Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

7 minutes ago, ictchris said:

The players we signed during the two seasons following the cup win.  I've bolded the ones who I think had a positive impact on the team.

Owain Fôn Williams

Jordan Roberts   

Iain Vigurs   

Ryan Williams    

Nathaniel Wedderburn    

Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo    

Liam Hughes

Dani López     

Alex Fisher     

Tobi Sho-Silva   

Miles Storey     

Scott Boden    

Kevin McNaughton    

Henri Anier     

Jake Mulraney     

Brad McKay

Lonsana Doumbouya  

Dean Ebbe     

Billy King     

Larnell Cole     

Jamie McCart     

Billy McKay     

Louis Laing

Doumbaya wasn't a footballer but did score some goals and Mckay didn't have the impact we wanted but did OK.  Alex Fisher did well when he played but wasn't used at all and Jordan Roberts also missed a lot of the season but looked dangerous when he did play.

A parade of utter diddies though.

I thought that Jordan Roberts had loads of potential. What was the story with his leaving, did he want to go or did ICT not want him.

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

I thought that Jordan Roberts had loads of potential. What was the story with his leaving, did he want to go or did ICT not want him.

He was injured a lot of the time he was here and was only a one-year deal.  There were stories that he had a poor attitude in training but he looked dangerous in the games he played.

I was being generous including him, Doumbaya, Fisher and Mckay as positive players.  None of them played more than half a season worth of games.

11 minutes ago, ictchris said:

He was injured a lot of the time he was here and was only a one-year deal.  There were stories that he had a poor attitude in training but he looked dangerous in the games he played.

I was being generous including him, Doumbaya, Fisher and Mckay as positive players.  None of them played more than half a season worth of games.

Yes, we do seem to have had more than our fair share of injuries over the last couple of seasons,  whereas a few seasons ago you could almost name the same lineup before the teams were announced. 

16 hours ago, caleyboy said:

please let's not forget that Kenny Cameron played a MAJOR role in our current situation - no matter what his supporters say. OBTW we still don't have anyone with a football background on our board! Please don't say Danny McD cos he aint a director, he's a very well paid employee. Probably costing us the same if not more than Cameron! Cutbacks..........

Absolutely the guy conveniently walked away leaving us where we are today, bottom of the league and skint. His appointment of the untried Foran on such a lucrative deal was absolute madness one which will be haunt us financially for a couple seasons to come, if all is to be believed. 

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, ictchris said:

The players we signed during the two seasons following the cup win.  I've bolded the ones who I think had a positive impact on the team.

Owain Fôn Williams

Jordan Roberts   

Iain Vigurs   

Ryan Williams    

Nathaniel Wedderburn    

Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo    

Liam Hughes

Dani López     

Alex Fisher     

Tobi Sho-Silva   

Miles Storey     

Scott Boden    

Kevin McNaughton    

Henri Anier     

Jake Mulraney     

Brad McKay

Lonsana Doumbouya  

Dean Ebbe     

Billy King     

Larnell Cole     

Jamie McCart     

Billy McKay     

Louis Laing

Doumbaya wasn't a footballer but did score some goals and Mckay didn't have the impact we wanted but did OK.  Alex Fisher did well when he played but wasn't used at all and Jordan Roberts also missed a lot of the season but looked dangerous when he did play.

we have signed some right pish in the last few seasons 

6 hours ago, Renegade said:

A centre back who's absolutely rubbish and a midfielder, who at the age of 21, has barely played a first team game in his life and has been crocked for the best part of two years. Hmmm.

Can see the 2 year deals already being drafted up................ :(

11 hours ago, ictchris said:

No Dundee United fan has anything good to say about Donaldson during his spell there.

we seem to just be trialling guys because they are there. Hopefully I'm wrong.

It worked for Foran last season.

Actually...

On 15/08/2017 at 9:57 AM, ictchris said:

Owain Fôn Williams

Jordan Roberts   

Iain Vigurs   

Ryan Williams    

Nathaniel Wedderburn    

Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo    

Liam Hughes

Dani López     

Alex Fisher     

Tobi Sho-Silva   

Miles Storey     

Scott Boden    

Kevin McNaughton    

Henri Anier     

Jake Mulraney     

Brad McKay

Lonsana Doumbouya  

Dean Ebbe     

Billy King     

Larnell Cole     

Jamie McCart     

Billy McKay     

Louis Laing

I personally thought OfW had a positive impact in his first season here. Unfortunately last season the defence was woeful and he struggled with 2 very restricting injuries for a keeper which really impacted on his overall form.

Certainly overall as much as a positive impact as Jordan Roberts anyway. 

I don't know what it would take to get Kevin Fraser from Buckie but we should use some of the Draper money/wages to get him if it's at all possible now. Have heard nothing but good reports about him. His 2nd last night, against a team in our league, was supposed to have been brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

No mention of Kevin McNaughton in your "good"list? 

