Transfer in and outs

ferben1994

42 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

Encouraged also by the fact he's said he wants to give youth a chance..would live to see some local lads step up to the 1st team & make an impact..

I think this is an absolute master-stroke by Mr Experience.

Giving youth a chance is popular with fans, generally cheaper and can uncover some real gems.  And if it doesnt work out - "oh sorry, the kids just weren't up to it, not my fault"

28 minutes ago, ictfcsince94 said:

I think this is an absolute master-stroke by Mr Experience.

Giving youth a chance is popular with fans, generally cheaper and can uncover some real gems.  And if it doesnt work out - "oh sorry, the kids just weren't up to it, not my fault"

Very true - but then again, would love to see another Nick Ross, Ryan Christie, etc come through...

No more news on the Brum City fan claiming that Andrew Shinnie was about to sign for us...would be VERY suprised if that was even likely, to be honest

22 minutes ago, ictchris said:

We offered Blair Yule a deal but he didn't want to take a gamble on full time football when the new manager hadn't seen him so he signed for Arbroath instead.

https://caleyjagsnews.com/2017/06/21/news-yule-signing-for-inverness-would-have-been-a-gamble/

seems a sensible chap.

Reminds me a bit of Martin Bavidge - talented footballer that didn't want to give up a career to play full time football

Joe Chalmers is not very good at football. 

Ridgers is decent enough I'd say and you'd imagine that Fôn Williams is probably away. I'd rather see Cameron Mackay get a chance though to be honest. 

6 hours ago, Renegade said:

Ridgers is decent enough I'd say and you'd imagine that Fôn Williams is probably away. I'd rather see Cameron Mackay get a chance though to be honest. 

I'm in agreement with that. He is definitely no better than what we currently have. If Fonners does go then that should act as a catalyst for Cameron/Hoban to push on and fight it out for the number one jersey. However I think the latter will go out on loan. 

7 hours ago, Renegade said:

Maybe Hoban will go out on loan, which would be better than him sitting on the bench all season.

Maybe Cammy MacKay & Ridgers will be vying for the no.1 jersey? Asduming OFW away & Esson concentrating in coaching?

Not really relevant, but 2 local lads (3 if you count Hoban) fighting for the no.1 shirt!

Don't know anything about Chalmers & Ferguson - but as for ex-Motherwell defenders, Louis Laing worked out ok. It's how players play for US, not how they played before that's important & if they can do a job, that's fine for me.

Assuming Kev McNaughton is away then? Shame, but can't say I blame him.

6 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

We're a Championship club, remember - I'm not expecting megabucks tranfer fees here!

I wouldn't expect megabucks fees if we were a Premiership club either.