Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

Can't really argue as haven't been at the league games, but tough to blame him for the penalty against United.

I'm a big nervous but forever hopeful about tomorrow though!

Edited by Robert

36 minutes ago, Caley Skye said:

Lot of negativity over the Donaldson signing.  I'm prepared to give the boy the benefit of the doubt.  After all, QPR paid a fairly significant (by Scottish standards) fee for him so he must have something about him!

What is the reason for the negativity? Comments from fans of his past teams?

1 hour ago, Caley Skye said:

Lot of negativity over the Donaldson signing.  I'm prepared to give the boy the benefit of the doubt.  After all, QPR paid a fairly significant (by Scottish standards) fee for him so he must have something about him!

Fair point, but all that £150,000 fee means is that as a teenager he had potential. As you will know, a significant proportion of teenagers with potential, especially Scottish ones it seems, just don't make the grade.

9 hours ago, RiG said:

P and J says we're signing Greg Morrison from County. Young lad who apparently plays up front or on the wing. Couldn't make out if it's a loan or permanent deal. 

Really demonstrates how the balance of power has changed with County signing our best player and us being reduced to taking players from them who are not good enough to be first team regulars.

• Agree 1

Wasn't Robbo bemoaning loan fees recently particularly if a player doesn't play? Give how well stacked we are up front signing this kid seems an odd move although County fans seem to rate him highly and think he can also play wide.

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

Wasn't Robbo bemoaning loan fees recently particularly if a player doesn't play? Give how well stacked we are up front signing this kid seems an odd move although County fans seem to rate him highly and think he can also play wide.

Would that not suggest it was a permanent deal?

On 17/08/2017 at 8:13 PM, caleyboy said:

I understand where you are coming from. From what is being said 're our finances, somebody has overspent somewhere cos we needed massive soft loans to pay wages! Does nobody see why? OBTW  the chief exec and chairman was Mr Kenny Cameron.

If what you mean is that KC wasn't very good at keeping to a stringent budget and struggled to say no to the manager when they kept asking for more then I'd probably be inclined to agree there. Once the budget is thrashed out and agreed upon it is then up to the manager to find appropriate talent in that budget range. It did seem quite often last season that the chairman was very generous in trying to get Foran out of a hole. As for giving him a 4 year deal in the first Place? That was ridiculous no matter who it is getting the job, never mind a rookie. 2 years initially and then extend it at end of the first season if deemed worthy.

Interestingly 15 players (including loans) have now left the club and 12 new signings made. That's a huge turnover of playing staff by any means. I think we all need to give the new boys time to settle in.

So much for keeping the squad together Eh? :frustrated01: :amazed:

26 minutes ago, Council Juice said:

Interestingly 15 players (including loans) have now left the club and 12 new signings made. That's a huge turnover of playing staff by any means. I think we all need to give the new boys time to settle in.

So much for keeping the squad together Eh? :frustrated01: :amazed:

It really is unprecedented, any team would struggle with that amount of turnover of players from one season to the next. It will take time to find the right formation and blend, I just hope we can find it soon.

My take on the new signings -

• Mark Ridgers - Looks a bit dodgy to me.  Shot stopping is reasonable enough, but his kicking is very poor and looks really weak at crosses.  A pointless signing as well.
  • Joe Chalmers - Too slow, dodgy, poor defensively and offers nothing going forward.  He was a worse left-back than Lionel Djebi-Zadi!  Perhaps he'll be re-born as a left sided centre half but at left back he gives me the fear!
  • John Baird - Can't fault his effort but I'll be surprised if he scores more than ten goals this season.  
  • George Oakley - Another work horse but again I don't think he's a goalscorer.  Perhaps playing him on the wing or as a number 10 is an option.
  • Riccardo Calder - Versatile and quick,  he does have something about him.  While he has a habit to drift in and out of games, he certainly looks better on the wing than at left back.  Think he'll turn out quite well.
  • Matthew Elsdon - A lumbering young defender who was looks rather error-prone.  Can see him turning out for the likes of Kingstonian and Leatherhead in the next few years.
  • Connor Bell - A real livewire who reminds me a bit of Noel Hunt.  I like his tenacity.  Again though, is he a goalscorer?
  • Felticiano Zschusschen - I wonder if we've been conned here.  He's absolutely useless.  Slower than a week in jail and couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo!
  • Zak Elbouzedi - Only saw him properly against Forres where he looked impressive.  We've yet to see yet if he can cut it against Championship sides though.
  • Charlie Trafford - Looks neat and tidy today and seems less lumbering than Draper.  I was impressed by today's showing.
  • Alex Cooper - Powderpuff. 
  • Coll Donaldson - Yet to see him.  Hopefully it stays that way.
Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

On 18/08/2017 at 7:52 PM, RiG said:

Ridgers has cost us a goal a game almost over the last few weeks. He's been exceptionally poor. 

Personally, I'd like to see Canmy MacKay get a run in the team (once he's fit - believe he's injured just now?). He did fine when he stood in for OFW at short notice for a game last season...Ridgers could do with the competition for the jersey...

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

Personally, I'd like to see Canmy MacKay get a run in the team

ICT playing a product of their youth system ahead of some jobber we picked up..................sadly cant see that happening in goal or any position sadly

Remember the youth team was managed by ritchie before he got the full job. 

If he can take tough winning professionals and turn them into frustrated and confused losers how do you think the kids coped. It would probably take them a while to recover. 

It will take three years to rebuild the youth crop but we now have a manager who has spent the last few years at a very successful youth academy. They will come back and with john they will be encouraged and they will build into the team. 

Unfortunately we lost the youth players from last two years due to the management. 

Look at the current subs bench and see the kids are trusted and will come. 

4 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Remember the youth team was managed by ritchie before he got the full job. 

If he can take tough winning professionals and turn them into frustrated and confused losers how do you think the kids coped. It would probably take them a while to recover. 

It will take three years to rebuild the youth crop but we now have a manager who has spent the last few years at a very successful youth academy. They will come back and with john they will be encouraged and they will build into the team. 

Unfortunately we lost the youth players from last two years due to the management. 

Look at the current subs bench and see the kids are trusted and will come. 

Foran didn't manage our development  squad or any of our youth teams.