Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

19 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Has he actually signed anything?

Falkirk fans and thier manager seem to think so.

Peter Houston was on on the ball today apparently confirming it but nothing official from us yet

Just seems strange that it was done before Robbo was actually confirmed, would be very strange to have signed anyone without a substantive manager actually in place. I'd like to think Robbo already knows the kind of players he wants and will have a huge contact base ready to supply names, something I dont think Foran had one of this time last season 

As things stand - 

Goalkeeper

• Owain Fon Williams
  • Ryan Esson
  • Cameron Mackay (we think)
  • Daniel Hoban

Defenders

• David Raven
  • Carl Tremarco
  • Gary Warren
  • Brad Mckay
  • Alistair Stark
  • Kevin McNaughton (if he signs a new deal)

Midfielders

• Ross Draper
  • Liam Polworth
  • Aaron Doran
  • Jake Mulraney
  • Iain Vigurs

Strikers

• Scott Boden
  • Andrew MacRae
  • John Baird

One would presume Cameron Mackay and/or Daniel Hoban will go out on loan, while we can't really expect Stark and MacRae to walk into the first team straight away.  We're well covered in goal, while (especially should McNaughton stay) our defensive is pretty solid.  Could maybe do with one more centre back though.  We can assume Baird is signed but I'd like to see one more Alex Fisher-style target man brought in.  Midfield has quality, but maybe another central midfielder and another winger would finish the team off nicely.  I'd make that four more signings after Baird.

• Agree 2

As things stand Renegades list is all we have to go on just now :blush: Did I read somewhere that Fon Williams, Warren and Raven have been told they can find another club?

• Disagree 1

54 minutes ago, Renegade said:

As things stand - 

Goalkeeper

• Owain Fon Williams
  • Ryan Esson
  • Cameron Mackay (we think)
  • Daniel Hoban

Defenders

• David Raven
  • Carl Tremarco
  • Gary Warren
  • Brad Mckay
  • Alistair Stark
  • Kevin McNaughton (if he signs a new deal)

Midfielders

• Ross Draper
  • Liam Polworth
  • Aaron Doran
  • Jake Mulraney
  • Iain Vigurs

Strikers

• Scott Boden
  • Andrew MacRae
  • John Baird

One would presume Cameron Mackay and/or Daniel Hoban will go out on loan, while we can't really expect Stark and MacRae to walk into the first team straight away.  We're well covered in goal, while (especially should McNaughton stay) our defensive is pretty solid.  Could maybe do with one more centre back though.  We can assume Baird is signed but I'd like to see one more Alex Fisher-style target man brought in.  Midfield has quality, but maybe another central midfielder and another winger would finish the team off nicely.  I'd make that four more signings after Baird.

I'm wondering of Ryan Esson may be concentrating on coaching this season - he's our goalkeeping coach & as previous poster stated, 4 keepers is probably 1 more than we need.

Unless OFW leaves us at some point....

36 minutes ago, fox83 said:

Scott Davidson from Fort William scored a load last season for them in the Highland League due to start training with ICTFC next week i believe.

Fort William to the Championship ....a leap to far one thinks !!!

I think Scott Davidson is from Inverness.  It's entirely possible he's just training with the club in order to get himself up to fitness to sign for another club in the Highland League.  Despite playing for Fort William, he's actually a very good player in the Highland League.

7 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Used to be on our books, I think.

Can anyone confirm that Scott Davidson was on ICT's books?  He does not appear in the 'all time' list of players.  If indeed he did play for us at one time I should add him to my list of ex ICT goalscorers.  A quick check shows that he has scored 10 for Fort in 2017 alone!

Scott Davidson is apparently in high demand amongst Highland League teams and could have had his pick.  Seems to be unclear whether he's signed or on trial during pre-season but either way I'm delighted we're looking at promising HL players.  Heard about this during the week and the person who told me had great confidence in Davidson's ability to step up.

1 hour ago, quizzer said:

Scott Davidson is apparently in high demand amongst Highland League teams and could have had his pick.  Seems to be unclear whether he's signed or on trial during pre-season but either way I'm delighted we're looking at promising HL players.  Heard about this during the week and the person who told me had great confidence in Davidson's ability to step up.

Why shouldn't we search for talent from the Highland League? I seem to remember when we signed Rossco all those years ago from Huntly people were saying he wasn't good enough for the 3rd Division and every time we got promoted up to the Premier saying the same thing..

Richie Hart did not too bad either! Probably others I haven't mentioned either..

I didn't include Iain Stewart, as I believe he didn't play as a full time player, great player that he was..

Why not take a punt on players from the Highland League? Its low risk & pretty cheap & u may win a watch. Richie Hart is a fine example of a qaulity player & any player who can score 30 odd goals in a season is worth a look at. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, fox83 said:

Scott Davidson from Fort William scored a load last season for them in the Highland League due to start training with ICTFC next week i believe.

I happened to mention this to someone involved at Fort William a few weeks ago. He was going on about how good he was and that the like of Brora etc were looking to take him. I jokingly said to him 'maybe Caley should sign him'. He said that we had had him watched but he wasn't sure what was going to come of it. It certainly doesn't hurt us to give the guy a trial.

• Agree 1