Sign in to follow this  
ferben1994

Transfer in and outs

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

Encouraged also by the fact he's said he wants to give youth a chance..would live to see some local lads step up to the 1st team & make an impact..

I think this is an absolute master-stroke by Mr Experience.

Giving youth a chance is popular with fans, generally cheaper and can uncover some real gems.  And if it doesnt work out - "oh sorry, the kids just weren't up to it, not my fault"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

I think this is an absolute master-stroke by Mr Experience.

Giving youth a chance is popular with fans, generally cheaper and can uncover some real gems.  And if it doesnt work out - "oh sorry, the kids just weren't up to it, not my fault"

Very true - but then again, would love to see another Nick Ross, Ryan Christie, etc come through...

No more news on the Brum City fan claiming that Andrew Shinnie was about to sign for us...would be VERY suprised if that was even likely, to be honest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jingsmonty said:

P & J (always accurate...!) are reporting that we are trying to resign Louis Laing..

re-sign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ictchris said:

We offered Blair Yule a deal but he didn't want to take a gamble on full time football when the new manager hadn't seen him so he signed for Arbroath instead.

https://caleyjagsnews.com/2017/06/21/news-yule-signing-for-inverness-would-have-been-a-gamble/

seems a sensible chap.

Reminds me a bit of Martin Bavidge - talented footballer that didn't want to give up a career to play full time football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ictchris said:

We offered Blair Yule a deal but he didn't want to take a gamble on full time football when the new manager hadn't seen him so he signed for Arbroath instead.

https://caleyjagsnews.com/2017/06/21/news-yule-signing-for-inverness-would-have-been-a-gamble/

seems a sensible chap.

Fair enough, no hard feelings...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently we've signed a young guy from Wimbledon. 

 

New balls please!!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Caman said:

Apparently we've signed a young guy from Wimbledon. 

 

New balls please!!

Any idea who and what position he plays ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caman said:

Apparently we've signed a young guy from Wimbledon. 

 

New balls please!!

Uncle Bulgaria? 

 

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're going to have ex-Motherwell defenders Joe Chalmers and David Ferguson up training with us according to the P&J.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speculation and, no doubt, movement. Now we are talking.

Bustler John  up at dawn. Let's just wait and see what changes you spawn?:cheer01:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Chalmers is not very good at football. 

Ridgers is decent enough I'd say and you'd imagine that Fôn Williams is probably away. I'd rather see Cameron Mackay get a chance though to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Renegade said:

Joe Chalmers is not very good at football. 

Ridgers is decent enough I'd say and you'd imagine that Fôn Williams is probably away. I'd rather see Cameron Mackay get a chance though to be honest. 

I'm in agreement with that. He is definitely no better than what we currently have. If Fonners does go then that should act as a catalyst for Cameron/Hoban to push on and fight it out for the number one jersey. However I think the latter will go out on loan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ictchris said:

Three completely 'meh' signings, at best.

 

We're a Championship club, remember - I'm not expecting megabucks tranfer fees here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Renegade said:

Joe Chalmers is not very good at football. 

Ridgers is decent enough I'd say and you'd imagine that Fôn Williams is probably away. I'd rather see Cameron Mackay get a chance though to be honest. 

Maybe Hoban will go out on loan, which would be better than him sitting on the bench all season.

Maybe Cammy MacKay & Ridgers will be vying for the no.1 jersey? Asduming OFW away & Esson concentrating in coaching?

Not really relevant, but 2 local lads (3 if you count Hoban) fighting for the no.1 shirt!

Don't know anything about Chalmers & Ferguson - but as for ex-Motherwell defenders, Louis Laing worked out ok. It's how players play for US, not how they played before that's important & if they can do a job, that's fine for me.

Assuming Kev McNaughton is away then? Shame, but can't say I blame him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

We're a Championship club, remember - I'm not expecting megabucks tranfer fees here!

I wouldn't expect megabucks fees if we were a Premiership club either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, looks like we've beaten Peterhead to his signature!

#stillabigclub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.