Apart from his recurring injuries he was a very steady and obviously experienced back was he not?

Hard to argue he really had a good impact on the team though.

7 hours ago, Council Juice said:

I personally thought OfW had a positive impact in his first season here. Unfortunately last season the defence was woeful and he struggled with 2 very restricting injuries for a keeper which really impacted on his overall form.

Certainly overall as much as a positive impact as Jordan Roberts anyway. 

He had a positive impact in his 2nd year too.  As you say, he spent much of the season struggling through injury and was unfairly criticised for errors he made in those circumstances.  Despite that, he still came 4th in Scotty's Player of the Season poll which reflects the generally positive view fans had of his performances over the whole of the season.  If he is fit, then I cannot for the life of me understand why he is not playing.

Same goes for Raven who came 3rd in the Player of the Season poll.  But in Raven's case there is an issue which I can't recall having been discussed.  Apologies if it has.  As we know, Raven did not feature in Hughes' plans and was effectively out on his ear when his contract expired.  Foran took a different view and took him back.  But if current management are looking to offload Raven to save on a major salary, one has to ask how come Raven is on such big money?  If Raven was keen to stay on here and was being offered a reprieve by the club, surely Raven would not have been in a great negotiating position and would have likely accepted a significantly lower offer.  If he is earning at a level which requires him, as one of our better players, to be offloaded, then it does indicate some serious irresponsibility from the club in the last couple of years when awarding contracts.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Caley Skye said:

I'm hearing we've signed some Canadian player?  Anyone able to confirm?

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Toni-Reguero-on-new-Caley-Thistle-signing-Charlie-Trafford-I-didnt-need-to-give-him-much-advice-on-joining-Inverness-16082017.htm

Apparently we've also paid a compensatory fee for him. Though I don't expect it would be very much if his contract was up in October anyway.

20 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

He had a positive impact in his 2nd year too.  As you say, he spent much of the season struggling through injury and was unfairly criticised for errors he made in those circumstances.  Despite that, he still came 4th in Scotty's Player of the Season poll which reflects the generally positive view fans had of his performances over the whole of the season.  If he is fit, then I cannot for the life of me understand why he is not playing.

Same goes for Raven who came 3rd in the Player of the Season poll.  But in Raven's case there is an issue which I can't recall having been discussed.  Apologies if it has.  As we know, Raven did not feature in Hughes' plans and was effectively out on his ear when his contract expired.  Foran took a different view and took him back.  But if current management are looking to offload Raven to save on a major salary, one has to ask how come Raven is on such big money?  If Raven was keen to stay on here and was being offered a reprieve by the club, surely Raven would not have been in a great negotiating position and would have likely accepted a significantly lower offer.  If he is earning at a level which requires him, as one of our better players, to be offloaded, then it does indicate some serious irresponsibility from the club in the last couple of years when awarding contracts.

Well put DD. We seem to have absolutely no idea how to negotiate contracts and, to me at least, too many were given on the strength of poor management decisions and for that the board, but especially the chairman have to take responsibility. I think the passage of time will show that Kenny Cameron's time as chairman was not the best in our history.

• Agree 3

Kenny Cameron couldn't win - had he not given out such contracts he would have been accused of not building on the success of the 2014/15 season as many fans were clamouring for at the time. History will show images of him holding the Scottish Cup aloft at Hampden - easily the best time in our history.

Edited by Guest

31 minutes ago, PumpFake said:

Kenny Cameron couldn't win - had he not given out such contracts he would have been accused of not building on the success of the 2014/15 season as many fans were clamouring for at the time. History will show images of him holding the Scottish Cup aloft at Hampden - easily the best time in our history.

his so called investment sfter success was totally misguided cos he knew absolutely nothing about football. that's why we are where we are.

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 1

I don't recall many people criticising the contracts offered to Draper, Raven etc.  If anything fans clamoured for it.

Interestingly, we've signed Trafford on a three year deal and paid a transfer fee for him, although considering the length of contract it's probably minimal.  

• Agree 1

I don't see how Cameron is to blame for Hughes and Foran spunking the clubs cash on utter jobbers. Per the list ICTChris posted the other day we've barely made a good signing in something like two years. The quality in the squad dropped dramatically under our last two managers.

That said I do (partly) blame Cameron for our relegation for not binning Foran earlier but overall I think he did a good job.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Winning the Scottish Cup was a fantastic achievement.

Serious question would any of you criticising have rathered we hadnt knowing what we know now? Personally I think this will be what Kenny Cameron is remembered for. 

Without being disrespectful ocg when I remember us winning the Scottish cup the last thing I think of is Kenny Cameron.

• Agree 2