers in a twist here based on the mistaken belief that we expect to get Buckie's captain for free. What Robertson says is that we won't be paying "a substantial fee", implying that we would be happy to pay a modest fee - what that means in monetary terms I have no idea. No doubt we will want to get him on the cheap because we can't afford otherwise, but it seems wrong to criticise ICT for expecting him to be free.

Meanwhile, Buckie's manager comes out with the rather ridiculous statement that they need a big fee because they'll have to sign 3 players to replace him.

It would be better for all if the transfer fee negotiations took place in private.

• Agree 1

Just now, Yngwie said:

A few people getting their knickers in a twist here based on the mistaken belief that we expect to get Buckie's captain for free. What Robertson says is that we won't be paying "a substantial fee", implying that we would be happy to pay a modest fee - what that means in monetary terms I have no idea. No doubt we will want to get him on the cheap because we can't afford otherwise, but it seems wrong to criticise ICT for expecting him to be free.

Meanwhile, Buckie's manager comes out with the rather ridiculous statement that they need a big fee because they'll have to sign 3 players to replace him.

It would be better for all if the transfer fee negotiations took place in private.

Acquiring, buying, getting a player on loan and so on is probably not as cut and dried as you might think. Maybe there was crossed wires on either side, maybe not. What we read in the press is often 'changed' to sound more exciting than what the actual thuth is. Often the only things that are 100% true in the newspaper is what is on TV and the crossword answers!!!

Maybe there was some kind of 'deal' being negotiated between the clubs. i.e. that if we 'got' Kevin Fraser then maybe some of our young players could have gone on loan to Buckie Thistle in exchange. This to me would be a good idea to allow them regular game time as opposed to warming the bench. 

Fair play.  All a bit disheartening, though, where Robbo has to ship players out before anyone can come in.  Suggests he's not happy with a few, so we either persevere with a squad he doesn't like, or gamble on replacements coming in and gelling straight away.

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Cannot believe for one moment that a transfer fee was not mentioned however large or small by either club prior to the lad coming across on trial.

As for the Buckie manager talking the price of his player up, cannot see how that is such a 'ridiculous statement'. Surely it's no different to how we are doing our business in trying to keep Ross Draper.  

Hopefully we can get this resolved and he can go onto emulate the likes of Iain Stewart, Richie Hart and Ross Tokely.

1 hour ago, IcyT said:

Fair play.  All a bit disheartening, though, where Robbo has to ship players out before anyone can come in.  Suggests he's not happy with a few, so we either persevere with a squad he doesn't like, or gamble on replacements coming in and gelling straight away.

Probably more a case of can no longer afford a few rather than not happy with a few.

1 hour ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Bring back Nick Ross instead if the price is right.

I had mentioned this on P & B and a poster there said that apparently Ross was wanting to try his hand abroad. Has this been mentioned in the local press?

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Guess what is going to happen next ?

..would it be that Richie Foran will be re-signed as a player (on a pay per penalty scored basis) so be brought back specifically to occupy a place on the bench each game and be brought on when we get a penalty? Each time he scores he gets a big bonus and then gets withdrawn and another substitute sent on?

8 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

..would it be that Richie Foran will be re-signed as a player (on a pay per penalty scored basis) so be brought back specifically to occupy a place on the bench each game and be brought on when we get a penalty? Each time he scores he gets a big bonus and then gets withdrawn and another substitute sent on?

I don't think that will happen. 

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Guess what is going to happen next ?

We are going to re-sign Dean Brill and loan him to Clach?